Author Topic: The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!  (Read 6478 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I'll take my chances with a media I know is biased over the compulsive lying of captain clownhair.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'll take my chances with a media I know is biased over the compulsive lying of captain clownhair.

We're not supposed to criticize him, I was lectured about it this morning. Trump saying crap like this is perfectly normal right?

geronl

Big Orange Brother has his Goldstein

Offline Cripplecreek

We're not supposed to criticize him, I was lectured about it this morning. Trump saying crap like this is perfectly normal right?

Let em lecture, I just ignore them anyway. If I wanted a media minder to tell me what news to watch I would build a time machine and go back to Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

I turned to CNN during the campaign because in their hate for all conservatives they were far more balanced than anywhere else.

The fact that FOX sat there and allowed Trump to lie and claim Rafael Cruz was involved in the JFK assassination is a large part of why I walked away from FOX and have never gone back. Trump spouted his lie and the idiots on FOX sat there and nodded like bobbleheads. CNN actually did some of that icky journalism, researched it and found that all the evidence pointed away from it.

Offline Cripplecreek

Big Orange Brother has his Goldstein

LOL I've been thinking of the Two Minutes of Hate a lot lately.

Offline r9etb

When did ABC join the shitlist?

When he realized that he still had 4 characters left out of his 140.

• Technical
A century ago, it took Vladimir Lenin one month after taking power to coin the term "vrag naroda", "enemy of the people", on 28 Nov, 1917.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/832742372089880580

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Don't often laugh out loud - but that surprised one out of me!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

:silly:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
When did ABC join the shitlist?

When he thought of George Stephanopoulos?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline r9etb

Don't often laugh out loud - but that surprised one out of me!

:beer:

Offline Victoria33

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

That is one of his chaos makers today.  There will be more chaos makers tomorrow, however today is not over.

Offline Cripplecreek

Offline andy58-in-nh

Today, the news media think that they are the government, and in many instances, they are, or have been. In any event, our news media are integral to the power structure of our Federal government, and having abandoned their original mission, no longer act in the service of the people, but in pursuit of their own advantages. 

Donald Trump understands little of this, sadly, and is content to oppose them simply because they oppose him. The result for conservatives may be satisfactory in the short term, but it will not solve the problem of the Progressive capture of our cultural institutions, and might well retard the development of an effective opposition.   
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:50:16 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline LMAO

Donald Trump understands little of this, sadly, and is content to oppose them simply because they oppose him. The result for conservatives may be satisfactory in the short term, but it will not solve the problem of the Progressive capture of our cultural institutions, and might well retard the development of an effective opposition.

Many of his supporters may bump their fists in the air with cries of "woot, woot!" Trump is not playing to the American people at large but his base. Not that that's bad but instead of bashing the press, an institution that rates about 15% in trustworthiness by the public at large, he needs to do a Reagan and go around them. Right now, he seems to enjoy getting into urinating contests with them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

Always entertaining to watch how quickly people forget their own railing against the MSM, calling them the enemy of America and it's people more times than I can remember. But because they hate one man more, they conveniently put all that aside as if they never felt or spoke the words themselves.

Situational ethics at it's finest.

Offline Cripplecreek

Always entertaining to watch how quickly people forget their own railing against the MSM, calling them the enemy of America and it's people more times than I can remember. But because they hate one man more, they conveniently put all that aside as if they never felt or spoke the words themselves.

I'm not a collective "People".

• Technical
I'm not a collective "People".

Norm makes an interesting point, but I never called the press an enemy of the people. Sounds like lugenpresse dictator stuff to me.

You can critique the press without believing something that crazy.

Offline Cripplecreek

Norm makes an interesting point, but I never called the press an enemy of the people. Sounds like lugenpresse dictator stuff to me.

You can critique the press without believing something that crazy.

Frankly I think Jefferson nailed it when he said he would prefer his hated press without government because the press is powerless. In fact, the press has never been more powerless than they are now in the face of a completely anarchist internet.

Its a fantasy to believe we're going to effect any changes in the media without some kind of totalitarian destruction of our rights. I'm sure some will declare that the press isn't a person and doesn't have rights but any restrictions of the press will eventually be applied to the individual.

Those who say that such totalitarianism can't happen here need only go back to the Wilson era when interestingly enough, the "correct" press had a literal tie to government by way of the Committee on public information" and the press that didn't support the Wilson government was shut down often through violence. Pseudo govt/vigilante groups like the American Protective league "arrested" thousands of people few of which were ever charged but the effect was chilling. Being overheard complaining about Woodrow Wilson and WWI was enough to get dragged out of a restaurant and dragged to the nearest police station for interrogation on their anti American activities.

Offline LMAO

What we call the mainstream media is becoming less and less mainstream. It now has become a wing of the DNC. But they have learned they can push Trump's buttons. So, by him attacking them the way he does he gives them a sort of power over him.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

I'm with you on that, Norm.  I couldn't vote for Trump, and I'm watching him closely to see which of his actions I can approve of and which I'll oppose, but there are some so blinded by their unreasoning hatred of him that they automatically and reflexively oppose and denigrate anything he says or does, even if it's in agreement with positions they espoused previously.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline LMAO

I'm with you on that, Norm.  I couldn't vote for Trump, and I'm watching him closely to see which of his actions I can approve of and which I'll oppose, but there are some so blinded by their unreasoning hatred of him that they automatically and reflexively oppose and denigrate anything he says or does, even if it's in agreement with positions they espoused previously.

But why mention the press at all? I'm of the school when your opposition is killing themselves, just stand back and let it happen. The best way to weaken and marginalize them further is to ignore them and go straight to the public. Reagan did that and did it successfully.We can rant against the press because none of us hold high office. In 2020, Trump will be either voted out of office or re elected based on how the public at large feels things are going regardless what the press says about him and the general public has become more aware how the press operates. They are losing power to influence and this election woke them up to that fact. 

I think when Trump goes into these rants about the press he gives them power over him...IMHO

Barry Goldwater

Offline goodwithagun

Citizens calling out a biased media is not the same as a politician, especially the highest political office of our land, calling out biased media. It's a little too totalitarian for my taste. Not to mention that the current MSM is going the way of buggy whip manufacturers. Their current tactics are merely death throes. The Internet is slowly making them obsolete and we can get real news with a few finger strokes. When Trump Tweets or talks about the MSM, he's merely prolonging their existence. He just needs to let them die.
I stand with Roosgirl.