Author Topic: Emperor Donald the Weak  (Read 480 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Emperor Donald the Weak
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:25 am »
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/16/emperor-donald-trump-the-weak/

Could Donald Trump bring an end to the “imperial presidency”?

• Technical
Re: Emperor Donald the Weak
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:24:25 am »
Trump has created antibodies that neuter his power over foreign policy: A Congress that is intent on going its own way on issues like Russia sanctions and seems to be (slowly) heading into more meaningful investigations, which will tie him up in knots; a career bureaucracy that will resist many of his policies and, yes, leak information; a press that will parse every move, throw him off course, and make it hard for him to drive the narrative; a judiciary that will limit his powers; and a general public energized to stand in opposition to his policies.
[/size]
[/size]
Trump will also encounter tremendous resistance abroad. He’s already astonishingly unpopular, but wait until he starts traveling and is greeted by massive protests or when allied governments openly break with him. And while foreign leaders are desperately scrambling to figure out who actually has influence in the administration, they will soon discover that folks like Jared Kushner don’t control the levers to do much of anything. If they want to influence what the United States is actually doing, they are better off going to Tillerson, Mattis, or CIA Director Mike Pompeo (who, despite being one of the original Benghazi crazies, is getting very high marks).

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:15 am »
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/16/emperor-donald-trump-the-weak/

I was one of Trump's biggest critics during the campaign, but the MSM wall to wall all out war against Trump is precedent setting, and past obvious.

The general population sees that, and will galvanize its support behind him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 09:35:34 am »
I was one of Trump's biggest critics during the campaign, but the MSM wall to wall all out war against Trump is precedent setting, and past obvious.

The general population sees that, and will galvanize its support behind him.

I think people will tune him out, personally.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 09:38:38 am »