Author Topic: The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 08:24:35 pm »
A lot of people here are perfectly willing to attack Trump on the most petty matters as well as those that are subject to interpretation.

That is helping the left and I see you gleefully joining in.

How, by posting articles? This is a discussion forum. If you want a pro-Trump safe space, try Free Republic. JimRob will probably love your donation money.

Please see my signature.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 08:33:28 pm »
A lot of people here are perfectly willing to attack Trump on the most petty matters as well as those that are subject to interpretation.

That is helping the left and I see you gleefully joining in.

There's always been a class of 'republican' who found more in common with the 'progressives' when it came to governmental reform of any kind.

They refer to themselves as 'conservatives' so they can hang with the yokels but the only thing thats conservative about them is keeping the sweet deal they've got now just the way it is.

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 08:39:57 pm »
There's always been a class of 'republican' who found more in common with the 'progressives' when it came to governmental reform of any kind.

They refer to themselves as 'conservatives' so they can hang with the yokels but the only thing thats conservative about them is keeping the sweet deal they've got now just the way it is.

@skeeter your first sentence was logical, but the second brought out a broad brush from which you paint.

There are quite a few people here that I would consider 'strong' Conservatives who for weeks wrestled with their conscience before voting for Trump, mainly because of their geography, which does not take anything away from their character or credentials, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:36 pm »
   @skeeter your first sentence was logical, but the second brought out a broad brush from which you paint.

There are quite a few people here that I would consider 'strong' Conservatives who for weeks wrestled with their conscience before voting for Trump, mainly because of their geography, which does not take anything away from their character or credentials, IMHO.

Understood. Thats not my intent, in fact I was one of those whom you describe.

However, things are what they are now. I have no quarrel with anyone expressing doubt or disappointment when this administration does something tangibly and demonstrably wrong or harmful; my problem (and many others here I suspect) is with those jumping on the leftwing anti-Trump bandwagon with the innuendo and mickey mouse bullsh*t.

We all know how the leftwing media play this death by a thousand cuts game, and we know what their goal is. Why would anyone claiming to be a conservative help them when the consequences would be so destructive?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 08:50:14 pm »
We all know how the leftwing media play this death by a thousand cuts game, and we know what their goal is. Why would anyone claiming to be a conservative help them when the consequences would be so destructive?

Bump!

Offline corbe

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 08:52:05 pm »
Understood. Thats not my intent, in fact I was one of those whom you describe.

However, things are what they are now. I have no quarrel with anyone expressing doubt or disappointment when this administration does something tangibly and demonstrably wrong or harmful; my problem (and many others here I suspect) is with those jumping on the leftwing anti-Trump bandwagon with the innuendo and mickey mouse bullsh*t.

@skeeter

I agree absolutely, I addressed this very thing yesterday

Politics / Re: Trump may aspire to be a strongman, but he's proving to be an exceptionally ineffectual president.
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:14:05 PM »
   Conservatives who dislike Trump don't do themselves any favors by attacking him based on half this crap that has little or no credibility.

It's (did I use that right?) getting harder to tell too what is legit and what is not, BUT we as an informed group of people can discern what is and what is NOT, no need for any type of censorship.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 08:52:58 pm »

How, by posting articles? This is a discussion forum. If you want a pro-Trump safe space, try Free Republic. JimRob will probably love your donation money.

Please see my signature.

I'm just not going to be ashamed of being right. I've said for months that Trump would go down over Russian ties and its about a lot more than just Flynn. Its Paul Manafort, Its Carter Page, its the GOP platform being changed to appease Russia. Trump will go down over this precisely because he isn't a Democrat and that's why the GOP has been superior. I'm a conservative constitutionalist and I'm better than the democrats and I'm not selling my soul for anybody.

Offline anubias

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »
As I understand it, Flynn lied to Pence and did other questionable things.  I watched Sean's presser this morning and the bottom line is that without saying he did anything illegal or traitorous, he has lost the trust of the Trump administration and needed to go.

I have no personal knowledge of what happened, but I would not be surprised if Flynn talked to Russia with Trump's full backing.  It would make sense that they would have when Obama was throwing bombs left and right to make Trump's transition harder for him and dangling a sanctions carrot to get Trump to grab. 

Would Trump keep Pence out of the loop and he and Flynn agreed to keep the information from him?  Did Pence just run off at the mouth or possibly baldly lie to the press if was in the loop?  Pure conjecture, but I'm not buying that it was all Flynn even with his willingness to take the fall. 

I'd rather they had stood and fought, consequences be damned as there would be blood in the water regardless of firing Flynn or keeping him because I believe this might have been a setup from the beginning by the usual suspects with all the "Russians interfered with the election" garbage, sanctions, yada.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:37 pm »

Please see my signature.

Sorry, I missed your signature. I'm sure it was clever.  To accuse me of wanting a Trump safe space is ridiculous but you don't care I'm sure.

I'm simply objecting to the gleeful joining in of you and others in attacking Trump on trivial things.  When and if Trump does something harmful to our country, I will join in criticizing him.

But we've known forever about Trump's personal Idiosyncrasies and offensive personal behavior.  To continue to nitpick it now is pathetic on our part ... as pathetic as the behavior of the lunatics on the left.

Why don't we just agree to a given:  Trump is not the man we would have chosen.  He is a narcissist and maybe a bully. 

Wake me when you find something outside of that truth to fine something that he's done wrong that negatively affects the country and not just your sensibilities.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:28 pm »
Sorry, I missed your signature. I'm sure it was clever.  To accuse me of wanting a Trump safe space is ridiculous

Sounds to me that is exactly what you want.

Offline anubias

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 09:22:29 pm »
I'm just not going to be ashamed of being right. I've said for months that Trump would go down over Russian ties and its about a lot more than just Flynn. Its Paul Manafort, Its Carter Page, its the GOP platform being changed to appease Russia. Trump will go down over this precisely because he isn't a Democrat and that's why the GOP has been superior. I'm a conservative constitutionalist and I'm better than the democrats and I'm not selling my soul for anybody.

No, you just have to be right.  For some reason, your manhood depends upon it.  You are completely wrapped up in a Trump failure simply because of your need to be "right".  Your country be damned.  Forgive me if I am wrong, but relentless pride to the detriment of your Country is not a Conservative value in my opinion. 

While you may indeed be proven "right" in the end, I do know you are not the person I would want to have my six in a war.

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
No, you just have to be right.  For some reason, your manhood depends upon it.  You are completely wrapped up in a Trump failure simply because of your need to be "right".  Your country be damned.  Forgive me if I am wrong, but relentless pride to the detriment of your Country is not a Conservative value in my opinion. 

While you may indeed be proven "right" in the end, I do know you are not the person I would want to have my six in a war.

Another keyboard warrior here.

:silly:

You a tough guy?  :silly:

Offline anubias

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »

Sounds to me that is exactly what you want.

As for your signature, that is EXACTLY what you are.

Stop accusing Emjay and others of wanting a safe space.  She has not said anything of the kind.  Your posts are simply annoying and silly.  I put you on ignore long ago because scrolling past their great length and count was a waste of my time and inflamed my CTS. 

Unfortunately, I saw your post in EmJay's quote and opened up a post of yours to read said signature.  Imagine the laugh I got out of it?  You can be a funny guy.  I did not know it as I thought your posts were merely droning leftist drivel.  Congrats.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 10:15:23 pm »
As for your signature, that is EXACTLY what you are.

Stop accusing Emjay and others of wanting a safe space.  She has not said anything of the kind.  Your posts are simply annoying and silly.  I put you on ignore long ago because scrolling past their great length and count was a waste of my time and inflamed my CTS. 

Unfortunately, I saw your post in EmJay's quote and opened up a post of yours to read said signature.  Imagine the laugh I got out of it?  You can be a funny guy.  I did not know it as I thought your posts were merely droning leftist drivel.  Congrats.
000hehehehe