Author Topic: The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn  (Read 3227 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:35:19 pm »
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-14/the-political-assassination-of-michael-flynn

In the end, it was Trump's decision to cut Flynn loose. In doing this he caved in to his political and bureaucratic opposition. Nunes told me Monday night that this will not end well. "First it's Flynn, next it will be Kellyanne Conway, then it will be Steve Bannon, then it will be Reince Priebus," he said. Put another way, Flynn is only the appetizer. Trump is the entree.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:19 pm »
Flynn cooked his own goose by denying that any such contacts had happened.  This Administration is going to be attacked enough as it is without self-inflicted wounds.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:39:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:29 pm »
The GOP is the main course and they will have earned their place at the table.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »
Flynn cooked his own goose by denying that any such contacts had happened.  This Administration is going to be attacked enough as it is without self-inflicted wounds.

As I pointed out in the other thread, he admitted what he did in his resignation letter. There was no political assassination. He did something critically wrong, he admitted such, and resigned. This shouldn't be a debate, we have his own admission.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2017/02/13/text-of-national-security-advisor-mike-flynns-resignation-letter/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 03:44:48 pm »
Your fired!!!  Get used to it.  Common practice with our narcissist president.  Especially when Trumps policies don't make him look great.  Someone will have to leave.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 05:05:33 pm »
This was all Flynn's doing.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »
Who needs to be fired is the idiot(s) who rammed through the travel ban without thinking through the political and judicial ramifications.   Trump has spent his first three weeks picking unnecessary fights,  creating unneeded enemies, and otherwise making unforced errors that have drained his political capital.   

Whoever's advising Trump and making him look like a fool needs to go, and pronto.

Steve Bannon, I'm looking at you. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:01:40 pm »

He did not deny any such contacts had happened. The author is exactly correct. This is a second high level official assassinated by a fake news story.  Monica Crowley got canned over the bogus claim that she was a serial plagiarist.

The lefts game plain is to fabricate enough fake news to make it safe to go after Trump. The deep state likes things just the way they are and will tolerate no real curbs on how it runs the country. Conservatives better wake up and fast or the uniparty will be back in charge screwing the American people 24/7.  Trump should find a spot for Pat Buchanan in his admin. Pat knows how this game is played.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 06:06:24 pm »
Who needs to be fired is the idiot(s) who rammed through the travel ban without thinking through the political and judicial ramifications.   Trump has spent his first three weeks picking unnecessary fights,  creating unneeded enemies, and otherwise making unforced errors that have drained his political capital.   

Whoever's advising Trump and making him look like a fool needs to go, and pronto.

Steve Bannon, I'm looking at you.

Trump can't fire himself. He's the one behind the chaos, it's what he thrives on.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 06:09:01 pm »

In the course of my duties as the incoming National Security Advisor, I held numerous phone calls with foreign counterparts, ministers, and ambassadors. These calls were to facilitate a smooth transition and begin to build the necessary relationships between the President, his advisors and foreign leaders. Such calls are standard practice in any transition of this magnitude.

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador.

He did not lie to the VP, he did not discuss lifting sanctions, he had a general discussion on how to improve relations with Russia, the Russian Ambassador brought up sanctions. This is a political hit job. Stop believing the Washington Post or any media source that relies on the Washington Post.

This is a frontal assault on the administration of President Trump by the uniparty and their allies.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:11:22 pm by jpsb »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 06:14:41 pm »
In the course of my duties as the incoming National Security Advisor, I held numerous phone calls with foreign counterparts, ministers, and ambassadors. These calls were to facilitate a smooth transition and begin to build the necessary relationships between the President, his advisors and foreign leaders. Such calls are standard practice in any transition of this magnitude.

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador.

He did not lie to the VP, he did not discuss lifting sanctions, he had a general discussion on how to improve relations with Russia, the Russian Ambassador brought up sanctions. This is a political hit job. Stop believing the Washington Post or any media source that relies on the Washington Post.

This is a frontal assault on the administration of President Trump by the uniparty and their allies.

He should have just said he was clarifying that he would have more 'flexibility' after the inauguration.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »

What you're ignoring @jpsb is that Flynn "inadvertently .... with incomplete information regarding my phone calls ...." was done in the middle of battle.  He's a general for God's sake. 

This wasn't a casual conversation on sunny day in June at the beach.  If he doesn't know the importance of full information about what the enemy will use, how the heck did he reach his rank?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 06:28:47 pm »
What you're ignoring @jpsb is that Flynn "inadvertently .... with incomplete information regarding my phone calls ...." was done in the middle of battle.  He's a general for God's sake. 

This wasn't a casual conversation on sunny day in June at the beach.  If he doesn't know the importance of full information about what the enemy will use, how the heck did he reach his rank?

Thank you.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jpsb

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 06:38:43 pm »

This is a frontal assault on the administration of President Trump by the deep state and their allies. Now Republicans a calling for an investigation into Trump, Flynn and Russia. The Globalist are making there move to get rid of Trump. As I have been saying for weeks this is a coordinated coup attempt.

http://ktla.com/2017/02/14/gop-senators-call-for-investigation-into-ties-between-trump-and-russia-want-flynn-to-testify/

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 06:44:19 pm »

This is a frontal assault on the administration of President Trump by the deep state and their allies. Now Republicans a calling for an investigation into Trump, Flynn and Russia. The Globalist are making there move to get rid of Trump. As I have been saying for weeks this is a coordinated coup attempt.

http://ktla.com/2017/02/14/gop-senators-call-for-investigation-into-ties-between-trump-and-russia-want-flynn-to-testify/

@jpsb

Even Spicer is saying that firing Flynn was a 'matter of trust' and if what you are saying is true Trump buckled to pressure from all the goblins out there, not a 'positive' character trait.

You should stop digging

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:20 pm »
@jpsb

Even Spicer is saying that firing Flynn was a 'matter of trust' and if what you are saying is true Trump buckled to pressure from all the goblins out there, not a 'positive' character trait.

You should stop digging

I'm not digging, and you are right Trump caved to the media, not good, now there is blood in the water and you can bet your last dollar the wolves will be going after Trump himself now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:49:08 pm by jpsb »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »
I'm not digging, and you are right Trump caved to the media, not good, now there is blood in the water and you can bet your last dollar the wolves will be going after Trump himself now.

Have you seen the suggested replacement for Flynn? It should encourage you a great deal.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 06:55:25 pm »
Have you seen the suggested replacement for Flynn? It should encourage you a great deal.

I don't know anything about The Vice Admiral but I was not happy to see the neocon Patraus(sp) in the running.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 06:59:43 pm »
I don't know anything about The Vice Admiral but I was not happy to see the neocon Patraus(sp) in the running.

Take a quick look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Harward

Ex- navy SEAL, deputy commander of CENTCOM under Mattis (who never kept REMF's around), Joint interagency task force.

The guy is SOLID.  :laugh:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 07:02:29 pm »
Take a quick look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Harward

Ex- navy SEAL, deputy commander of CENTCOM under Mattis (who never kept REMF's around), Joint interagency task force.

The guy is SOLID.  :laugh:

Good I hope he gets the nod.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »

As I understand it, Flynn lied to Pence and did other questionable things.  I watched Sean's presser this morning and the bottom line is that without saying he did anything illegal or traitorous, he has lost the trust of the Trump administration and needed to go.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 08:17:03 pm »
Your fired!!!  Get used to it.  Common practice with our narcissist president.  Especially when Trumps policies don't make him look great.  Someone will have to leave.

I am totally fed up with conservatives attacking Trump.  We had our chance during the nomination process and we couldn't pull it off.

I am so glad that Trump won instead of Hillary.  He still has a lot of despicable personal traits but, right now, that's for the liberals to attack.

We're doing the country no good by dissing Trump now. If he does something that negatively affects the country, I will join in.  But not now.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 08:18:27 pm »
He did not deny any such contacts had happened. The author is exactly correct. This is a second high level official assassinated by a fake news story.  Monica Crowley got canned over the bogus claim that she was a serial plagiarist.

The lefts game plain is to fabricate enough fake news to make it safe to go after Trump. The deep state likes things just the way they are and will tolerate no real curbs on how it runs the country. Conservatives better wake up and fast or the uniparty will be back in charge screwing the American people 24/7.  Trump should find a spot for Pat Buchanan in his admin. Pat knows how this game is played.

You are so right.  Why are we helping the left??

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 08:20:45 pm »
You are so right.  Why are we helping the left??

Who's helping the left?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 08:22:39 pm »

Who's helping the left?

A lot of people here are perfectly willing to attack Trump on the most petty matters as well as those that are subject to interpretation.

That is helping the left and I see you gleefully joining in.