Author Topic: In a meeting with 10 senators, Trump claimed voter fraud in New Hampshire and referred to Warren as “Pocahontas”  (Read 9275 times)

Offline jpsb

@Hondo69

I can answer at least part of your question.

It's the lack of libraries.

Not the physical buildings so much, but trained librarians - people expert in the arcane art of sorting, cataloguing, and then finding information.

@EC @Hondo69

Restricting my answer to the English speaking world.

Computers are pretty good a processing documents. The more technical the document the better a computer can process it. I was heavily involved in first generation "natural language processing" back in my NASA days. The basic idea is simply.

If two documents discuss the same subject they probably use a lot of the same words. 

Now back in the days of 400 meg hard drives and less than a meg ram all shared by 5 or 6 other people (HP9000) you had to get clever. I relied on the documents abstract and only processed that. I simply did not have the resources to process the entire document and store the results into a database (Oracle). Today that would not be a problem and that is exactly what google does.

However the quality of your results is better if you only process abstracts. This comment for example will be processed by some google crawler shortly after I post it. Now I might think this is a fine comment but in reality it is worthless junk to anyone looking for information about say nuclear waste. Now that I have used the words nuclear waste if you google for nuclear waste this comment will be included in your results. I'll throw in radioactive decay and I might even make in into the top 50% of the results. LOL.

So EC is largely right. Solely relying on computers gets you a lot of junk that you have to sort thru to find good info. Now gets some trained librarians to put eyes on and then keyword/index it into either Dewey Decimal system or Library of Congress Catalog system  then give it a proper abstract and then process that and now you got yourself a document searching system that has precision.

How ever the costs of such a system will be vastly more. Precision does not come cheap. If anyone is interested for a few bucks I will be happy to build the software (indexing and searching) for such a system.

I will said I am impressed by google image search. There document search not so much.

Offline jpsb

The irony is a site, named GOP with a picture of Reagan, yet being obsessed with an "anti-Trump" agenda.

Popcorn time. lol

Offline jpsb

Whether there was enough fraud to change the popular vote is questionable.

Voter fraud elected Senator Al Franken, Allen West lost he seat in the House to voter fraud. It's time to take a real look at just who is voting in our elections and how many times are they voting.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Popcorn time. lol
@truth_seeker

I view people on this forum not so much as anti-trump but as having a bunch of people who don't like being slapped in the face--repeatedly.

You gonna share that popcorn, jpsb?

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jpsb

@truth_seeker

I view people on this forum not so much as anti-trump but as having a bunch of people who don't like being slapped in the face--repeatedly.

You gonna share that popcorn, jpsb?

Sure, I'll even give you a beer to go with it. :)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Sure, I'll even give you a beer to go with it. :)

Thanks! Since I love beer on my cornflakes beer on my popcorn is the same thing, right?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

Then Orange Baboon boy needs to STFU and wait for some results.......if any are actually coming.
@Cripplecreek

Cripple, I read or heard a few days ago that Pence has put off investigating voter fraud.

Offline Rivergirl

DT saves his most vile insults for republicans.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Voter fraud elected Senator Al Franken, Allen West lost he seat in the House to voter fraud. It's time to take a real look at just who is voting in our elections and how many times are they voting.

I cannot even imagine the type of voter who would vote for Al Franken.

Easier to prove fraud in smaller districts.

We know there is voter fraud and it may well have contributed to Hillary's popular vote win.

That being said, I think Trump should back off of this in his public remarks and tweets and leave it to his staff.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

It wasn't an insult.  Warren is a lying bigoted fake Indian and white privileged appropriator of a minority culture.  She deserves to be verbally flayed.

Well said.  Need to get after her
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Curt Shilling, the great pitcher, is seriously considering going after her seat. He refers to her as "Lie-a-watha". So Trump is being nicer by only calling her Pocahontas

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/07/curt-schilling-elizabeth-warren-represents-everything-we-hate-about-politics

@jpsb

I hope he does, and that he beats her.  There's something about that woman's shrill, plaintive, petulant, high-pitched thin screech that makes me want to break things.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The FEC Commissioner is now demanding Trump turn over his evidence due to the seriousness of his charge.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,248919.0.html