Author Topic: The Travel Moratorium: A Hopeless Disaster  (Read 625 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The Travel Moratorium: A Hopeless Disaster
« on: February 11, 2017, 12:27:56 am »
It was a bad idea to begin with, and its implementation has been even worse.[/size]Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444765/travel-ban-incompetent-distraction?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=krauthammer

Offline beandog

Re: The Travel Moratorium: A Hopeless Disaster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 12:38:57 am »
It's only a disaster because the Courts made it a disaster.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:40:02 am »

No it was pretty much a disaster. A legal disaster to many though (including me).

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 12:41:42 am »

Yup. It was 100%constitutional. Just leftsts that don't know how to read complaining. Or leftists who can't read. Or leftists that oppose constitutional authority. Because the executive has all the authority and the courts, none in this matter. I notice a pattern here.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 12:44:43 am »
Its what happens when you put a simpleton in the white house.

Sounds like Sessions is already having a positive effect though.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 01:27:07 am »

No it was pretty much a disaster. A legal disaster to many though (including me).

Its not a disaster whatsoever. This is what it looks like to fight back against the entrenched liberal establishment...of which the 9th circuit is an emblematic component.

Did you expect reason to prevail without hysterics from the Left? They have spent 8 years setting aside the constitution and the rule of law...in large part by stuffing the District Courts with judges who put radical ideology above both.

Do you think rational coherent changes in immigration policy...even one so mild as a temporary ban on immigration from radical ISIS hotbeds while we examine better methods for vetting...would be established with no resistance? Worse, you seem to think its not even a good idea to try...a thought process akin to simple acceptance of a grossly unacceptable status quo.

Should we be waiting for the GOP "establishment" to take on the liberal madness that has been derailing the nation? Don't hold your breath, they have perpetually punted on offering ANY real resistance. Finally, we have someone with the guts to actually fight back against the madness that has been consuming the nation for...well...a good 24 years to be honest....and you can't wait to undermine, diminish and abandon the man in mid fight. Sad, really...bordering on self destructive.

You have every right to your views, of course, but what you are doing is quite simply furthering a march towards total Left Wing rule of this nation. My guess is that you are doing so in blind ignorance with a touch of "my guy" lost the primary race resentment, rather than willful sabotage...but the effect is ultimately the same. You are become, albeit unwillingly, a tool and a boon to all things radical Left....all the more effectively because you are not yourself part of that group.

The situation is this, we finally have a president willing to fight against that Leftist tsunami...and a reluctant but marginally cooperative congress he can drag along towards redemption...and all you folks can do is nitpick that he's not classy enough, not PC enough, not cultured and restrained enough. Well you are correct, he's none of those things. Thank goodness, because a fight like this calls for a crass, brazen and even rude Churchillian style leader....not the haute coture country club Republican you seem so enamored with. We need a Pit Bull not a French Poodle of the Romney vein.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:28:04 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline beandog

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 01:34:05 am »

And many (including me) don't think it was a disaster until the Court's and Rats made it that way. :shrug:

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:47:13 am »
I have an entirely different take on this.  It seems to me that this is all intentional.  A legal blood letting if you will.  In essence, you have the left that wants to push the concept of the right of travel across international borders.  Now they know that will never fly and they also know that is not current law - either US or International.

So they are trying to gain an "improvement" by trying to get a court to establish the "right" for someone who is already approved (either citizen, legal resident or legal visa holder) as having the "RIGHT" to enter the country.  They are using Trump's ban as an attempt at some legal ju-jitsu and trying to gain a small political move in the direction that they want to go.  You see, once one has the right to enter the country at will and without restriction, then they can keep pushing to incrementally expand that right to cover more and more people.