Author Topic: Fiorina 'certainly looking' at 2018 Virginia Senate run  (Read 878 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fiorina 'certainly looking' at 2018 Virginia Senate run
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:59:16 pm »

Fiorina 'certainly looking' at 2018 Virginia Senate run

By Aidan Quigley

02/08/17 11:05 AM EST

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO and presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is considering challenging Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine in 2018.

"Look, I'm certainly looking at that opportunity," she said on John Fredericks' radio show on Monday, as CNN reported. "It's a little early to be making that decision, we're two weeks into a new administration."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/carly-fiorina-2018-virginia-senate-run-234789
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Fiorina 'certainly looking' at 2018 Virginia Senate run
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:16:39 pm »
I'm hoping she goes for it...she certainly has some name recognition now and I think some experience in the Senate would be a boost for her and Ted when they run in 2020.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:17:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »
I thought she was from California?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »
I thought she was from California?

She was born in TX and she did live in CA, but she currently lives  in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Mason Neck, Virginia.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 07:42:30 pm »
That would be great if she were in the Senate, she really deserves that or some other governmental position, cabinet, etc.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 08:12:15 pm »
Former Hewlett-Packard CEO and presidential candidate Carly Fiorina is considering challenging Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine in 2018.

I'd love for her to win that seat!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:07 pm »
She was born in TX and she did live in CA, but she currently lives  in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Mason Neck, Virginia.

Carpetbagger?

Offline Frandia

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »
I liked her. Good luck to her.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 08:38:23 pm »
Carpetbagger?

No more so than Kaine or Warner.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 08:43:40 pm »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 08:55:04 pm »
I liked her. Good luck to her.

Me too, but nobody noticed how crazy her stance with Russia was during the debates. She sounded like she was ready to attack Russia the day she took office.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »

Me too, but nobody noticed how crazy her stance with Russia was during the debates. She sounded like she was ready to attack Russia the day she took office.

People did take notice. That's why she is running for Senate and not being called Mister President.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
Carpetbagger?

@geronl

I'll take her kind of carpetbagger over the kind that occupies my governor's mansion anytime.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 12:21:43 am »
I'd love for her to win that seat!

If she takes Kaine's seat that would definitely send a very clear message!  I'd love to see it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:02 am »
If Fiorina wins the GOP nomination, then the biggest obstacle she'll face in the general election will be the Virginia Republican Party.  They were instrumental in getting McAuliffe elected.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-