Author Topic: Navy’s Depleted Aircraft Will Take Years to Rebuild After Obama-Era Defense Cuts  (Read 396 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Navy’s Depleted Aircraft Will Take Years to Rebuild After Obama-Era Defense Cuts
Nearly two-thirds of Navy strike fighters unable to fly

BY: Natalie Johnson   
February 7, 2017 5:00 am

The Navy's aircraft arsenal is so depleted it would take several years to rebuild the fleet even if the Trump administration allotted the funding needed to repair inoperable aircraft, according to a policy expert and former Air Force pilot.

John Venable, a senior research fellow for defense policy at the Heritage Foundation, cited a report released Monday that found two-thirds of the Navy's strike fighter jets are unable to fly due to maintenance problems exacerbated by several years of military budget cuts.

more
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/militarys-depleted-aircraft-will-take-years-rebuild-obama-era-defense-cuts/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Standard practice after a Demonrat resident, the only thing they won't spend billions on is the military and border control.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
If they can even get the parts.   Production likes have been cut.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.