Author Topic: The House can start impeachment against Trump now  (Read 1727 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The House can start impeachment against Trump now
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:31:52 pm »
The House can start impeachment against Trump now
By Norman Solomon, opinion contributor - 02/06/17 11:21 AM EST

Much of the public is eager for the impeachment of President Trump. A poll last week found that 40 percent of Americans already “support” impeaching him, and the same survey — by highly regarded Public Policy Polling — found that another 12 percent are “not sure.”

From the outset of his presidency, Trump has been violating the U.S. Constitution in a way that we have not seen before and should not tolerate. It’s time for members of Congress to get the impeachment process underway.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/318045-the-house-can-start-impeachment-against-trump-now

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=247970.new#new
Pelosi: No grounds for impeaching Trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline beandog

Re: The House can start impeachment against Trump now
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:35:44 pm »
What an idiot.  First of all there is no highly regarded polling company left.  Second, President the Donald has done absolutely nothing to be impeached for.  Congress is going to impeach him about the same time the military overthrows him, which is never. :facepalm2:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:38:57 pm »
There was a move to impeach Trump even before he took office.  These people are nutzo. 

Just what would be the grounds for impeachment?  As far as I know, not liking the president is not sufficient cause for impeachment. 

As everyone here knows, I don't like Trump as president, but just as with Obama (I didn't like him either), I've accepted his election.  I'm not going to run around protesting and coming up with such lunacy as pushing for impeachment. 

These people need something to occupy their time.  Basket weaving maybe?

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »
These people have lost what little was left of their lib addled brains.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 08:47:57 pm »
Trump has been violating the U.S. Constitution in a way that we have not seen before and should not tolerate

ROFLOL!  This is coming from OBAMA supporters??   :silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 08:51:15 pm »
I still stand by my prediction that he'll be impeached in less than 2 years.  He'll do something to get it all started.....

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:53:41 pm »
Pass The Popcorn.

The Foreign Emoluments Clause says: “[N]o Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under [the United States], shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.”

Saudi Arabia Has Funded 20% of Hillary's Presidential Campaign, Saudi Prince Claims

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims

All The Countries That 'Interfered' In The Election, For Hillary Clinton

http://www.weaselzippers.us/313039-all-the-countries-that-interfered-in-the-election-for-hillary-clinton/
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 08:56:27 pm »
I still stand by my prediction that he'll be impeached in less than 2 years.  He'll do something to get it all started.....

He may very well be, but there have to be grounds.  These idiots are still mad their old gal didn't get the job.  Of course, many of these actions are being directed and highly organized by anarchist groups advocating overthrow of the government.  And they have plenty of commie indoctrinated, addle-brained young people who are willing participants.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 09:00:29 pm »
As long as Repub's control the House it will never happen.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 09:01:24 pm »
From the outset of his presidency, Trump has been violating the U.S. Constitution in a way that we have not seen before and should not tolerate. It’s time for members of Congress to get the impeachment process underway.

Only in a world where Unicorns crap Skittles and Healing White light cures cancer is this true.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 09:14:00 pm »
@mystery-ak
@mrpotatohead

You are correct.  If one reads the article, the reason for impeachment at this time, is, he has not removed himself legally from his company as required of a president and is receiving benefits from foreign countries with which he does business.  The Republicans will let this slide, but in my opinion, he will do something against the law so flagrantly egregious, they have to impeach.  (Or, he will have a mental breakdown or a physical breakdown as in heart attack/stroke.)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:16:10 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
I don't think he will, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't decide he just doesn't want to do it anymore. President Pence sounds pretty good to me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:17:40 pm »
These people have lost what little was left of their lib addled brains.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 09:19:37 pm »
You are correct.  If one reads the article, the reason for impeachment at this time, is, he has not removed himself legally from his company as required of a president and is receiving benefits from foreign countries with which he does business.  The Republicans will let this slide, but in my opinion, he will do something against the law so flagrantly egregious, they have to impeach.

I'm guessing you've got your fingers crossed on both hands hoping to be right.  888blackhat

@Victoria33   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »
As long as Repub's control the House it will never happen.

Republicans are not like the Rats that way, they don't blindly follow their leader.  If Trump does something illegal there will be a "Goldwater trip to the White House" to give him the skinny.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:52 pm »

Like starting a war with china over uninhabited islands?

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 09:32:25 pm »

That will never happen.  Take it to the bank.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 09:44:15 pm »

They're inhabited now... with Chinese troops and engineers building military installations.

Think Japan 1930's - without all the invasions and brutality - thus far.

But taking over the South China Sea and controlling all commerce the flows through it is certainly a strategy that will affect us dearly in the negative in the near future.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Idiot

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 02:39:12 am »
Yeah when he started in on that my first thought was OH CRAP....don't start a friggen war with the Chinese. 

Walk softly and carry a big stick.  He needs to tone it down big time....he doesn't know how to walk softly.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 02:42:06 am »
The reason I think it WILL happen is this.  The democrats HATE Trump, with a passion.  The republicans wake up each and every day with a finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.  They have ZILCH invested in Trump and really don't care for him.  It will happen....mark my words.....    This is not to say I want it to happen, which I certainly don't.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 03:16:21 am »
Give us an idea about your track record with "predictions."

--Did you predict he would win the nomination?

--Did you predict he would win the election?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 06:35:09 am »
From the outset of his presidency, Trump has been violating the U.S. Constitution in a way that we have not seen before and should not tolerate.

Exactly which part of the Constitution is Trump violating?  This is funny coming from the same liberals who show nothing but contempt for our Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-