Author Topic: He travels around the country with a simple sign that reads: “I’m a Muslim and a U.S. Marine. Ask anything.”  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Suppressed

Seen the numbers for how many of them support full Sharia?

Yup. Surprisingly low in many places, as low as only 8% of Muslims in central Asia, for example.

I have yet to see a christian blow up a school bus because someone gathered wood wrong. ... Islam never did. ...

Look back upthread... The issue in question was whether holy texts matter after such reformations.

That's a different point from the one about lies.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:58:29 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yup. Surprisingly low in many places, as low as only 8% of Muslims in central Asia, for example.

Look back upthread... The issue in question was whether holy texts matter after such reformations.

That's a different point from the one about lies.

And surprisingly high in others like Europe where I have seen north of 50% reported depending on area.

Well as Christians arent stoning people or holding inquisitions, I'd say that for us, it matters.

For Muslims, whose Imams preach unwavering fidelity to each and every word of the Koran under penalty of death, I think you would play hell ever having a reformation to begin with. So ultimately, my points stand.

Offline Norm Lenhart

You, @Norm Lenhart , judge Muslims by their religion... *NOT* by their actions.

And yet you cry that it's ludicrous to just Christians *BY THEIR RELIGION*... that they should be judged by their actions.

All the while crying that anyone that points the double-standard out is a SJW, a snowflake. 

The reverse is more accurate, as it looks very much like you cannot tolerate anyone actually showing you the flaw in your analysis.

Probably because there isn't a flaw in my analysis. I will however note that you, nor no one else will explain how it is that I or anyone is supposed to judge people whose founding book, the guide of every action they take under penalty of death, are to be trusted in any capacity when that book tells them, under penalty of death, to lie to the infidel.

Until you take it upon yourself to address that core fact, then none of your apologetics really hold any water.

HonestJohn

Probably because there isn't a flaw in my analysis. I will however note that you, nor no one else will explain how it is that I or anyone is supposed to judge people whose founding book, the guide of every action they take under penalty of death, are to be trusted in any capacity when that book tells them, under penalty of death, to lie to the infidel.

Until you take it upon yourself to address that core fact, then none of your apologetics really hold any water.

Your post I responded to:

Seen the numbers for how many of them support full Sharia?

I have yet to see a christian blow up a school bus because someone gathered wood wrong. That is pathetically absurd to excuse the reality of the situation by equating Islam with Christianity. Christianity underwent a reformation a long, long time ago. Islam never did. Thus the abundance of body parts in the air on any given day.

PS: How do you tell a good muslim from a bad muslim when the book they both hold to tells them that Allah commands they lie to the infidel for advantage? How do you KNOW you arent being lied to?

How?

Nowhere does Christianity, Judiasm, Hinduism, Bhuddhism or the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (and his noodly appendage) tell anyone to lie to anyone to gain advantage/grow in power. Just Islam.

At first, you speak of Christians, asking us to judge based on a Christian's actions.  Does a Christian blow himself up when someone chops wood wrong?  No.  Thus proof that Christianity is okay, because of the actions of the followers.

But at the end, you judge Muslims for what is in their book.  Only Islam (the faith, not a person or people) tells it's followers to lie.

That's a double standard.  And you can't even see it right in front of you.

---

Furthermore, you get very personal with your attacks when anyone points it out.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:33:24 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

At first, you speak of Christians, asking us to judge based on a Christian's actions.  Does a Christian blow himself up when someone chops wood wrong?  No.  Thus proof that Christianity is okay, because of the actions of the followers.

But at the end, you judge Muslims for what is in their book.  Only Islam (the faith, not a person or people) tells it's followers to lie.

Do you see Muslims marching anywhere to STOP terrorism or going into SILENT HIDING after every terror incident? Answer? Silent Hiding.

Thats an action.

Do you see muslims speaking out or going doormouse quiet about tossing gays off roofs?

Answer? Silent.

Thats an action.

Now are you ever going to address my point above?

Offline DiogenesLamp

Beware on your weekend camping trips, you don't gather firewood on the wrong day...

"32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses."

--Numbers 15:32-36 (KJV)

But the point is:
Not all Muslims take everything literally and explicitly, just like not all Christians do.

Well first of all,  that's Old Testament,  not New Testament.   The New Testament teaches against stoning people,   and it is regarded by Christians as "The Revised Edition"  of the Old Testament.   

The Muslims have something similar,   but reverse to this.   All the parts about being kind and merciful and peaceful are in the first part of the Koran.   All the stuff about killing infidels and destroying and murdering are in the later part of the Koran.   

When they want to sell Islam as a religion of peace they point out the earlier versus,   but Islamic clerics constantly teach that the later verses override the earlier verses.   

One more thing.   There are certain religious kooks in the Christian religion that do believe in all the fire and death stuff,   but among Christianity,   they are a tiny minority and considered an aberration.   

For the Muslims,   they are a significant plurality and are more or less mainstream in some Islamic countries. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

And nor all Muslims do.

But the peaceful silent majority won't stop the violent vocal minority from forcing it on everyone when they get sufficient numbers to make it happen.   

They reluctantly go along with it because to oppose it will get them killed for being a heretic. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The reverse is more accurate, as it looks very much like you cannot tolerate anyone actually showing you the flaw in your analysis.

Well shouldn't someone do that before we decide whether or not he can tolerate it?    I have yet to see what I regard as a viable argument  from any of you about not judging Muslims on their religion.   

You do remember they killed a 100 million people in the 16th century?    They killed 2.4 million only so long ago as 1971.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

---

Furthermore, you get very personal with your attacks when anyone points it out.

100 million people murdered.   More bloodthirsty than even the communists.   Would you judge the communists by their writings and their record?    If you won't,  then you are a fool. 

If you will judge communists by their writings and their record,  why would you not do the same for a group with an even worse record?

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

They aren't silent.  You just refuse to see them protest against terrorism.

Me and the rest of western civilization.

Offline DiogenesLamp

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline SirLinksALot

RE: ASK ANYTHING

OK Here's one --- Is it okay for Muslims to have sex with little girls like the "perfect man" your prophet Mohammed did?

Here's another --Do you believe that anyone leaving the Muslim faith ought to be killed?

And another -- Should Sharia law be part of American Law? Should it be held higher than the constitution?

What should happen to anyone who draws a picture of Mohammed?

What should happen to anyone who defiles the Koran?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:50:29 pm by SirLinksALot »