Author Topic: State lawmaker proposes race-based judicial selections  (Read 1061 times)

rangerrebew

State lawmaker proposes race-based judicial selections
« on: February 04, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »
If judge now is 'person of color,' replacement must be 'person of color'
Published: 12 hours ago

A bill submitted to the Rhode Island legislature by Rep. Anastasia P. Williams, a Democrat, would impose a race qualification on future judicial nominations in the state.

It’s already drawing reaction from experts who believe it won’t be allowed.

UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh quoted from Williams’ plan.

Williams proposes that whenever a trial judge “who is a person of color leaves the bench, for whatever reason, their replacement must be a person of color, so as not to diminish the number of judges of color in that court.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/state-lawmaker-proposes-race-based-judicial-selections/#1l4FACg2tU0vJlc6.99

rangerrebew

Re: State lawmaker proposes race-based judicial selections
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 01:11:03 pm »
Qualifications be damned, skin color is the true measure of a person. :whistle:

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:11:52 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 01:14:36 pm »
If judge now is 'person of color,' replacement must be 'person of color'
Published: 12 hours ago

A bill submitted to the Rhode Island legislature by Rep. Anastasia P. Williams, a Democrat, would impose a race qualification on future judicial nominations in the state.

It’s already drawing reaction from experts who believe it won’t be allowed.

UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh quoted from Williams’ plan.

Williams proposes that whenever a trial judge “who is a person of color leaves the bench, for whatever reason, their replacement must be a person of color, so as not to diminish the number of judges of color in that court.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/state-lawmaker-proposes-race-based-judicial-selections/#1l4FACg2tU0vJlc6.99

I'm pretty sure that's totally unconstitutional.  Though I'm not surprised that a Democrat either wouldn't know that or wouldn't care.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 04:58:46 pm »
Perhaps, since the legislator seems to wish for a society in which everyone is judged by the color of their skin, rather than the content of their character (or their legal resume in this case), she should add a clause to the bill revoking Rhode Island's recognition of Martin Luther King Day.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »
Why is Rhode Island still allowed to pretend to be a state? Come on, it's a county.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 05:50:53 pm »
Why is Rhode Island still allowed to pretend to be a state? Come on, it's a county.
It's more like a Democrat theme park.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 05:56:29 pm »
Every time I see a story like this, with a dem calling for segregation (which this is), I am reminded how easy it would be for their political opponents to simply make the commercial and run it. Title it "The party pf Segregation" and let their own words condemn them.

But no. They don't really have political opponents. Just fellow travelers under a different banner.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 02:43:48 am »
This is just Dems going full bore towards identity politics. They think the same of the SC....they believe there is a "female" seat on the SC, and when one female, liberal activist SC judge dies, she has to be replaced by another liberal, female, activist judge. Liberals are continually proving themselves insane.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 02:59:55 am »
This is just Dems going full bore towards identity politics. They think the same of the SC....they believe there is a "female" seat on the SC, and when one female, liberal activist SC judge dies, she has to be replaced by another liberal, female, activist judge. Liberals are continually proving themselves insane.

I'm starting to think they are the sane ones. They understand they have to fight for what they want and never move an inch.

So called conservatives on the other hand will give anything up to appease them. Abortion? No problem, we'll only kill some babies and to make up for the others, we promise to obstruct anyone that stops you from selling the leftover pieces! Islam? No problem! We'll join you in the fight to stop the genocidal bigots in America who stupidly want their country as it should be.

Sharia? Well, Not all muslims want that so we can just be accommodating and let them have religion in school but no other faith can so as to not upset their culture!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 03:40:15 am »
Photo of Lincoln: "Democrats haven't been this mad, since we took their slaves away."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 02:42:49 pm »
If someone had told this lawmaker that a black teacher couldn't teach a white student, he would most likely have jumped up and down, screaming and yelling about white racism.
But since it's a case of black students being taught by white teachers, according to the stupid person that changes things.
I'm always amazed at the incredible hypocrisy of liberals.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 02:58:52 pm »
Anastasia Williams to M.L. King, Jr.: Ah, shut up, you old fuddy duddy.
And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 07:33:10 pm »
Hell why stop there, why not demand that judges only be allowed to preside over cases in which the parties are of the same race as them? All cases involving participants of different races to be decided by armed combat.