Author Topic: DNC Expels Chairman Candidate From Race for ‘Disgusting’ Criticism of Islam  (Read 13632 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So, cutting to the chase, it really doesn't matter what anyone else says, how many reasoned arguments are presented, and how many facts that counter what you say, it just doesn't matter to you.  You're going to believe what you want to believe in spite of all the evidence and testimony presented.  That's fine - as long as I know that, I know there's absolutely no reason to respond to your posts except to clarify issues and correct misstatements for others or for the record.

Why don't you just place me on ignore?   I am sick and tired of post after post engaging in name-calling and character assassination rather than responding to the substance of what I'm trying to say.

Islam is not monolithic.  Most Muslims are peaceable.

Islam and Islamofascism are not the same thing.

Most of Islamofascism's victims have been Muslim.

I will not indulge in bigotry by condemning a man for his faith without reference to a man's actual words and deeds.   

There are no "reasoned" arguments for addressing Islamofascism by inciting a religious war against all Muslims.  Indeed, what you appear to advocate isn't reasoned, it's motherflippin' madness.   
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:21:59 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

Why don't you just place me on ignore?   I am sick and tired of post after post engaging in name-calling and character assassination rather than responding to the substance of my posts.

Islam is not monolithic.  Most Muslims are peaceable.

Islam and Islamofascism are not the same thing.

I will not indulge in bigotry by condemning a man for his faith without reference to a man's actual words and deeds.   

There are no "reasoned" arguments for addressing Islamofascism by inciting a religious war against all Muslims.  Indeed, what you appear to advocate isn't reasoned, it's motherflippin' madness.   

Actually Islam is by definition, monolithic. "There is no god but Allah and Muhammed is his prophet"

It is not bigotry to take Islam at it's word: The Koran.

Perhaps it is YOU that should put those you call Bigots on ignore. We arent going anywhere either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SP,  I understand the reality that while not all Muslims (or even a small minority) are terrorists,  just about every terrorist these days is Muslim.

@Jazzhead

You were doing sooo well,and then you stopped short when you failed to recognize that even though the majority of Muslims are terrorists any more than the majority of Americans are infantry soldiers in the US Army,the majority of Mulims support the terrorists,just like the majority of Americans support the US Army.

Muslim terrorists seem to understand this just fine,which is why they target unarmed American civilians instead of trying to take their fight to to US Army infantry units.

(I tend to use the term Islamofascists; both to distinguish the terrorists from peaceable Muslims

For all practical purposes,there ain't no such critter as a peaceable Muslim. They are either all terrorists,or support the terrorists. Yes,I know there are a FEW,but so few the are irrelevant. If they were serious about squashing fundie Islam,they would have remained where they were spawned,and fought against radical Islam in their home nations. They didn't,so now it is up to US to do their fighting for them,while they remain in America and continue to come to America for the comparatively easy living and easy money. They are NOT here because they want to be Americans.

and to make clear that, contrary to Obama's view,  such terrorism derives directly from their crackpot interpretation of the Koran.   

Why don't you try to explain that to the Sauds?

The bottom line is that we must win the war against Islamofascism,  and IMO it will be impossible to do so if we brand all Muslims with the Dark Mark.

In MY opinion,we damn sure ain't going to win the war by playing kissy-face with the bastards while allowing their cousins to come here and get minority and refugee loans and tax breaks so they can rapidly become middle-class wage earners here and spend money building mosques and buying political power.

There may be 100,000 Islamofascists, but there are 1.5 billion Muslims.

Cool! IF what you are claiming is true,then it shouldn't take much more than a week for the 1.5 billion Muslims to kill the 100k fundies. IF they are as you claim,WHY aren't THEY killing off the fundies?

The Islamofascists recruit by claiming the West is at war with Islam. 

No,they recruit by saying the west is corrupt and evil,and it is their duty as faithful Muslims to kill the infidels.

We need to short-circuit that appeal by making clear that our beef is the terrorists and the terrorists alone.

That's true,but the terrorists are easy to identify. They are Muslims.

We need to recruit as many Muslims as possible to oppose the Islamofascists (Muslims, let's not forget, are the Islamofascists' primary victims); and one way to help us do that is to not fall into the trap of easy bigotry towards the third great Abrahamic religion.

What is YOUR favorite aspects of the Great Abrahamic Religion?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Norm Lenhart

Yes,I know there are a FEW,but so few the are irrelevant.

Actually no. Any Muslim not in total adherence to the Koran is an Apostate and thus, by definition, not a Muslim at all. Which is the Muslim view and the Muslim doctrine as clearly stated in the Koran and preached endlessly by Imams and mullahs the world over. And that's not me, a vile bigot saying it. that's their leaders and fellow muslims saying it.

So when it comes down to some random white guy in America that tells us that is wrong, I'll take it on faith that Muslims know far better on the subject.

Offline DiogenesLamp

SP,  I understand the reality that while not all Muslims (or even a small minority) are terrorists,  just about every terrorist these days is Muslim.  (I tend to use the term Islamofascists; both to distinguish the terrorists from peaceable Muslims and to make clear that, contrary to Obama's view,  such terrorism derives directly from their crackpot interpretation of the Koran.   

The bottom line is that we must win the war against Islamofascism,  and IMO it will be impossible to do so if we brand all Muslims with the Dark Mark.   There may be 100,000 Islamofascists, but there are 1.5 billion Muslims.  The Islamofascists recruit by claiming the West is at war with Islam.   We need to short-circuit that appeal by making clear that our beef is the terrorists and the terrorists alone.   We need to recruit as many Muslims as possible to oppose the Islamofascists (Muslims, let's not forget, are the Islamofascists' primary victims); and one way to help us do that is to not fall into the trap of easy bigotry towards the third great Abrahamic religion.

Their religion teaches that Infidels (anyone who is not a Muslim)  should be killed or enslaved.   Do you see any nuance in that?   

How do you square that circle? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Maybe recently,  but if you look back a five hundred years,  it appears they have killed 100 million Hindus.     

Actually they have been pretty active in killing large numbers of non Muslims relatively recently too. 

https://hinduspeak.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/in-1971muslims-killed-2-4-million-hindus-and-raped-200000-hindu-women-in-east-pakistanbangladesh/

I have a friend who has a step daughter who was dating this fellow.   She said he was "nice"  and she liked him.   Her step dad pointed out that her boyfriend's older brother had murdered a girl in a case which was famous in our area.   He then pointed out that his other older brother had murdered a man and set his house on fire.    He told her that since the guy had two brothers who had murdered people,   did she really think it was a good idea to date this guy?   

Maybe he's okay,  but who would want to take the chance? 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Actually Islam is by definition, monolithic. "There is no god but Allah and Muhammed is his prophet"

It is not bigotry to take Islam at it's word: The Koran.

Perhaps it is YOU that should put those you call Bigots on ignore. We arent going anywhere either.

Also unlike the Bible the Koran tells practitioners of Islam how to run banking...conduct Government and so on.

It pretty much controls everything in your life.

Calling it Monolithic was an extremely accurate description.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

SP,  I understand the reality that while not all Muslims (or even a small minority) are terrorists,  just about every terrorist these days is Muslim.  (I tend to use the term Islamofascists; both to distinguish the terrorists from peaceable Muslims and to make clear that, contrary to Obama's view,  such terrorism derives directly from their crackpot interpretation of the Koran.   

The bottom line is that we must win the war against Islamofascism,  and IMO it will be impossible to do so if we brand all Muslims with the Dark Mark.   There may be 100,000 Islamofascists, but there are 1.5 billion Muslims.  The Islamofascists recruit by claiming the West is at war with Islam.   We need to short-circuit that appeal by making clear that our beef is the terrorists and the terrorists alone.   We need to recruit as many Muslims as possible to oppose the Islamofascists (Muslims, let's not forget, are the Islamofascists' primary victims); and one way to help us do that is to not fall into the trap of easy bigotry towards the third great Abrahamic religion.
Until such time as those 'peaceable' Muslims condemn and root out those who are clearly terrorists, then they are tacitly condoning that behavior.  Those are to be rooted out as well as a consequence, even if we need to root out 1.5 billion of them.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Until such time as those 'peaceable' Muslims condemn and root out those who are clearly terrorists, then they are tacitly condoning that behavior.  Those are to be rooted out as well as a consequence, even if we need to root out 1.5 billion of them.

Then send your sons to feed your genocidal slaughter fantasy.   I'd prefer our fighting men focus on the terrorists,  and cultivate relationships with Muslims to partner to defeat the terrorists.   Fight the 100,000, not the 1.5 billion. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually no. Any Muslim not in total adherence to the Koran is an Apostate and thus, by definition, not a Muslim at all. Which is the Muslim view and the Muslim doctrine as clearly stated in the Koran and preached endlessly by Imams and mullahs the world over. And that's not me, a vile bigot saying it. that's their leaders and fellow muslims saying it.

So when it comes down to some random white guy in America that tells us that is wrong, I'll take it on faith that Muslims know far better on the subject.

@Norm Lenhart

Hey,that sounds reasonable. After all,we all know Muslims would never lie to  us,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Their religion teaches that Infidels (anyone who is not a Muslim)  should be killed or enslaved.   Do you see any nuance in that?   

How do you square that circle?

@DiogenesLamp @Jazzhead @Norm Lenhart

I guess it all just depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is,right?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Norm Lenhart

Hey,that sounds reasonable. After all,we all know Muslims would never lie to  us,right?

Except when practicing Taqiyaya of course not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

@Norm Lenhart

Nope. they are all fine upstanding folks. Not genocidal bigots like American white devils.

Offline Norm Lenhart

@DiogenesLamp @Jazzhead @Norm Lenhart

I guess it all just depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is,right?

"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms. After all, what justification is there for a word which is simply the opposite of some other word? A word contains its opposite in itself.

Take "good", for instance. If you have a word like "good", what need is there for a word like "bad"? "Ungood" will do just as well — better, because it's an exact opposite, which the other is not. Or again, if you want a stronger version of "good", what sense is there in having a whole string of vague useless words like "excellent" and "splendid" and all the rest of them?

"Plusgood" covers the meaning, or "doubleplusgood" if you want something stronger still. Of course we use those forms already. but in the final version of Newspeak there'll be nothing else. In the end the whole notion of goodness and badness will be covered by only six words — in reality, only one word. Don't you see the beauty of that, Winston?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Then send your sons to feed your genocidal slaughter fantasy.   I'd prefer our fighting men focus on the terrorists,  and cultivate relationships with Muslims to partner to defeat the terrorists.   Fight the 100,000, not the 1.5 billion.

The question becomes: "What makes you certain the 100,000 is not really 150,000,000 or more ??"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not sure who taught you to do math. But your numbers are extremely off.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/04/myth-tiny-radical-minority/amp/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The question becomes: "What makes you certain the 100,000 is not really 150,000,000 or more ??"

No, the question is how do we keep the 100,000 from becoming 150,000,000 (or more)?   

If we insist on a new crusade against Islam, we'll lose.  If we fight a focused war against the Islamofascists, enlisting (among others) in the cause Muslims who are their victims or potential victims, we can win. 

But easy bigotry against all Muslims creates enemies we don't have to.  But, hey, that's Trump's strategy on a whole host of issues, it appears.     

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
No, the question is how do we keep the 100,000 from becoming 150,000,000 (or more)?   

If we insist on a new crusade against Islam, we'll lose.  If we fight a focused war against the Islamofascists, enlisting (among others) in the cause Muslims who are their victims or potential victims, we can win. 

But easy bigotry against all Muslims creates enemies we don't have to.  But, hey, that's Trump's strategy on a whole host of issues, it appears.   

You really have no idea how the whole Islam thing works do you?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You really have no idea how the whole Islam thing works do you?

Stop that!  :nono: He knows every bit as much about that as he does about our Constitution!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Now sure where the "100,000" myth came from...maybe the same source as the Lancet report a few years ago but who knows... :shrug:

Anyway here's a little dose of reality on what the numbers really are...this is from 2014...so the percentages have grown I feel sure.

France. A new, widely-covered poll shows that a full 16% of French people have positive attitudes toward ISIS. That includes 27% of French between the ages of 18-24. Anne-Elizabeth Moutet of Newsweek wrote, “This is the ideology of young French Muslims from immigrant backgrounds…these are the same people who torch synagogues.”

Britain. In 2006, a poll for the Sunday Telegraph found that 40% of British Muslims wanted shariah law in the United Kingdom, and that 20% backed the 7/7 bombers. Another poll from that year showed that 45% of British Muslims said that 9/11 was an American/Israeli conspiracy; that poll showed that one-quarter of British Muslims believed that the 7/7 bombings were justified.

Palestinian Areas. A poll in 2011 showed that 32% of Palestinians supported the brutal murder of five Israeli family members, including a three-month-old baby. In 2009, a poll showed that 78% of Palestinians had positive or mixed feelings about Osama Bin Laden. A 2013 poll showed 40% of Palestinians supporting suicide bombings and attacks against civilians. 89% favored sharia law. Currently, 89% of Palestinians support terror attacks on Israel.

Pakistan. After the killing of Osama Bin Laden, the Gilani Foundation did a poll of Pakistanis and found that 51% of them grieved for the terrorist mastermind, with 44% of them stating that he was a martyr. In 2009, 26% of Pakistanis approved of attacks on US troops in Iraq. That number was 29% for troops in Afghanistan. Overall, 76% of Pakistanis wanted strict shariah law in every Islamic country.

Morocco. A 2009 poll showed that 68% of Moroccans approved of terrorist attacks on US troops in Iraq; 61% backed attacks on American troops in Afghanistan as of 2006. 76% said they wanted strict sharia law in every Islamic country.

Jordan. 72% of Jordanians backed terror attacks against US troops in Iraq as of 2009. In 2010, the terrorist group Hezbollah had a 55% approval rating; Hamas had a 60% approval rating.

Indonesia: In 2009, a poll demonstrated that 26% of Indonesians approved of attacks on US troops in Iraq; 22% backed attacks on American troops in Afghanistan. 65% said they agreed with Al Qaeda on pushing US troops out of the Middle East. 49% said they supported strict sharia law in every Islamic country. 70% of Indonesians blamed 9/11 on the United States, Israel, someone else, or didn’t know. Just 30% said Al Qaeda was responsible.

Egypt. As of 2009, 87% of Egyptians said they agreed with the goals of Al Qaeda in forcing the US to withdraw forces from the Middle East. 65% said they wanted strict sharia law in every Islamic country. As of that same date, 69% of Egyptians said they had either positive or mixed feelings about Osama Bin Laden. In 2010, 95% of Egyptians said it was good that Islam is playing a major role in politics.

United States. A 2013 poll from Pew showed that 13% of American Muslims said that violence against civilians is often, sometimes or rarely justified to defend Islam. A 2011 poll from Pew showed that 21 percent of Muslims are concerned about extremism among Muslim Americans. 19 percent of American Muslims as of 2011 said they were either favorable toward Al Qaeda or didn’t know.

In short, tens of millions of Muslims all over the world sympathize with the goals or tactics of terrorist groups – or both. That support is stronger outside the West, but it is present even in the West. Islamist extremism is not a passing or fading phenomenon – it is shockingly consistent over time. And the West’s attempts to brush off the ideology of fanaticism has been an overwhelming failure.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/04/myth-tiny-radical-minority/

Wingnut

Stop that!  :nono: He knows every bit as much about that as he does about our Constitution!
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Your problem will be you will never know which they are.  So how would your plan ever eliminate them?

We are fighting a nation without boundaries, and the western world cannot differentiate. Muslims can, hence they must be the ones to locate the trouble or become themselves the target.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:16:21 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Your problem will be you will never know which they are.  So how would your plan ever eliminate them?

We are fighting a nation without boundaries, and the western world cannot differentiate. Muslims can, hence they must be the ones to locate the trouble or become themselves the target.

Another problem that goes along with what you're saying...is the by all appearances normal co worker in the cubicle next to you today could be the one shouting Allah Akbar and shooting up your office tomorrow because they've become radicalized watching video's online.

Offline DiogenesLamp

"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms. After all, what justification is there for a word which is simply the opposite of some other word? A word contains its opposite in itself.

Take "good", for instance. If you have a word like "good", what need is there for a word like "bad"? "Ungood" will do just as well — better, because it's an exact opposite, which the other is not. Or again, if you want a stronger version of "good", what sense is there in having a whole string of vague useless words like "excellent" and "splendid" and all the rest of them?

"Plusgood" covers the meaning, or "doubleplusgood" if you want something stronger still. Of course we use those forms already. but in the final version of Newspeak there'll be nothing else. In the end the whole notion of goodness and badness will be covered by only six words — in reality, only one word. Don't you see the beauty of that, Winston?

Kinda reminds me of the "calendrier révolutionnaire",  also a leftist concoction motivated by similar ideas. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Because after killing 100 million Hindus 500 years ago,  and after killing 2.4 million Hindus back in 1971,   they have got it all out of their system now,  and henceforth they will play well with others.   

Also,  anybody doubting this is a bigot. 

— Lord Melbourne —