Author Topic: Trump Backlash Turns Mexicans Against Nafta  (Read 406 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Trump Backlash Turns Mexicans Against Nafta
« on: February 01, 2017, 01:11:18 am »
The Zocalo, a vast square in the heart of Mexico City, has been a gathering place since the days of the Spanish conquistadors. Walk through it today and you’ll encounter, as expected, intense hatred of Donald Trump.

But what you’ll also find is that Mexicans are just as furious at their own government for letting the U.S. president push their country around. What’s more, many proclaim to be fed up with Nafta. Trump’s pledge to rewrite the trade pact doesn’t go far enough for them. It should be scrapped entirely.

“We will be better off,” said Eduardo Avila, on a break from his job as a driver. He dug into the pocket of his jeans jacket to show off the lapel pin and ribbon he’d just bought, both emblazoned with a suddenly popular slogan: “United For Mexico. Buy Mexican Goods.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-31/outraged-mexicans-to-trump-tear-up-nafta-we-re-sick-of-it-too
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley