Author Topic: Trump To Keep Obama Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Protections In Place  (Read 976 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You can’t please everybody.

And some, because of political ideology, will seek out fault, rather than extend an ounce of grace.

For that very reason, pandering is a bad idea. A better course would be to set good policy and then stand on it.

On Tuesday morning, the Trump administration announced that an Obama executive order protecting LGBTQ persons in the workplace would stand.

“President Donald J. Trump is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community,” said a statement from his press secretary’s office. “President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of LGBTQ rights, just as he was throughout the election.”

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/01/31/trump-keep-obama-executive-order-lgbt-workplace-protections-place/

Offline skeeter

Mistake.

This will alienate his allies and will be duly ignored by his critics.

Offline Cripplecreek

Mistake.

Looks to me like his allies are doing a pretty good job of ignoring it too.

geronl

Mistake.

Trump is the first President who was full-on pro-gay everything before being elected. Even Obama pretended otherwise until after being sworn in.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mistake.

His allies will come up with a way to tell us this is a brilliant move on his part.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I still laugh that it was a game killer for Rudy when he dressed in drag for a fundraiser but they forgot his partner in that...

Offline Cripplecreek

Trump is the first President who was full-on pro-gay everything before being elected. Even Obama pretended otherwise until after being sworn in.

Well he did basically say that "Caitlin" Jenner could use the bathroom with little girls in his buildings any time he likes.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
His allies will come up with a way to tell us this is a brilliant move on his part.

BRILLIANT!

Offline Norm Lenhart

I figured he'd do this so I'm not surprised. Hopefully he won't go beyond it.

Offline kidd

This is one of the reasons I couldn't vote for Trump.

As he is the de facto leader of the Republican party, the Republican party has now become the protectors of gay "rights"...which we've learned is at the expense of religious rights.

Offline Cripplecreek

Re: Trump To Keep Obama Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Protections In Place
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 08:50:52 pm »
This is one of the reasons I couldn't vote for Trump.

As he is the de facto leader of the Republican party, the Republican party has now become the protectors of gay "rights"...which we've learned is at the expense of religious rights.

He said the court's decree was final when it came to gay marriage. In that case the court went out of their way and made law for all Americans in clear violation of the constitution.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump To Keep Obama Executive Order on LGBT Workplace Protections In Place
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 08:53:51 pm »
Nikki Haley said over a year ago; that a new GOP president would respect Same-Sex Marriage in the response to the State of the Union speech from Obama.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nikki-haley-promises-next-republican-president-will-respect-gay-marriage-in