Author Topic: Trump asked for a ‘Muslim ban,’ Giuliani says — and ordered a commission to do it ‘legally’  (Read 5936 times)

Offline endicom

I'm beginning to think Giuliani has creeping dementia.

Gingrichia: a condition affecting Republicans, causing them to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The primary issue, in my opinion, is that the unmitigated hate that the NeverTrump movement has for President Trump is stronger than their love of country, or their fellow countrymen.

They believe that if Americans have to die to hurt Trump, then so be it. That is why they are currently fighting along with the terrorist on this issue. Whatever it takes to damage Trump is fine with them, no matter what it costs.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:48:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This isn't "extreme vetting" it's a blanket ban, by nation, on entry visas correct? Not only that, it was an immediate ban on travel to these countries no matter what their statuses.

Stop being deliberately obtuse, WTF.  This is a temporary ban while extreme vetting measures can be identified and implemented.

Or would you prefer more Americans die?  Seriously.  What the hell bothers you so much about this?  It is not only legal, it has been done by other Presidents.   Is it that it took President Trump's backbone to stand up and protect this nation---is this what has your whole body in a wad?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Stop being deliberately obtuse, WTF.  This is a temporary ban while extreme vetting measures can be identified and implemented.

Or would you prefer more Americans die?  Seriously.  What the hell bothers you so much about this?  It is not only legal, it has been done by other Presidents.   Is it that it took President Trump's backbone to stand up and protect this nation---is this what has your whole body in a wad?

And what about the folks who've already been vetted that got caught up in this?  The ones that legally have their Green Cards?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Ridiculous point. I've never seen a rollout of a policy with worse "optics" than this one. That doesn't equal "I don't care if Americans die". There are plenty of ways that Americans die without involving foreigners.

Ah!  The usual BS from Trump worshipers.  Raise concerns about Trump and suddenly, you are a traitor,,a Trump hater and a jihadi lover. 

You questioned the legality of the President's actions.  I simply assured that they are.  Got it?  @Applewood

BTW--it would be refreshing if perpetually bitter snowflakes could manage to care more about the safety of the American people and less about their hurt feelings and the compulsion to prove their hatred is justified --- just one damn time.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nope.  It is THE point.   22222frying pan

And what about the folks who've already been vetted that got caught up in this?  The ones that legally have their Green Cards?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline beandog

Oh no, some green card holders were temporarily inconvienced.  How dare President the Donald do that. 11513

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh no, some green card holders were temporarily inconvienced.  How dare President the Donald do that. 11513

Sarcasm aside...why is this ok?  How is this any different than punishing people who legally applied to be citizens here...but got sent to the back of the proverbial bus when Obama let all the DREAMERS in ahead of them?

Real easy to be flippant like you are when it doesn't affect you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have, unfortunately, come to the conclusion that there are certain people around here that don't care if American lives are protected.  They are more concerned about harming President the Donald.  Before the election I stupidly thought this was because they were conservatives that honestly did not believe President the Donald would do the right things when he became president.  I have since changed my opinion.  When you find yourself siding with the liberal press, hollywood and any demonrat, you can know longer consider yourself a conservative.

Anyone who claims they are just "holding his feet to the fire" is lying.  They want him to fail so they can say "we told you so".  This is about their own egos, not President the Donald's. **nononono*

@beandog

BINGO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

• Technical
I guess we need to roll out the Franklin quote about safety and security?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The primary issue, in my opinion, is that the unmitigated hate that the NeverTrump movement has for President Trump is stronger than their love of country, or their fellow countrymen.

They believe that if Americans have to die to hurt Trump, then so be it. That is why they are currently fighting along with the terrorist on this issue. Whatever it takes to damage Trump is fine with them, no matter what it costs.

Said it in the Summer of 2015.    They're nothing but forum anarchists/terrorists.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

You questioned the legality of the President's actions.  I simply assured that they are.  Got it?  @Applewood

BTW--it would be refreshing if perpetually bitter snowflakes could manage to care more about the safety of the American people and less about their hurt feelings and the compulsion to prove their hatred is justified --- just one damn time.

No, you didn't just assure me the EO was legal.  You had to make ridiculous, unfounded accusations against me and anyone ese who doesn't agree with this EO. 

Next time, pay attention.  I said earlier we do need reform of  our immigration system.  This EO is just not the way to go.  Where do you see treason, hatred of Trump, bitterness and/or love of jihadis in those statements?

• Technical
Said it in the Summer of 2015.    They're nothing but forum anarchists/terrorists.

:boring:

Offline musiclady

Yup. Note that the 'virtue bugling' is always about the bugler and the bugler's righteous self-image. The rest of the world deserves to go to hell for not obeying the bugler.

Fascinating, but failing, attempt to besmirch the motives and ethics of those who continue to believe that integrity is an important criterion for leadership.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Why should he be able to do that?

Please explain without snarky insults.

Thanks.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Silver Pines

Gingrichia: a condition affecting Republicans, causing them to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

@endicom

There ought to be a pill for that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And on the flip side of that coin...the same is said about you and others by TBR members as well.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And on the flip side of that coin...the same is said about you and others by TBR members as well.

There's no 'flip side' to that coin.

A few NeverTrumps on this forum are clearly insane.   And your need to constantly defend them because of your bias is quite laughable.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

@240B

You going to roll out this barking lunacy every time Trump doesn't receive 100% unqualified praise?

If so you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
And was about the legally vetted green card holders that are also caught up in this ban?

I have no problem at all with putting an immediate stop in refugees coming in from those countries...but stopping legal green card holders as well takes it too far.

Interesting. I finally took the time to look that up and 18 USC 1182 and it is a lot more complicated that the part of a paragraph of a subsection that was turned into a meme. Here is the actual law.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

There is a lot more regarding due process and multiple layers of approval, especially around those who already have approved immigration status, ie, the green card holders. The snippet of a subsection they show is just for new immigrants, not for those who we have already issued visa waivers. Those require due process to be revoked.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There's no 'flip side' to that coin.

A few NeverTrumps on this forum are clearly insane.   And your need to constantly defend them because of your bias is quite laughable.

And what you don't see...and even if you did you'd never admit it...is that I've gone places and defended you and some others here from the accusation that you've turned TBR Orange.  Sadly those people...members here...didn't want to hear the truth and deleted my membership from their whiny little space on FB and deleted my comments.

Don't really care if you believe me or not but I did defend you...no reason for me to lie or make things up.

The fact of the matter is that it's became a very lame excuse for both sides.  You can't stand to hear even legitimate criticism of Trump from anyone at any time...so you just label them anti-Trump...or do worse and call them "terrorists".

The flip side of the coin can't see anything positive about Trump without screaming the place has turned into an Orange hell.

Both sides are making a completely bogus factually inaccurate claim.  If this place was truly anti-Trump...would you still be allowed to post here?

If this place were Trump central as some claim I wouldn't be allowed to post here.

So you and a few others can continue to play the victim card all you want to...but it's growing tired and it's definitely a stale routine.

How about trying to intelligently defend your positions instead of taking the intellectually lazy way out?

Bring up the level of discourse here instead of dragging it down?

Silver Pines

@Right_in_Virginia

The NeverTrumpers are now rooting for the Jahadists from terror prone nations to be allowed unvetted into the USA. LOL, should Trump say no Sharia Law in the USA the NeverTrumpers will come out in support of Sharia Law.

@jpsb, I don't think @Weird Tolkienish Figure was ever NeverTrump.  He's been back and forth, depending on what Trump does or says at the time.  In fact,  before the election I believe he was very open to supporting him.

But now because he has some criticism, he's NeverTrump?  Is that the new criteria?  If it is, you're saying that you either will be a NeverTrumper yourself if you find a problem with something Donald does, OR that you will never criticize him at all.

Offline mountaineer

Why should he be able to do that?
Please explain without snarky insults.
Thanks.
He certainly has the legal authority to issue the order and "inconvenience" the travelers. Whether he should have done so, whether there was an immediate need for it, etc., I honestly don't know.  :shrug:
 More info:
...    Did you call it un-American? Unconstitutional? Illegal?

If so, you were wrong because Congress fully authorizes such action, and in fact requires the president temporarily ban immigration from nations under 8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens.

The law specifically lists who should be kept out (drug dealers, money launderers, terrorists, and many other categories of people who are bad news).

“Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate,” says paragraph (f).

“Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.”  ...
Don Surber, "Did you pass the Muslim ban test?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org