Author Topic: Conway: When will reporters who 'talked smack' be fired?  (Read 5245 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Conway: When will reporters who 'talked smack' be fired?
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »

Kellyanne Conway in an interview Sunday slammed the media, asking when network reporters will be fired over their coverage of the Trump administration.

"Who is cleaning house? Which one is going to be the first network to get rid of these people, the people who think things were just not true?" Conway asked on "Fox News Sunday."

Conway, a key adviser to President Trump, criticized networks for their coverage of her "alternative facts" statement one week ago, noting that there were other things she said in Sunday show interviews that could have been the reporters' focus.

"I went on three network shows and spoke for 35 minutes on three network Sunday shows. You know what got picked? The fact that I said 'alternative facts,' not the fact that I ripped a new one to some of those hosts that they never cover the facts that matter," Conway said.

"Not one network person has been let go. Not one silly political analyst and pundit who talked smack all day long about Donald Trump has been let go," she added. "I'm too polite to mention their names, but they know who they are, and they are all wondering who will be the first to go. The election was three months ago. None of them have been let go."

Read More: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/316750-conway-on-the-media-when-are-they-going-to-fire-these-reporters

I wonder if Conway has read the Bill of Rights??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Conway: When will reporters who 'talked smack' be fired?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:06:04 pm »
I'm starting to see why Donald Trump hired this woman. She's just as self-centered and childish as he is.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:13:57 pm »
I'm starting to see why Donald Trump hired this woman. She's just as self-centered and childish as he is.

Yep...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:14:55 pm »
First it's an illegal edict barring entry into the US from certain countries.  Now Trump and his cohorts want to destroy  freedom of the press.

I was willing to give Trump some time to win me over.  But in 2 weeks, he and his accomplices have managed to alienate me further.  I don't like him or his people at all.  Not sure I'm going to like the America he wants to shape.  Obama slmodt destroyed America in 8 years.  Trump is on course to finish the job in a lot less time.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:24:52 pm »
First it's an illegal edict barring entry into the US from certain countries.  Now Trump and his cohorts want to destroy  freedom of the press.

I was willing to give Trump some time to win me over.  But in 2 weeks, he and his accomplices have managed to alienate me further.  I don't like him or his people at all.  Not sure I'm going to like the America he wants to shape.  Obama slmodt destroyed America in 8 years.  Trump is on course to finish the job in a lot less time.

But talk radio is liking this cause he is going after the media. I'm not a fan of the media, but I think there are more pressing issues that the President has to face.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:54 am »
When the executive branch of the federal government pays the salaries of these reporters, then the President can set the rules and fire them for nor following them.

As people understand this concept, I'd have to ask why she - and by extension, Trump - want a nationalized press?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:03:13 am by HonestJohn »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:13:41 am »
The zeitgeist started by Obama and the Democrats and their media oligarchs has been to "nationalize the press" ala having the government license who is and whom is NOT to be considered a journalist, and therefore who has and does not have First Amendment rights of free speech and press.

Trump is just taking the already-rolling-ball and steering it into his own lane.

Ultimately the government will decide what press is journalism, and which is not - based solely on those whom applaud and worship the Regime in power.

And the Sheeple applaud like seals - because it's THEIR guy and THEIR regime making the demand for a 'pure and truthful media' as long as it's a sycophant to whomever is on the throne.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:15:14 am »
Surely she's not that naive.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:46:50 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 12:24:16 am »
The zeitgeist started by Obama and the Democrats and their media oligarchs has been to "nationalize the press" ala having the government license who is and whom is NOT to be considered a journalist, and therefore who has and does not have First Amendment rights of free speech and press.

Trump is just taking the already-rolling-ball and steering it into his own lane.

Ultimately the government will decide what press is journalism, and which is not - based solely on those whom applaud and worship the Regime in power.

And the Sheeple applaud like seals - because it's THEIR guy and THEIR regime making the demand for a 'pure and truthful media' as long as it's a sycophant to whomever is on the throne.

The last thing we need is a nationalize media..

The sad part is that Talk Radio is loving Trump's attack on the media.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 12:29:33 am »
If the media wants to hire someone who suggests that Trump is having carnal relations with goats in the rose garden they can.

Discernment is up to the people.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 12:31:33 am »
First it's an illegal edict barring entry into the US from certain countries.

Ya don't say.....

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 12:34:30 am »

The last thing we need is a nationalize media..

The sad part is that Talk Radio is loving Trump's attack on the media.

One of the things that bothers me is the propaganda I keep seeing on twitter claiming that Thomas Jefferson called for using the law to silence media. Despite Jefferson's legendary dislike of the press he was just as adamant that they be free and even pointed to their falsehoods as a symbol of American freedom.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 12:36:29 am »
One of the things that bothers me is the propaganda I keep seeing on twitter claiming that Thomas Jefferson called for using the law to silence media. Despite Jefferson's legendary dislike of the press he was just as adamant that they be free and even pointed to their falsehoods as a symbol of American freedom.

Yep..

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:37 am »

It was John Adams that tried to do so as second President with his Sedition act.  It made it a crime to publish "false, scandalous, and malicious writing" against the government or its officials.

Jefferson campaigned against that.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2017, 12:41:02 am »
It was John Adams that tried to do so as second President with his Sedition act.  It made it a crime to publish "false, scandalous, and malicious writing" against the government or its officials.

What Adams tried to do was wrong.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2017, 12:42:20 am »

Jefferson campaigned against that.

Jefferson did some publishing himself as well.

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 12:47:44 am »

What Adams tried to do was wrong.

This.

And anyone pushing such a thing (or anything similar)... and anyone supporting those that do are wrong.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 12:52:57 am »
I wonder if Conway has read the Bill of Rights??

It follows from the First Amendment's Freedom of the Press that the press is allowed to be a bunch of jerks.  In most cases, they even get to lie without suffering criminal penalties.  The  media certainly don't have to fire anyone just because an aide for the POTUS says that they ought to be fired.  Conway knows that.

However, I think Conway's status as a spokesman for the POTUS does not abridge her right to Freedom of Speech (especially considering that her insistence that unethical journalists ought to be fired carries no real force to compel the firings anyway).

I think Conway is saying something that needs to be said.  Freedom of the Press aside, the MSM ought to be called out for monumentally serious violations of ethics.  And I say that even though I am, and always will be, a NeverTrumper.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 01:11:51 am »
they even get to lie without suffering criminal penalties.

Tell that to Gawker. I believe the whole notion that the press can say whatever they want started with Goldwater's psychological lawsuit. It's a relatively recent phenomenon and it may not last long. I can't see why the press should be exempt from liable just because they're reporting on politics. And yes I know I agree with Trump on this.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 01:19:09 am »

Tell that to Gawker. I believe the whole notion that the press can say whatever they want started with Goldwater's psychological lawsuit. It's a relatively recent phenomenon and it may not last long. I can't see why the press should be exempt from liable just because they're reporting on politics. And yes I know I agree with Trump on this.

So what penalty should there be for a pathological liar of a president?

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 01:20:43 am »
So what penalty should there be for a pathological liar of a president?

Depends on the lie doesn't it? 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 01:23:45 am »

To be honest, I'm getting sick and tired of media bashing..  It is getting old and tiresome.

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 01:25:50 am »

To be honest, I'm getting sick and tired of media bashing..  It is getting old and tiresome.

"Conservatives" have been hiding behind "it's the librul media's fault" for a long time now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:26:12 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 01:26:36 am »

Its become an excuse to avoid real issues.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 01:31:08 am »

"Conservatives" have been hiding behind "it's the librul media's fault" for a long time now.

The media was just as hostile with Ronald Reagan. The real difference is that we now have 24/7 news and social media but that doesn't mean a politician should waste a lot of time in petty fights with them.