Author Topic: Atlantic Issues Massive Correction After Unhinged Anti-Ultrasound Op-Ed  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Atlantic Issues Massive Correction After Unhinged Anti-Ultrasound Op-Ed
By Tom Blumer | January 27, 2017 | 9:19 PM EST
shares

One of the more revealing side effects of the 2016 presidential campaign, and especially the November election, is how old-line liberal publications which once had at least a veneer of respectability have completely gone off the deep end.

Readers have come to expect completely unhinged, error-ridden material to routinely appear at places like Salon.com. But at the Atlantic? Beyond occasional shorter blog posts at its web site, we didn't used to see much of it. But there's no other way to describe a deeply flawed January 24 op-ed appearing there which sharply criticized ultrasound images of unborn children as an example of "how effectively politicians have used visual technology to redefine what counts as 'life.'"

Writer Moira Weigel is at least 40 years late with her extended rant against a stunning, hugely beneficial and groundbreaking technological advance.

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2017/01/27/atlantic-issues-massive-correction-after-unhinged-anti-ultrasound-op

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Atlantic Issues Massive Correction After Unhinged Anti-Ultrasound Op-Ed
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 05:07:00 pm »
They regret a couple of errors but stand with the story.

But the “heartbeat” made visible via ultrasound does not actually demonstrate any decisive change of state in the cell mass that might become a fetus.

Like many other uses of this technology across history, The Heartbeat Protection Act enlarge the fetus in the public eye, while edging women out of the picture. 

Perhaps Moira should be edged out the picture.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley