Author Topic: Popular Restaurant Chain Offering To Fund Planned Parenthood With Portion Of Every Sale  (Read 5925 times)

geronl

Headline is over blown.

Planned Parenthood is not a charity, it is a big business

Offline mountaineer

Planned Parenthood is not a charity, it is a big business
Indeed. Treating them like a charity is like treating the KKK like a charity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

With the prices charged for products and services these days, as a consumer I have every right to select where I want to shop and where I want to dine.  Perhaps the reason we are seeing more and more boycotts is because of the internet and social media and consumers are being made aware of what some of these companies actually stand for and where some of our money eventually goes. I dine at Chik-fil-A because they have excellent customer service, made a stand against the whole LGBT issue and have decent food for a fast food joint. I frequent Target as little as possible because of their stance on the whole LGBT issue and the transgender bathrooms.  I know longer feel welcome there and I feel uncomfortable.  The ONLY reason I shop there is because of convenience, they are 5 minutes away from my house. I refuse to hire any contractor who employs illegals.  I try to buy American made products (hard to do these days) over foreign made, even if I have to pay more.  It all boils down to it's a matter of principle.
Target is another idiot company for purposely hurting its consumers.  It is hemorrhaging big time since it decided to let men use the girls' bathrooms.  Just saw a news article updating last year's debacle by its management.  http://www.americanexperiment.org/2017/01/boycott-factor-slumping-target-sales/

I believe Target shareholders have an excellent lawsuit to pursue against its management.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Indeed. Treating them like a charity is like treating the KKK like a charity.

I used to work at a company that practically forces United Way participation.  If you don't designate where to give the money Planned Parenthood most likely will get a chunk of your contribution.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

I used to work at a company that practically forces United Way participation.  If you don't designate where to give the money Planned Parenthood most likely will get a chunk of your contribution.

Years ago, one of my past employers tried to force me to give to the United Way. I refused and was subtly threatened with retaliation.  Told the HR person I would take the matter to court, and the firm backed off.  But every year the firm would toot its horn, declaring it had 100% employee participation in United Way.  That was a lie -- unless someone there kicked in a contribution on my behalf. 

Yes, now you can designate to which charity you want your United Way donation to go.    But I wouldn't trust United Way to follow my wishes.  Who knows what dubious organization under the United Way umbrella would actually receive my contribution?

If I want to give to charity, I'll give directly, not through United Way.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I believe Target shareholders have an excellent lawsuit to pursue against its management.

We can and should vote with our wallets.

Large publicly traded companies such as Target have lots of rules for their executives to follow.  In a general sense this means they must keep their shareholder's interests at heart.  If they don't, they can be fired, sued or go to jail depending upon the circumstances.  Many companies have moved overseas for the simple reason the executives must be fiscally responsible by law.

And they can't do really stupid things like we've seen with Target and Chili's.  Whether liberals like it or not there are laws in this country.

Liberals rail against Capitalism and make a lot of hay with their supporters by imitating Bernie Sanders.  And as much as they espouse the wonders of Fidel, Mao and Chavez they never quite get around to the fine details, such as mass murder and Fascism.

The also like to point out abusive Capitalism examples such as Enron, which there are plenty out there to highlight.  But here again they conveniently miss the fine details.  For example, corporate executives can go to jail if they become too abusive, something Fidel, Mao and Chavez never had to worry about at all.

When you get right down to it liberals want it both ways.  When it's convenient they want one set of rules yet they easily toss those same rules right out the window when it suits their whim.  When the Target and Chili's shareholder's lawsuits start making the headlines liberals will scream bloody murder.  You can bank on it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Target is another idiot company for purposely hurting its consumers.  It is hemorrhaging big time since it decided to let men use the girls' bathrooms.  Just saw a news article updating last year's debacle by its management.  http://www.americanexperiment.org/2017/01/boycott-factor-slumping-target-sales/

Who else thinks President Trump won't void all that 'separate bathroom' nonsense?

I mean...it's only been a week today, he's been on the job.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:54:41 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
CHILI'S CANCELS PP FUNDRAISER

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2017/01/26/victory-chilis-cancels-planned-parenthood-fundraiser-major-backlash/?utm_source=rsmorningbriefing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Details below. My iPad isn't letting me cut and paste today- should have done this on y computer
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 12:09:05 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Years ago, one of my past employers tried to force me to give to the United Way. I refused and was subtly threatened with retaliation.  Told the HR person I would take the matter to court, and the firm backed off.  But every year the firm would toot its horn, declaring it had 100% employee participation in United Way.  That was a lie -- unless someone there kicked in a contribution on my behalf. 

Yes, now you can designate to which charity you want your United Way donation to go.    But I wouldn't trust United Way to follow my wishes.  Who knows what dubious organization under the United Way umbrella would actually receive my contribution?

If I want to give to charity, I'll give directly, not through United Way.

I always support United Way,  and my employer's program to encourage participation.   But I always designate where my money will go - most years I support the day care center that helped give both my kids their start.   Twenty years on, they are both adults with good jobs,  and I credit in no small part the place where their education and socialization first began.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

I always support United Way,  and my employer's program to encourage participation.   But I always designate where my money will go - most years I support the day care center that helped give both my kids their start.   Twenty years on, they are both adults with good jobs,  and I credit in no small part the place where their education and socialization first began.

The local UW chapter here was in hot water some years ago.  The head honcho was accused of misappropriation of funds.  So that's why I wouldn't trust the organization to distribute my donation as I requested. 

Why not just give to the day care center directly? 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I support my employer's UW program, and so use that as the conduit for giving.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The local UW chapter here was in hot water some years ago.  The head honcho was accused of misappropriation of funds.  So that's why I wouldn't trust the organization to distribute my donation as I requested. 

The United Way drive at our company included a drawing for trips.  People went to Hawaii on United Way.  Really upset me that we were forced to participate and our money was going to send people to Hawaii.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chili's backs out, cancels fundraiser:

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/26/chilis-cancels-planned-parenthood-fundraiser-after-pro-life-people-complain/

That happens too; I saw some other company once cancel fundraisers because of pressure.

-----

The flip side of some of this too; is that some of these companies will hire the disabled, veterans, so sometimes it is a mixed bag as to what these companies do, they are huge with many interests. Probably like Exxon.

Offline Hondo69

http://www.lifenews.com/2017/01/26/chilis-cancels-planned-parenthood-fundraiser-after-pro-life-people-complain/

That happens too; I saw some other company once cancel fundraisers because of pressure.

Too late Chili's - the damage is done.  See Target.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

-----

The flip side of some of this too; is that some of these companies will hire the disabled, veterans, so sometimes it is a mixed bag as to what these companies do, they are huge with many interests. Probably like Exxon.

That is true.  I think public pressure is very effective, and if affiliating with Planned Parenthood would become like affiliating with the KKK - that would be powerful.  So, I say it's war - and it's a fight to the death, or we will lose again.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Hoodat

Chili's runs some sort of voucher that you can redeem to a charity. Planned Parenthood is one of the "Charities".

Planned Parenthood isn't a charity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Planned Parenthood isn't a charity.

Unfortunately, legally speaking it is. Something that could be corrected without much difficulty - if there existed a single spine in DC.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hondo69

Unfortunately, legally speaking it is. Something that could be corrected without much difficulty - if there existed a single spine in DC.

Question:  Will stem cell research ever advance to the level where we can grow spines into Republican politicians?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Waitress, Waitress, I've changed my mind.

I'm feeling rather hungry today.

Make that a Double Murder Burger instead of the single, please?

Yes, with the cheese, onions and tomatoes.

And could I please have the blood sauce with those fries?

Thank You.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:18:59 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Question:  Will stem cell research ever advance to the level where we can grow spines into Republican politicians?

For miracles of that order, you really need the church.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Too late Chili's - the damage is done.  See Target.
Not long ago, JC Penney's went gay and nearly killed their business