Author Topic: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall  (Read 14134 times)

Offline beandog

Re: Trump hangs portrait of inauguration crowd in WH press hall
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2017, 05:15:06 pm »
Here's where I'm at.  I didn't suport Pres. the Donald, I didn't trust him and I still don't but you know what, he's is currently the only thing standing between us and the liberals totally destroying the country.  We have know choice but to go with it and keep our eyes on what is important and what is not.

It would be helpful if certain people would quit acting like everything he does is just great and, on the other side, everything he does is just terrible.  I think with this Presidency we are all going to have to have a strong sense of humor and not take everything he does or says so seriously.  We need to come together so we can not only hold his feet to the fire but the republican congress.  If we don't we are going to lose it all.

All bets are off to those who continue to call Sen Cruz nasty names.  You deserve what you get. ****slapping

geronl

« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »
I think we have much greater things to worry about, say for instance the "bleep Hat" march

Why? Why are we supposed to worry over a stupid march, which is over and nothing happened instead of 4 years of a thin-skinned, vindictive man-child who holds real power?

I don't think you understand what "much greater things to worry about" means.

geronl

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2017, 05:27:40 pm »
However when anti-Trump rhetoric gets down right vicious and ugly I will return fire.

Oh man they hit Trump hard, I'd better call him names, slurs, insult his children and mama and then tell him to get right with God.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:01 pm »
I get branded a "knee jerkier" lol, you have no idea how many anti-trump threads I've read and not commented on. However when anti-Trump rhetoric gets down right vicious and ugly I will return fire.

I support Trump because of the policies he advocated for during the primaries. There is no other reason why I supported him. He is not my lord (notice no capitalization, since I am talking about Trump) and I am not a cult member.  Policies is why I switched from Paul/Cruz to Trump, policies.

I'm right there with you!    :beer:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

geronl

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2017, 05:37:22 pm »
  We need to come together so we can not only hold his feet to the fire but the republican congress.  If we don't we are going to lose it all.

Any attempt to hold Trump's feet to the fire will be met with personal attacks and calls of "your a liberal! You love Hillary!"

All bets are off to those who continue to call Sen Cruz nasty names.  You deserve what you get. ****slapping

A lot of Trump supporters now say Cruz can't be a Supreme Court justice because he isn't a US citizen....

it just never ends with these morons

Offline beandog

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2017, 05:55:04 pm »
Any attempt to hold Trump's feet to the fire will be met with personal attacks and calls of "your a liberal! You love Hillary!"

A lot of Trump supporters now say Cruz can't be a Supreme Court justice because he isn't a US citizen....

Look, what certain Pres. the Donald supporters attempted to do, and are still trying to do, to Sen. Cruz in unforgiveable, at least to me it is.  One of the very big reasons I would never even consider going back to TOS.  Well, that, and there is way to much worship of both Pres. the Donald and his entire family going on which is creepy and I want know part of. 

I am not arguing that we should all just get along.  What I would like is for us to argue about the things that really matter.  I don't want to be an old fuddy duddy and whine about every little "unadult" thing he might do.  If it amuses him to poke the press in the eye than I'm all for it.  Being a conservative doesn't mean we can't find humor in things.  Everything doesn't have to be life and death. :shrug:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2017, 05:59:44 pm »
There is a new Evan McMullen thread. The Trumphumpers can't help themselves. Anyone who tries to critique Trump from the right is going to get slammed hard by the Defenders of the Drumpf with lies and innuendo.

My god you diminish yourself.  Stop. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline beandog

« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »
There is a new Evan McMullen thread. The Trumphumpers can't help themselves. Anyone who tries to critique Trump from the right is going to get slammed hard by the Defenders of the Drumpf with lies and innuendo.
You know what.  I'm done with you.  You just want to be miserable and to draw everybody else into your misery.  That is not conservative. You are know better than those that you constantly criticize.  I have never even considered putting someone on ignore but since I don't think you add anything to the discussion I am seriously reconsidering. 

Have fun wallowing in your bitterness. **nononono*

Offline Mod2

« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:35 pm »
@geronl

Knock.

It.

Off.

geronl

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »
My god you diminish yourself.

Meanwhile the Trumpscum attack me personally and even insinuate I must not be Christian for not supporting the orange clown. But that is fine. I know that anyone who points out the wrong things Trump does will be personally slimed. I get tired of it, of course. I guess as a second-class member I should know my place.

BTW- The mods do not give private warning before posting to you on the thread, which was mentioned on a thread not long ago.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »
Meanwhile the Trumpscum attack me personally and even insinuate I must not be Christian for not supporting the orange clown. But that is fine. I know that anyone who points out the wrong things Trump does will be personally slimed. I get tired of it, of course. I guess as a second-class member I should know my place.

BTW- The mods do not give private warning before posting to you on the thread, which was mentioned on a thread not long ago.

I guess I'm the one they've made the example of on that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #136 on: January 25, 2017, 08:43:52 pm »

All the way to the Washington Monument, ladies and germs.

Secondly, the empty grandstand on Pennsylvania Avenue, was built and paid for by the District of Columbia...for all officials and their extended families.

They all boycotted the Inauguration in support of the the so-called "Icon".

You're all entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2017, 08:49:28 pm »
"Most of them are NeverTrumpers that would rather have the Marxist globalist Hillary as pres."

I sincerely do not wish to stir anything up here, but I have an honest question, and I know I'm not the only one who has it.  I understand the reason behind the Mod comment - we have been told not to allege that anymore (that people that say they will never vote for Trump DO NOT necessarily support Hillary Clinton) - and that it is offensive and not true.  I get that.

What I don't get is that talk that is offensive to myself and other Trumpers here - that we are members of a cult, that we worship Trump, etc - doesn't get squashed by the Mods too?  It's not like we haven't asked it over and over. 

The facts are that no one should accuse someone of supporting Hillary without seeing where they have actually promoted that - the same as - no one should accuse someone of worshiping Trump without seeing where they have actually promoted that as well.  This addresses where most all of the complaints about uneven modding originate from - why can one group be offended by something and it become a rule that must not be broken, but another group gets equally offended by something and it continues to be allowed?

Sorry for going off-topic, and maybe it is something that should be discussed elsewhere - but it is a valid question, and I would love to hear a Mod answer to it.

Cultists defend the subject of their devotion against all slings, no matter whether the slings be worthy or not.  Regardless of whether they support whatever action/belief/topic is currently the subject.

Now step back and ask, do you defend Trump no matter what?  Do you support everything he does, regardless of whether you'd agree with the behavior coming from someone with a different letter attached to their name?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »
Or do you post silly complaints no matter how silly or trivial his actions are?

Give it up, HJ.  We are not cultists because you want to believe us to be.  You are closer to a cult than we.  An anti-Trump cult as you live to see the bad in every little thing he does.

It was a legitimate question to certain people here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2017, 09:11:43 pm »

Name the "moron" on THIS FORUM making that claim about Cruz ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2017, 09:12:58 pm »
Or do you post silly complaints no matter how silly or trivial his actions are?

Give it up, HJ.  We are not cultists because you want to believe us to be.  You are closer to a cult than we.  An anti-Trump cult as you live to see the bad in every little thing he does.

Another knee-jerk defense?

Did you do this with Obama?  He had a pen and a phone... and used it.

And by your defense, you are saying you love it when a President acts in that manner.  (and in all other issues were, if the situation was reversed, you would be up in arms)

What matter is not the person, but the actions or deeds.  And if one is on record as being against some action or deed, then one is opposed to it, no matter who does it.

Which is not what is currently being observed here.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: January 25, 2017, 09:25:52 pm »
Another knee-jerk defense?

Did you do this with Obama?  He had a pen and a phone... and used it.

And by your defense, you are saying you love it when a President acts in that manner.  (and in all other issues were, if the situation was reversed, you would be up in arms)

What matter is not the person, but the actions or deeds.  And if one is on record as being against some action or deed, then one is opposed to it, no matter who does it.

Which is not what is currently being observed here.

Most of Trump's Executive Orders are supported by passed legislation that, for political reasons, was not enforced and ignored...so it's not like he's acting like a king...as so many in here fret about.

He's merely following existing law.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2017, 09:37:35 pm »

:whistle:

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:18:07 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »
He is thin-skinned and childish to his core.

Yes, but the press lies and has an agenda.

And he's busted them repeatedly.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

HonestJohn

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2017, 10:21:39 pm »
Most of Trump's Executive Orders are supported by passed legislation that, for political reasons, was not enforced and ignored...so it's not like he's acting like a king...as so many in here fret about.

He's merely following existing law.

Which is why I'm not negatively commenting on his latest, which restricts refugees from some countries in the Middle East.  For he named certain countries and explained that the reasoning.

Now, I may comment later on other posters, if they start advocating certain things (internment camps, for example) or crying out for Trump to ignore our laws and be a dictator (for the lulz, you know).

---

I'd ask Trump's advocates that when Trump does or says something, they replace his name with Obama.  And then ask if they'd still be for whateve 'it' is.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:23:20 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline jpsb

Offline jpsb

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »
Name the "moron" on THIS FORUM making that claim about Cruz ??
Ping me if you get an answer, thx.

Online DCPatriot

Silver Pines

« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2017, 12:15:29 am »
Here's where I'm at.  I didn't suport Pres. the Donald, I didn't trust him and I still don't but you know what, he's is currently the only thing standing between us and the liberals totally destroying the country.  We have know choice but to go with it and keep our eyes on what is important and what is not.

It would be helpful if certain people would quit acting like everything he does is just great and, on the other side, everything he does is just terrible.  I think with this Presidency we are all going to have to have a strong sense of humor and not take everything he does or says so seriously.  We need to come together so we can not only hold his feet to the fire but the republican congress.  If we don't we are going to lose it all.

@beandog

I voted my conscience in November; I don't regret it a bit, and, in fact, would do it again.  Now that Trump is in the White House, I intend to give him credit for the good things he does, and to bust him on the bad.  As I see it, furthering the cause of conservatism is the issue, not propping up a politician's ego. 

The morning after the election, I pinged the Trump supporters on the forum, congratulated them, and admitted I was completely wrong about Donald's chances of winning.  Two were gracious enough to respond.

I haven't changed my opinion of Trump and I won't pretend that I have; it's been formed over years.  But I don't see the point of dragging that into every conversation.  Right now it feels like I'm at a tennis match---Trump does something that sounds good (look over here) and then he does or says something boneheaded (look over there) and back again.  I expect the next four years are going to be like that.  Regardless, I've made my personal judgment about Trump the man, but I'll judge his presidency based on what he does.  But if anyone expects me to get on his "train", might as well give that up.  When he deserves it, my criticism will be unsparing, whether it's the first week of his presidency or the last.

But I'm also not going to marinate in bitterness and anger for the next few years because he won.  Who would that hurt?  No one, except for me, and it would do that.  I have a life to live...we all do.  And I'm not going to spend mine trying to nurse a sense of rage (which isn't there in the first place) over who sits in the White House.  The election went the way it went.  Conservatives still know what they stand for.