Author Topic: Teen Girl Claims Parents Cut Her Off For Dating Black Man Sets Up GoFund Me Account  (Read 1188 times)

Offline mirraflake

Allie Dowdle, 18, said her parents cut off help for college over boyfriend, Michael
    Dowdle blamed their lack of support on Michael Swift being African-American
    She has raised more than $12,000 on GoFundMe to go toward her college tuition
    Her father, Bill Dowdle, said his daughter dating a black man may not be his 'preference' because of 'issues'   involved with biracial dating in the South
    Insisted that he cut her off because she was 'spoiled' and needed to 'grow up'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4115678/Tennessee-teen-raises-10-000-college-tuition-claiming-parents-cut-black-boyfriend.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:14:09 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Lol it's always a black guy blond chick.

Had a girl in HS do this 35+ years ago.. Hottest girl in the class, cheerleader, homecoming queen, National Honor Roll  etc. dated the star black athlete who was as dumb as a fencepost though he was a nice guy. Nothing in common with her though. Lasted a year or so.

Now she is married to some very successful white guy and they 4 kids and I wonder if he and her 3 sons knows who she dated. She has never come back to any class reunions.

Most of this is either white guilt or wanting to make a statement or be a rebel, attract attention.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:22:41 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Frank Cannon

It's his money. He can do with it what he wants. She is 18. She can do what she wants. Grifting from a go fund me seems suspect to me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's his money. He can do with it what he wants. She is 18. She can do what she wants. Grifting from a go fund me seems suspect to me.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
She can do what she wants.

The father can do what he wants.

The idiots donating to her GoFund me can do what they want.

Is GoFund me money taxable? Just wondering.

It's amazing the contradictions I see in the US economy:

Claim: the US economy is struggling and people are barely getting by. This is odd, because I see this kickstarter crap, Gofund me, youtube donation whores, etc. If the economy is so bad, how are people spending this money on this stuff.

I'm also in some Christmas Village groups on Facebook, and I'm astounded at the amount of money that people spend on this stuff. I like looking at them, but some of these setups look like people are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on them.

To me it seems that people in the US have more money than they know what to do with.

Offline mirraflake

It's amazing the contradictions I see in the US economy:

Claim: the US economy is struggling and people are barely getting by. This is odd, because I see this kickstarter crap, Gofund me, youtube donation whores, etc. If the economy is so bad, how are people spending this money on this stuff.

I'm also in some Christmas Village groups on Facebook, and I'm astounded at the amount of money that people spend on this stuff. I like looking at them, but some of these setups look like people are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on them.

To me it seems that people in the US have more money than they know what to do with.

It's always been this way  some people are doing very very well, some are living dirt poor.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Offline Frank Cannon

Is GoFund me money taxable? Just wondering.

Not unless someone gives her more than $14K. That's the gifting threshold.

Because it is like the Great Depression. Not everyone is broke, but there are a lot of broke people out there. You are aware there are over 350 million people here? It only take 12k of these dopes to give a dollar to get to her amount.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:01:47 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Not unless someone gives her more than $14K. That's the gifting threshold.

Is that a single gift or is that total?

Offline Frank Cannon

Is that a single gift or is that total?

Individual gift. If 30 people give her $13,999 a piece, no tax on the $419,970 raised. Nice scam.

HonestJohn

I should open up a GoFundMe account and ask for donations.

Say that it's for no reason, just that I'd like some money.

I wonder how much money I'd get.

Offline mirraflake

Individual gift. If 30 people give her $13,999 a piece, no tax on the $419,970 raised. Nice scam.

@Frank Cannon
I figured it would be taxable but you are right

https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/204295498-Am-I-responsible-for-taxes-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Her father, Bill Dowdle, said his daughter dating a black man may not be his 'preference' because of 'issues'   involved with biracial dating in the South; Insisted that he cut her off because she was 'spoiled' and needed to 'grow up'
He's probably right, but "I'm a spoiled brat" doesn't gin up the donations as much as "my bigoted daddy threw me out!" It's the same tactic the alphabet soup lobby's been using for years.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024