Author Topic: Democrats demand black lawmakers testify at Sessions hearing  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats demand black lawmakers testify at Sessions hearing
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:35:43 pm »

Democrats demand black lawmakers testify at Sessions hearing

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley is willing to go along, with conditions.

By Seung Min Kim and John Bresnahan

01/09/17 10:55 AM EST

Democratic senators are pushing to let Congressional Black Caucus members testify at the confirmation hearing for Jeff Sessions as attorney general this week — heightening the issue of race in what's already expected to be a contentious nomination battle.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, approached chairman Chuck Grassley last week with her request: To allow Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) and other CBC members appear before the committee to discuss Sessions’ nomination to be the nation’s top cop, according to two sources.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/sessions-confirmation-hearing-black-lawmakers-233348
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Democrats demand black lawmakers testify at Sessions hearing
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »
Hmmm.  They're whining about being made to wait their turn to testify, saying that their time is too important for them to sit in line behind ordinary, little people.  They don't have any idea how this plays to the American public, do they?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline dfwgator

Re: Democrats demand black lawmakers testify at Sessions hearing
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 06:47:08 pm »

"He treated me like a dog, Mr. Wally!"