Author Topic: Trump: Briefing Shows Hacking Had 'Absolutely No Effect' on Election  (Read 1400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Trump: Briefing Shows Hacking Had 'Absolutely No Effect' on Election
Friday, January 6, 2017 02:58 PM

President–elect Donald Trump released the following statement at the conclusion of the meeting with Intelligence Community leaders:

"I had a constructive meeting and conversation with the leaders of the Intelligence Community this afternoon. I have tremendous respect for the work and service done by the men and women of this community to our great nation.

"While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines. There were attempts to hack the Republican National Committee, but the RNC had strong hacking defenses and the hackers were unsuccessful.

"Whether it is our government, organizations, associations or businesses we need to aggressively combat and stop cyberattacks. I will appoint a team to give me a plan within 90 days of taking office. The methods, tools and tactics we use to keep America safe should not be a public discussion that will benefit those who seek to do us harm. Two weeks from today I will take the oath of office and America's safety and security will be my number one priority."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Intel-Briefing/2017/01/06/id/767234/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump: Briefing Shows Hacking Had 'Absolutely No Effect' on Election
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 09:28:19 pm »
The methods, tools and tactics we use to keep America safe should not be a public discussion that will benefit those who seek to do us harm.

:amen:  NO doubt about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:30:50 pm »
Newsmax
Trump: Briefing Shows Hacking Had 'Absolutely No Effect' on Election
Friday, January 6, 2017 02:58 PM

President–elect Donald Trump released the following statement at the conclusion of the meeting with Intelligence Community leaders:

"I had a constructive meeting and conversation with the leaders of the Intelligence Community this afternoon. I have tremendous respect for the work and service done by the men and women of this community to our great nation.

"While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines. There were attempts to hack the Republican National Committee, but the RNC had strong hacking defenses and the hackers were unsuccessful.

"Whether it is our government, organizations, associations or businesses we need to aggressively combat and stop cyberattacks. I will appoint a team to give me a plan within 90 days of taking office. The methods, tools and tactics we use to keep America safe should not be a public discussion that will benefit those who seek to do us harm. Two weeks from today I will take the oath of office and America's safety and security will be my number one priority."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Intel-Briefing/2017/01/06/id/767234/

Ah see he can respond intelligently to this stuff. I knew he had it in him.

I'll put this one in "good trump" category.

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »
The Rats left themselves wide open to being hacked so they deserve it.  I find it rather amusing that we are supposed to have our panties in a bunch about this when we do the same exact thing.  We are always meddling in other countries elections.  Obama and his crew of losers have done it several times.  If Russia did it they only put out the truth, they didn't mess with our voting.   **nononono*

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 09:38:08 pm »
The Rats left themselves wide open to being hacked so they deserve it.  I find it rather amusing that we are supposed to have our panties in a bunch about this when we do the same exact thing.  We are always meddling in other countries elections.  Obama and his crew of losers have done it several times.  If Russia did it they only put out the truth, they didn't mess with our voting.   **nononono*

The irony is if it were the USSR, as opposed to Russia, hacking our system the left would be smirking.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:45:07 pm »

Obummer may have intentionally let all this Russian hacking crap of the DNC and Podesta slid past him BECAUSE the real hack was his OPM and his secretary of states homebrew server and those are extremely embarrassing for him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 09:55:57 pm »
Had Trump responded like this in the first place, the media would've calmed down and we would have moved on.

Because he bungled this it became a scandal.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 09:58:47 pm »
Because he bungled this it became a scandal.

Eh, where's the scandal? From what I see Donny just exposed the intelligence community as a bunch of political hacks. It will make his restructuring of the CIA a lot easier.

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:04 pm »
Eh, where's the scandal? From what I see Donny just exposed the intelligence community as a bunch of political hacks. It will make his restructuring of the CIA a lot easier.

The media has been talking about this non-stop since late November. Pay attention.

Had Trump just given an intelligent canned response it would have blown over.

Something like the ("the trump admin is shocked and appalled and we are committed to working with intelligence to safeguard blah blah blah").

But instead Trump went all alt-right and produced an idiotic response to this through twitter and a very stupid official reply.

This response is good, and heartens me, that Trump may be capable of learning otherwise we will have non-stop scandals for the next 5 years.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:58 pm »
   It didn't work out to well for the last President that wanted to do that.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 10:08:26 pm »

The media has been talking about this non-stop since late November. Pay attention.

Had Trump just given an intelligent canned response it would have blown over.

Something like the ("the trump admin is shocked and appalled and we are committed to working with intelligence to safeguard blah blah blah").

But instead Trump went all alt-right and produced an idiotic response to this through twitter and a very stupid official reply.

This response is good, and heartens me, that Trump may be capable of learning otherwise we will have non-stop scandals for the next 5 years.

Maybe snowflakes types are crying into their green tea over this but no one else is. Trumps polling is way up from what anyone thought possible. The American public doesn't believe the Soviets effected the election. The FBI was forced to add an insane disclaimer that all this bullshit about the hacking cannot be proven, but they are going to claim it anyway....

As far as I see, only the small number of #Nevertrumper and #Trumpregreters have any issue with Donny calling this out along with the Left, who is claiming Melania is the incarnate of Eva Braun.

But don't let me stop you. Keep cranking away. Breeding hate is healthy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 10:09:30 pm »
   It didn't work out to well for the last President that wanted to do that.

Are you effin' serious?

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 10:11:52 pm »
Maybe snowflakes types are crying into their green tea over this but no one else is. Trumps polling is way up from what anyone thought possible. The American public doesn't believe the Soviets effected the election. The FBI was forced to add an insane disclaimer that all this bullshit about the hacking cannot be proven, but they are going to claim it anyway....

As far as I see, only the small number of #Nevertrumper and #Trumpregreters have any issue with Donny calling this out along with the Left, who is claiming Melania is the incarnate of Eva Braun.

I'm here to help Donny boy out, Frankie. Donny needs to put on his big boy pants and act presidential.

As for snowflakes, i'm sure Trump woulda been a lot happier had this media shitstorm not commenced, and judging by his twitter feed, I would definitely say so. You can't do press relations with alt-right loonies like Bannon and Flynn.

I am fully confident that Trump wants to have a successful presidency, but if it's one shitstorm after the other, it won't be.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 10:13:04 pm »

Ah see he can respond intelligently to this stuff. I knew he had it in him.

I'll put this one in "good trump" category.

It's a solid, well-crafted statement to which no one can reasonably object.  But it dodges the question of distinct Russian participation in the phishing of Podesta's emails or other cyber attacks on the DNC or the Clinton campaign, making those sound like one or two of innumerable, constant attempts made by a variety of foreign governments and organizations.  No doubt there are innumerable such attempts, but the question is whether or not the Russians were behind this particular attempt.  That Trump dropped that specific question tells me he was forced to acknowledge that evidence for Russian involvement is compelling.
James 1:20

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 10:27:36 pm »

I'm here to help Donny boy out, Frankie. Donny needs to put on his big boy pants and act presidential.

Actually no. No he doesn't. He seems to be doing better than Bush II in 2000 getting things going. Let his Twit away.

Speaking of Twitter, they seem to find this Soviet hacking a load of shit too....

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 10:29:33 pm »
Are you effin' serious?

NO, Hardly ever.

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 10:31:00 pm »
Actually no. No he doesn't. He seems to be doing better than Bush II in 2000 getting things going. Let his Twit away.

Speaking of Twitter, they seem to find this Soviet hacking a load of shit too....

Online polls? C'mon, you're better than that, bro.

I don't see Trump's presidency being successful if we have these constant media storms. Trump needs to focus on his agenda, not cleaning up his mess.

His initial reply to this thing was illogical screed of such monumental idiocy I had to reread it several times to absorb it. Even you cannot deny that.

HonestJohn

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 10:50:16 pm »

That 'disclaimer' isn't in the report.

And is just a standard disclaimer stating that any mention of a product/service by the FBI does not count as an endorsement.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:52:39 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 12:04:29 am »

goopo @beandog

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 11:30:08 am »
Intel Report Destroys Democrat Talking Point On Leaked Emails
Photo of Rachel Stoltzfoos
Rachel Stoltzfoos
Reporter
4:54 PM 01/06/2017

Donna Brazile on ABC News, Dec. 18, 2016. (Youtube screen grab)   Donna Brazile on ABC News, Dec. 18, 2016. (Youtube screen grab)

The Democratic National Committee emails released by Wikileaks were not forged by the Russians, U.S. intelligence agencies said in a report Friday, putting to rest a prominent Democrat talking point regarding the emails.

“Disclosures through Wikileaks did not contain any evident forgeries,” the report from the Director of National Intelligence states, adding that Russia likely chose to release the emails to Wikileaks because of its reputation for authenticity. The report says the assessment was made by the intel community with a high level of confidence.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/06/intel-report-destroys-democrat-talking-point-on-leaked-emails/#ixzz4V4fz0NYf

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 11:31:19 am »

Experts Call Declassified Russia Report ‘Disappointing,’ ‘Underwhelming’
Photo of Chuck Ross
Chuck Ross
Reporter
5:39 PM 01/06/2017

Few expected the declassified report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Russian hacking to contain many bombshells. But even by those lowered standards, the 25-page report is being called “disappointing,” “underwhelming” and “very thin” by national security experts and reporters.

The ODNI report concludes, as expected, that Russian president Vladimir Putin directed spy agencies to engage in a campaign of cyber attacks against U.S. political groups, think tanks, and businesses. It also states that Putin sought to undermine Hillary Clinton and to meddle in the U.S. democratic process.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/06/experts-call-declassified-russia-report-disappointing-underwhelming/#ixzz4V4gJznuO

HonestJohn

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 07:45:35 pm »
Experts Call Declassified Russia Report ‘Disappointing,’ ‘Underwhelming’
Photo of Chuck Ross
Chuck Ross
Reporter
5:39 PM 01/06/2017

Few expected the declassified report from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Russian hacking to contain many bombshells. But even by those lowered standards, the 25-page report is being called “disappointing,” “underwhelming” and “very thin” by national security experts and reporters.

The ODNI report concludes, as expected, that Russian president Vladimir Putin directed spy agencies to engage in a campaign of cyber attacks against U.S. political groups, think tanks, and businesses. It also states that Putin sought to undermine Hillary Clinton and to meddle in the U.S. democratic process.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/06/experts-call-declassified-russia-report-disappointing-underwhelming/#ixzz4V4gJznuO

No national security expert would make a claim based on the unclassified report.  They read the classified one.

If someone only has access to the unclassified version, they aren't a national security expert.