Author Topic: Senate rejects effort to force 60 votes for Obamacare repeal  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate rejects effort to force 60 votes for Obamacare repeal
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:43:18 pm »

Senate rejects effort to force 60 votes for Obamacare repeal
By Robert King • 1/5/17 4:16 PM

The Senate narrowly rejected Democrats' attempts to force Republicans to get 60 votes to repeal Obamacare rather than a simple majority.

The Senate voted 52-48 along party lines to reject an amendment by Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., and other Democrats to a budget resolution bill that is the first step toward repealing Obamacare.

The amendment would have forced any bill that would result in insurance coverage losses or higher costs to insured people to get 60 votes for passage. The move was targeted at reconciliation, a procedural move that Republicans hope to use to repeal Obamacare via a simple majority vote as Republicans have only a two-seat majority in the chamber.

Republicans blasted the amendment to the budget resolution, which sets spending and budgetary levels for the next decade.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-rejects-effort-to-force-60-votes-for-obamacare-repeal/article/2611010
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate rejects effort to force 60 votes for Obamacare repeal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:46:33 pm »
Good!  Maybe they have decided to play hardball on this for once!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien