Author Topic: Trump is having a tweet meltdown about the intelligence report he’s getting tomorrow  (Read 7677 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nothing will do any harm to Trump in the hearts of his devotees.

But his adolescent tweets will continue to do harm to the majority of Americans who actually want an adult to be President.

It's been 8 years since we had a grown up in the WH, and it will be at least 4 more before it happens again......   **nononono*

It may not be that long ... who knows what Trump will do ?  Nobody.

But the fact of the matter is .... Trump is gonna be president for the next 4 years unless something dramatic happens.

And I really have lost interest in Trump bashing.  I just have.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

But the fact of the matter is .... Trump is gonna be president for the next 4 years unless something dramatic happens.

Agree with that but IMO Trump was already responding in things in a way that was going to harm his Presidency. The alt-right nuts at Breitbart are fine at tearing stuff down but governing is about much more than that. Way easier to be against something then for something.

Trump hasn't even assumed office yet and this Russia thing has blown up. Unfortunately he did not handle it well. His life will be hell for the next 4 years if it's just one thing after the other like this. I would imagine the stress would not be fun for a 70 year old man.

His latest press release is evidence that he is learning about how to handle these things, if he had done that in the first place, this thing would have calmed down. Trump's sycophants believe he "plays" the press but in reality the opposite happened. Being a reality star and a president are two totally different things.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I agree with you, @Emjay.  It just doesn't make sense to continue it now.  We don't need to hold back when he does something boneheaded, but to continue to bash before he's even taken office just doesn't make sense.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I agree with you, @Emjay.  It just doesn't make sense to continue it now.  We don't need to hold back when he does something boneheaded, but to continue to bash before he's even taken office just doesn't make sense.

The man has made a reality comedy TV show of our political process.  He deserves our full contempt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The man has made a reality comedy TV show of our political process.  He deserves our full contempt.

Not singlehandedly, he hasn't.  The Carters/Clintons/0bamas have made a mockery of us and our political process in cahoots with the media and much of academia.  Looks like Trump has turned it back on them, and I'm OK with that. 

Offline Rivergirl

The intelligence community will bypass DT and continue their daily briefing of Pence.   Whether Pence is going to have the madman's ear is another story.

Offline goatprairie

Even a number of the Trumptines at TOS are getting a little tired of His Royal Orangeness's twitter conniptions.  Of course, there are still quite a few who think he's actually "speakin truth to power" or some other idiot thing. But I'll bet a sizable pct. of Trump backers are wishing he'd cease with his dumb twitter remarks to everything said about him. His skin is thinner than a mosquito's.

Wingnut

I'm rather enjoying it. 
It is the next best thing to watching a Monkey Poop fight at the zoo.

Offline musiclady

Not singlehandedly, he hasn't.  The Carters/Clintons/0bamas have made a mockery of us and our political process in cahoots with the media and much of academia.  Looks like Trump has turned it back on them, and I'm OK with that.

I'm not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline musiclady

So, say more about that, @musiclady.  Why not?

Since you asked.  ^-^

I may be out of touch, but I have always felt that Republicans in general, and specifically our Presidents are more respectful and polite than Democrats.

I don't like the idea of "turning" anything back on Democrats, as much as they may deserve it.

I understand that much of the appeal of Trump was that he was crude and ignored civility, but I still believe in it.

I hope that clarifies a bit.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not.

You don't have to be okay with it.  How about a step back.  Trump is not your fault.  In my mind, he is better than Obama or Clinton ... at least so far.  He's embarrassing but, up to this point, that's been the worst of it.

I'd rather be embarrassed than have the Obamas in power.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Since you asked.  ^-^

I may be out of touch, but I have always felt that Republicans in general, and specifically our Presidents are more respectful and polite than Democrats.

I don't like the idea of "turning" anything back on Democrats, as much as they may deserve it.

I understand that much of the appeal of Trump was that he was crude and ignored civility, but I still believe in it.

I see now.  What I meant was that he is going around the press, and straight to the people, is using social media successfully, and is calling the MSM out.  That I like.

Offline musiclady

You don't have to be okay with it.  How about a step back.  Trump is not your fault.  In my mind, he is better than Obama or Clinton ... at least so far.  He's embarrassing but, up to this point, that's been the worst of it.

I'd rather be embarrassed than have the Obamas in power.

No argument with that........... and you can add "Hillary in power" to your last sentence.

I'm just not OK with having Republicans become as vile and nasty as Democrats have been.

I realize that I don't have to be OK with what's going on, but for me it has been enough of a downward slide for me to end my life long affiliation with the Republican party.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Since you asked.  ^-^

So, IOW.....you're okay with always 'turning the other cheek'.   

Why is that?   So that history will write that the Republicans were known for never punching back....that they were nice guys?

In case you haven't noticed....the one, single person to say "NUTS!" to that is taking the Oath a week from next Friday.

Get your nose off the bark, @musiclady
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

Why is that?   So that history will write that the Republicans were known for never punching back....that they were nice guys?

In case you haven't noticed....the one, single person to say "NUTS!" to that is taking the Oath a week from next Friday.

I'll give you the last word here, DC.  Otherwise you won't shut up......   :seeya:

Online DCPatriot

I'll give you the last word here, DC.  Otherwise you won't shut up......   :seeya:

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

If I may; to me there's a huge difference between turning the other cheek and civilly standing your ground for the Constitution and the rule of law and rising above the liberal rhetoric. There is no need to 'attack' back in a manner that is offensive.  Our elected officials represent us. Therefore, I personally would like my elected official(s) including the President to have some sort of respectable demeanor while he or she upholds the Constitution and acts accordingly.  I don't know about you, but I find it difficult to respect anyone that acts like a total jerk or spends time attacking others rather than addressing issues in an intelligent and civil manner.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

I see now.  What I meant was that he is going around the press, and straight to the people, is using social media successfully, and is calling the MSM out.  That I like.

Got it.

On that I agree.  I misunderstood your post.  Going around the rotten, leftist media is fine with me.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And when Planned Parenthood gets defunded, we know who not to thank.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 04:56:02 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump's already brought back jobs and is going to defund Planned Parenthood;

Little thanks to those so critical.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Okay.  Once again you make me hate Trump and the little zombies he rode in on.

I'm totally with Music Lady in wishing we had a classy Republican president instead of a clown.

Online DCPatriot

Okay.  Once again you make me hate Trump and the little zombies he rode in on.

I'm totally with Music Lady in wishing we had a classy Republican president instead of a clown.

Hmmm....flattering to see that, in your mind, I'm responsible for you "hating" Trump "once again".

"DID I DO THAT?" ....Merkel

And btw.....he's NOT "president" yet.   Let's see how he acts after 1/20/17.....like you said you would.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hmmm....flattering to see that, in your mind, I'm responsible for you "hating" Trump "once again".

"DID I DO THAT?" ....Merkel

And btw.....he's NOT "president" yet.   Let's see how he acts after 1/20/17.....like you said you would.

You are not responsible.  You just consistently remind me of what a bunch of jerks all the Trump fanatics were and are.  You think you are supporting him but you just turn people against him.

It's like the old saying, 'with friends like you ...'

Online libertybele

Agreed.  I see no reason or justification to tear him down before he's even sworn in. It is in the best interest of the Republican Party and this Country for him to succeed. It is however, everyone's responsibility to justly hold he's feet to the fire.  Once he's sworn in he works for each and every one of us.  We have every right to judge him and  to demand he tow the line.  If he fails we have every right to demand he be removed from office. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.