Author Topic: Brexit leader Farage to attend Trump inauguration  (Read 409 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Brexit leader Farage to attend Trump inauguration
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:12:41 am »
Brexit leader Farage to attend Trump inauguration
The Hill, Jan 5, 2017, Rebecca Savransky

British politician Nigel Farage, who campaigned for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, will attend President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration this month, Reuters reported Thursday.

Farage, the former leader of the U.K. Independent Party and a vocal Trump backer, will be a guest of Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant (R).

"The governor of Mississippi has invited me and I'm there for a few days and it's going to be a great, historic event," Farage told Sky News.

"In America they've had a political revolution and it's complete; the problem in Britain is our revolution is not complete because the same people are still in charge."

After Trump's victory, Farage, who helped lead the "Brexit" movement, said he would help the president-elect form a closer relationship between the U.S. and Britain.

"I would like, formally or informally, to do whatever I can to bring our great nations a bit closer together," he said in an interview on CNN.

"And I just happen to know a few people in his administration. I've clearly got Trump's confidence."

Farage was a passionate supporter of Trump on the campaign trail, stumping for Trump and criticizing Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. Both Farage and Trump frequently compared the U.S. election to the U.K.'s vote in June to leave the EU.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/312795-nigel-farage-to-attend-trump-inauguration

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 12:14:01 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Brexit leader Farage to attend Trump inauguration
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:15:21 am »