Author Topic: GOP to defund Planned Parenthood in ObamaCare repeal  (Read 917 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP to defund Planned Parenthood in ObamaCare repeal
« on: January 05, 2017, 07:03:17 pm »
GOP to defund Planned Parenthood in ObamaCare repeal
By Peter Sullivan - 01/05/17 12:23 PM EST

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday that defunding Planned Parenthood will be included as part of a bill to repeal ObamaCare.

Ryan said cutting off federal funds to the organization will be included in a “reconciliation” bill that also repeals the core of ObamaCare. The reconciliation process prevents Democrats from launching a filibuster against the measure, meaning Republicans won't need 60 votes to win on defunding.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/312852-gop-to-defund-planned-parenthood-in-obamacare-repeal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: GOP to defund Planned Parenthood in ObamaCare repeal
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 07:35:48 pm »
At the risk of being a negative Nelly:  All these things -- defunding Planned Parenthood, repealing Obamacare, term limits and so on -- all sound wonderful and would make me very happy.  BUT some little guy living in the back of my brain tells me that none of these things will be accomplished.  Term limits especially -- these lazy lumps won't want to give up their cushy jobs in 4 or 6 or however many years.  But I don't see these guys defunding Planned Parenthood or replacing Obamacare with anything short of single payer. 

As you all know, I don't like Trump, but if he could motivate Congress to do the right thing on all these issues, I will apologize to the Trump fans and hang my head in shame.  But again, that little guy tells me he won't.    Hope Trump can prove the little guy wrong.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:43:36 pm »
Obamacare is not where the PP funds came from. That means we are seeing "Mission Creep" in this bill already.

It might become so overloaded with non-germane additions that it has no chance of passing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:11 am »
Obamacare is not where the PP funds came from. That means we are seeing "Mission Creep" in this bill already.

It might become so overloaded with non-germane additions that it has no chance of passing.

And will abortion still be covered under the insurance?  I hope your wrong.  We need that repeal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 01:55:48 am »

This bill is being done in reconciliation. All they will need is simple majorities in both Houses. Any Pub who doesn't vote for it will have a real tough time when they run for re-election.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 01:59:25 am »
And will abortion still be covered under the insurance?  I hope your wrong.  We need that repeal.

Have faith! The time has come and the Pubs know it. They have everything they asked for, majorities in both Houses and the POTUS. If they don't do it now they will lose their majority pretty quickly. obamacare is dead and I think it's more than likely funding PP is gone as well.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 02:17:15 am »
More Kabuki theater by the feckless GOP.

It will be amazing to once again watch how many fall for it (as I once did).

"Well we TRIED to repeal ObamaCare and didn't have the votes".

"Why didn't you just defund it? You had that power, and you refused"

"Listen you little twerp - it's people like you that wanted us to shut the government down that caused so much trouble for our party.  We are NEVER going to allow the government to do that again.  So sit down now and shut up… but don't forget to vote for us in November."
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:20:45 am »

The pessimism on this forum would fill 50 suicide notes.

I am extremely hopeful and fairly convinced that Obamacare will be repealed.

Planned Parenthood should never have received a Federal penny.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 02:26:26 am »

Pessimism about the feckless GOP has been rightfully and dutifully earned due the fruits of their last 4 years madam.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 02:31:58 am »

I am extremely hopeful and fairly convinced that Obamacare will be repealed.

Planned Parenthood should never have received a Federal penny.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is really feeling good about whats happening. I'm sure obamacare is dead. They will pass a reconciliation bill killing all the funding and taxes. The House is attaching the defunding of PP to this same bill. We only have to worry about the Pubs in the Senate, not the brightest bunch but I think they see the consequences of not passing the bill.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 03:35:44 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is really feeling good about whats happening. I'm sure obamacare is dead. They will pass a reconciliation bill killing all the funding and taxes. The House is attaching the defunding of PP to this same bill. We only have to worry about the Pubs in the Senate, not the brightest bunch but I think they see the consequences of not passing the bill.
I'll smile from ear to ear and pray with you and Emjay.  Maybe it's gullibility but I'll applaud the show and shout Encore!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 04:03:34 am »

Yes. I hear ya. We should just leave well enough alone and focus on impeaching Donny.

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »
I'll smile from ear to ear and pray with you and Emjay.  Maybe it's gullibility but I'll applaud the show and shout Encore!

:amen:

I'm going to stay positive for at least the first 6 months. I think we will have a good idea then of what actually is going to get done. The media are going to do everything in their power to discourage us just like they always do. So I'm going to believe the Pubs will seize this once in a lifetime opportunity and do what they said they will do.

The defunding of PP is brilliant. Why keep giving 400+ million to a private business that sells aborted baby parts and is a big time supporter of Rats. The money will be redirected to medicaid and local health clinics. The only losers in this are the abortionists, baby part dealers and Rats.

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »
Yes. I hear ya. We should just leave well enough alone and focus on impeaching Donny.

:silly:

Thanks, it's always nice to start the day with a good laugh.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »
A large portion of the American public is under the assumption that Planned Parenthood is an official government agency.

I assume this false assumption derives from the fact that they've been around forever and receive the bulk of their funds through government grants.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 06:57:26 pm »

How dare we learn from history, dang us all.