Author Topic: Holder hired to help California fight Trump administration  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Holder hired to help California fight Trump administration
« on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:58 pm »
New immigrants to American are supplied with a handbook to help them assimilate to this country.  It includes common phrases that might confuse outsiders.  On page 16: "F**ckingCalifornia is two words, not one, but usually spoken together".

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/04/holder-hired-to-help-california-fight-trump-administration.html

Offline skeeter

Re: Holder hired to help California fight Trump administration
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:26:00 pm »
More Eric Holder.

Aren't I lucky.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:48:55 pm »
Anybody remember Eric Holder's initial claim to fame?

On August 11, 1999 Bill Clinton pardoned 16 members of FALN, the Puerto Rican terrorist group who were imprisoned for killing Americans in bombing attacks.  It was none other than Eric Holder who ramrodded these pardons through the system.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/05/bill_hillary_and_the_faln.html

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6396/exclusive-faln-victims-son-says-hillary-was-key-aaron-bandler

The terrorists didn't immediately accept the clemencies because they were hesitant to renounce violence, and then-Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder allowed the terrorists to have conference calls with each other–which isn't typically done in clemency cases–and ignored input from the FBI and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Three weeks into the terrorists' refusal to renounce violence, Clinton flipped and opposed her husband's decision to grant clemency due to the public backlash against it, only to flip yet again in favor of the clemencies when 14 out of the 16 terrorists agreed to renounce violence.

In 1998 plans were in the works for Hillary to run for office but she was hardly a popular public figure.  Running for office in Arkansas was ruled out due to the trail of corruption and dead bodies left behind when the Clintons left for Washington.  After putting out feelers in several states they settled on New York as their choice to make a run for the Senate.  In September of 1999 they purchased a five-bedroom home in Chappaqua, thereby clearing one of the chief obstacles in a Senate run - residency.

Still, Hillary was going to be a tough sell.  She could hardly claim to be one of their own and outside of New York city most residents of the state didn't take kindly to carpetbaggers.  Hillary was going to need all the help she could get.

New York city has always had a fairly large Puerto Rican population and so the bargain was struck - trade pardons for votes.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:26:37 pm »
When the Holy Land Foundation was suspected of funding terrorism an investigation was begun that would drag on for years.  During the trial, investigators testified that their efforts to gather evidence was constantly being thwarted from within.

These acts of stonewalling and obstruction eventually led back to none other than Eric Holder himself, by then Attorney General of the United States.  This led to a Congressional investigation that finally led to Holder sitting before members of Congress to testify.  When questioned by the likes of Louie Gohmert of Texas all Holder could provide the committee was even more stonewalling of the most deflective and obtuse design.

This, along with other Holder stonewalling, destruction of documents, and absolute refusal to comply with Congressional demands led to his Contempt of Congress charge.  Which in reality means nothing other than words on a piece of paper.

The critical element that is lacking in the case of Eric Holder is a Grand Jury.  Unlike Congressional testimony, Grand Jury testimony carries with it the penalty of prison time.  In other words real consequences.

As is true with the Clinton email scandals or any of dozens of other Obama Administration scandals, the key ingredient of a Grand Jury never seemed to ever materialize.  The reasons Grand Juries never seemed to materialize was that they carry with them the prospect of real consequences, plus they are typically initiated from within the Justice Department itself.

About a month from now would be an excellent time to begin a Grand Jury investigation into Eric Holder's ties to terrorist organizations.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:27:17 pm by Hondo69 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »
Is it me, or should we just round up the NY and CA politicians and put them in a big huge basket of deplorables and let them drift off into the abyss?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:55:01 pm »
The thing democrats are most expert at is draining public monies into their (private) pockets!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 05:07:15 pm »
The thing democrats are most expert at is draining public monies into their (private) pockets!

What Democrats are truly accomplished at doing is getting away with behavior that would certainly result in criminal charges and penalties if committed by Republicans.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:15:56 pm »
What Democrats are truly accomplished at doing is getting away with behavior that would certainly result in criminal charges and penalties if committed by Republicans.

Yeah! That to!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »

HUD is the source for Block Grants, via CDBG for Community Development Block Grants.

Their award is contingent om meeting certain metrics,, concerning housing and services for the "low and moderate income" residents.

In practice, cities (and states, counties) get money IF certain conditions are met.

An example would be building or renovating low-moderate housing. A big developer is required to set aside a fraction of units, for low-moderate income purposes.

There are many categories for grant monies. Over time cities become dependent on the grant system, for their budgets.

I am guessing but I expect housing illegal immigrants is a subject whereby a city gets money from grants.

So Holder is probably going to challenge the FedGov when Trump starts changing the requirements for grants.

My guess is Holder is expert at the legal-politics of the race game; plus he has allies in the (In)Justice Dept.

Repairing the whole system goes beyond what can be done in 4 or 8 years. And it goes way, way beyond Trump or Holder.

He will make a few appointments at the top of the departments, but everyone under them will be heavily invested in continuing business as usual.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 06:31:12 pm »
HUD is the source for Block Grants, via CDBG for Community Development Block Grants.

Their award is contingent om meeting certain metrics,, concerning housing and services for the "low and moderate income" residents.

In practice, cities (and states, counties) get money IF certain conditions are met.

An example would be building or renovating low-moderate housing. A big developer is required to set aside a fraction of units, for low-moderate income purposes.

There are many categories for grant monies. Over time cities become dependent on the grant system, for their budgets.

I am guessing but I expect housing illegal immigrants is a subject whereby a city gets money from grants.

So Holder is probably going to challenge the FedGov when Trump starts changing the requirements for grants.

My guess is Holder is expert at the legal-politics of the race game; plus he has allies in the (In)Justice Dept.

Repairing the whole system goes beyond what can be done in 4 or 8 years. And it goes way, way beyond Trump or Holder.

He will make a few appointments at the top of the departments, but everyone under them will be heavily invested in continuing business as usual.

Unelected government bureaucracies and the civil service rules that govern them are the single biggest problem we have in government IMHO!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:31:41 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »
Unelected government bureaucracies and the civil service rules that govern them are the single biggest problem we have in government IMHO!

The voting public must involve themselves, mainly during non working hours, for no compensation.

The government employees get paid, to pursue their agendas. I have witnessed it at the city level, and the school board level.

An example is "planning," for a new subdivision or shopping facility. The city staff hold the rulebook, and have already invested hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars before the local reviews take place.

If the city needs to generate "low income" housing, they have often cooked a deal with the builder.

Never mind the area residents want nothing to do with "low income" neighbors. They moved there in part, to get away from those people.

But nevertheless the staff push for the zoning, push for the requirements, because their very paychecks depend on grants from the FedGov, for instance.

Only the most wealthy jurisdictions can cut loose from the CDBGs (Community Development Block Grants) for low-moderate housing.

I knew a smart lady, real estate broker, who started and ran a business, to buy and rehab apartment buildings. She formed LLCs consisting of area builders. They could use their participation in these projects, to fulfill the number of low-moderate income units in an otherwise "market price" project.

Builders from very large down to small, could use this method. She died but I bet her plan lives on.

But the HUD funds go for many other purposes, too. Funding an activity qualifies, provided it can demonstrate its service to the "low-moderate" income population.

CATEGORIES OF ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES PAGE *
Acquisition of Real Property 2-3
Disposition 2-9
Public Facilities and Improvements 2-11
Clearance 2-18
Public Services 2-22
Interim Assistance 2-29
Relocation 2-33
Loss of Rental Income 2-35
Privately-Owned Utilities 2-36
Rehabilitation 2-38
Construction of Housing 2-47
Code Enforcement 2-51
Special Economic Development Activities 2-55
Microenterprise Assistance 2-63
Special Activities by CBDOs 2-66
Homeownership Assistance 2-73
Planning and Capacity Building 2-75
Program Administration Costs 2-77
Miscellaneous Other Activities 2-82

* from a big pdf document about CDBGs

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 08:16:51 pm »
The voting public must involve themselves, mainly during non working hours, for no compensation.

The government employees get paid, to pursue their agendas. I have witnessed it at the city level, and the school board level.

An example is "planning," for a new subdivision or shopping facility. The city staff hold the rulebook, and have already invested hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars before the local reviews take place.

If the city needs to generate "low income" housing, they have often cooked a deal with the builder.

Never mind the area residents want nothing to do with "low income" neighbors. They moved there in part, to get away from those people.

But nevertheless the staff push for the zoning, push for the requirements, because their very paychecks depend on grants from the FedGov, for instance.

Only the most wealthy jurisdictions can cut loose from the CDBGs (Community Development Block Grants) for low-moderate housing.

I knew a smart lady, real estate broker, who started and ran a business, to buy and rehab apartment buildings. She formed LLCs consisting of area builders. They could use their participation in these projects, to fulfill the number of low-moderate income units in an otherwise "market price" project.

Builders from very large down to small, could use this method. She died but I bet her plan lives on.

But the HUD funds go for many other purposes, too. Funding an activity qualifies, provided it can demonstrate its service to the "low-moderate" income population.

CATEGORIES OF ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES PAGE *
Acquisition of Real Property 2-3
Disposition 2-9
Public Facilities and Improvements 2-11
Clearance 2-18
Public Services 2-22
Interim Assistance 2-29
Relocation 2-33
Loss of Rental Income 2-35
Privately-Owned Utilities 2-36
Rehabilitation 2-38
Construction of Housing 2-47
Code Enforcement 2-51
Special Economic Development Activities 2-55
Microenterprise Assistance 2-63
Special Activities by CBDOs 2-66
Homeownership Assistance 2-73
Planning and Capacity Building 2-75
Program Administration Costs 2-77
Miscellaneous Other Activities 2-82

* from a big pdf document about CDBGs

Hell man! Here in Texas we allow our local government entities to use our tax money to send professional lobbyists to Austin and
lobby against the interests of those same taxpayers!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:18:16 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »
Hell man! Here in Texas we allow our local government entities to use our tax money to send professional lobbyists to Austin and
lobby against the interests of those same taxpayers!
Over 20 years ago, worked a bit on a worthy cause, to get city help.

The salaried city staff don't help at all. They have rules, priorities, plenty of favored causes already, so approval of a new one would come at the expense of their favorites.

They poured hundreds of thousands into a facility for runaway teens.

It questioned about occupancy, they had to report it only got occasional use. But it was staffed and maintained.

IOW it was a costly government solution for a non-existent problem. But if you argued against it, you were against children. (....."at risk" children)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 08:35:12 pm »
Is it me, or should we just round up the NY and CA politicians and put them in a big huge basket of deplorables and let them drift off into the abyss?

What a delightful idea!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.