Author Topic: Gingrich to Schumer: Be worried if Trump focuses on you  (Read 4543 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gingrich to Schumer: Be worried if Trump focuses on you
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:56:29 pm »

Gingrich to Schumer: Be worried if Trump focuses on you

By Louis Nelson

01/05/17 10:45 AM EST

New Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer should take a lesson from the past, Newt Gingrich said Thursday morning, and brace himself for the full force of a nickname form President-elect Donald Trump.

In twitter posts on each of the last two days, Trump has referred to Schumer or the Senate Democrats he leads as clowns, an early indication that he has sized up the New York Democrat for a nickname the likes of which helped sink any campaign opponent in his path.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-chuck-schumer-feud-newt-gingrich-233219
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Gingrich to Schumer: Be worried if Trump focuses on you
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »
Its a shame that people have no clue about the historical role of government yet respond so readily to a friggen schoolyard taunt.

Anyway, Schemer deserves it, if anyone does.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 04:29:44 pm »
TOS is giddy with Trump's tweet. I dislike Schumer as much as anyone, but Trump's remarks rival Harry Reid's for their crassness.

I don't see the level of discourse improving anytime soon.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:33:12 pm »
TOS is giddy with Trump's tweet. I dislike Schumer as much as anyone, but Trump's remarks rival Harry Reid's for their crassness.

We don't need discourse. Bush did that and he was destroyed. We need to knock this arrogant shit Scumer on his ass. He is a nasty creep and I am damn glad Donny is taking him head on.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 04:43:20 pm »
We don't need discourse. Bush did that and he was destroyed. We need to knock this arrogant shit Scumer on his ass. He is a nasty creep and I am damn glad Donny is taking him head on.

I agree - liberals are impervious to reason and are not responsive to gentlemanly discourse. Its time to try good ol' fashioned derision.

I just wish the public were as moved by reason as they are this kind of circus performance.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 05:02:12 pm »
I just wish the public were as moved by reason as they are this kind of circus performance.

When was that ever the case? Let me know when they start brandishing weapons on the floor of the Senate again and maybe I'll agree with you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »
I agree - liberals are impervious to reason and are not responsive to gentlemanly discourse. Its time to try good ol' fashioned derision.

I'm inclined to agree. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 05:16:01 pm »
He is a nasty creep and I am damn glad Donny is taking him head on.

He is an old reprobate, a miscreant, a slacker, a good-for-nothing degenerate and an all around douchebag.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 05:17:03 pm »
When was that ever the case? Let me know when they start brandishing weapons on the floor of the Senate again and maybe I'll agree with you.

I think its pretty clear that our society is collectively and measurably more stupid in terms of common sense than we were a hundred years ago. Hell we don't even know which bathroom we're supposed to use.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »
I'm inclined to agree.

I'm also inclined to change my mind about putting Trump's twitter thumb in a cast.  With the entire media despising Trump and taking shots at him daily (except for the embarrassing fawning of Fox News), Trump has found a way to go directly to The People.

It's not exactly a fireside chat but it is a potent weapon.

A lot of Trump's tweets make us cringe a little but they may also strike a little fear into the hearts of obnoxious liberals who have ruled the media roost so long, they think they are invulnerable.

If that clown Schumer is upset...I'm down with it.  Supercilious clown.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 05:23:45 pm »
I'm also inclined to change my mind about putting Trump's twitter thumb in a cast.  With the entire media despising Trump and taking shots at him daily (except for the embarrassing fawning of Fox News), Trump has found a way to go directly to The People.

A lot of Trump's tweets make us cringe a little but they may also strike a little fear into the hearts of obnoxious liberals who have ruled the media roost so long, they think they are invulnerable.

Yep, thats my point. Whether or not you or I understand its appeal, Twitter seems to be effective at reaching the less politically engaged. And there are more of them than there are of us. Anything to get around the leftist apostles in the media.

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking myself. 

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 05:32:14 pm »

I'm hoping some of Trump's never back down attitude gets instilled in the Pubs. I don't like the crude personal attacks from the campaign, but labeling the Rats "clowns" seems apt. I really enjoyed seeing the Pubs and VP Pence reminding the public that obamacare has been one lie after another. They need to keep doing this and if the Rats filibuster the new legislation end the filibuster. The Rats are the ones who opened that door. Let the Rats be the ones to reinstitute the filibuster the next time they have a majority in the Senate.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 05:36:49 pm »
Yep, thats my point. Whether or not you or I understand its appeal, Twitter seems to be effective at reaching the less politically engaged. And there are more of them than there are of us. Anything to get around the leftist apostles in the media.

First it was talk radio that awakened middle America. Now social media, due to the internet, has transformed how America gets it's information. I like the tweeting. It's changing everything. The media can't filter & slant the news as much.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 05:43:05 pm »
I've noticed we like his attitude better now that he's training his weapons down range, as opposed to against people we like.  This has always been a problem with Pubbies, they don't seem to know they're supposed to be shooting at Democrats, not ourselves. 

McStain and Linda haven't gotten the memo yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 05:44:15 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 05:46:00 pm »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »
Its a shame that people have no clue about the historical role of government yet respond so readily to a friggen schoolyard taunt.

Anyway, Schemer deserves it, if anyone does.

It's a brand new [political] world, @skeeter   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:00 pm »
It's a brand new [political] world, @skeeter   

Yeah, and I'm an ol' crank who doesn't get it.

But whatever. As long as I like the results.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

It's voters like you that have put the GOP into a box for the past 50+ years, with the thought process not to alienate and turn-off the Independents....that we need to be the "adults in the room".

Let's try something different, huh?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 05:51:02 pm »
We don't need discourse. Bush did that and he was destroyed. We need to knock this arrogant **** Scumer on his ass. He is a nasty creep and I am damn glad Donny is taking him head on.

Right on, @Frank Cannon !   888high58888

BTW....I love his use of "Schumer Clowns".

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 05:52:19 pm »

Where in the heck have you been the past year and a half?    :shrug:

The public WAS moved.   Say hello to 'POTUS' Trump.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 05:56:30 pm »

I was here for the entire, ugly performance.

But I have moved on and am hoping for the best.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 06:11:26 pm »

C'mon DC... back off a little.  You should be glad that some of us Trump haters are now cutting him some nice slack.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »
I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking myself.

Yeah, me too.