Author Topic: Gingrich: Worried Trump Admin Will 'Lose Its Nerve,' Give In to Left  (Read 1003 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Gingrich: Worried Trump Admin Will 'Lose Its Nerve,' Give In to Left
Sunday, January 1, 2017 11:35 AM

By: Cathy Burke

Trump ally Newt Gingrich says his big worry about President-elect Donald Trump's incoming administration is that they'll "lose their nerve" – and faced with flak from the left, "give in."

In an interview with ABC News' "This Week," the former Speaker of the House said the new Trump administration will have to take positions the "left will hate."

"Look, they're going to arrive in Washington, and for them to be successful they have to stake out positions that [Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Donna Brazile] will not like and the left will hate," Gingrich said.

"I'm worried that when they realize how big the problem is, that they decide that they're just going to do the best they can and give in."

Gingrich said he expects there to be considerable push-back on reform measures – from the environment to school choice.

"My deepest concern is that they're going to arrive, you're going to have the greens going crazy," he said.

"You're going to have the government employees going crazy about civil service reform. You're going to have the teachers union going crazy over school choice. And these are pretty nonnegotiable. I mean, if you're serious about school choice, there is no agreement with the teachers union."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/newt-gingrich-fear-trump-lose-nerve/2017/01/01/id/766341/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: Gingrich: Worried Trump Admin Will 'Lose Its Nerve,' Give In to Left
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 08:41:24 pm »
@mystery-ak

At this point in his life, he is like Ann Coulter - make an outrageous statement to get back in the limelight for a few minutes.  His statement a few days ago before this one, was, Trump was going to stop draining the swamp - which caused him to get attention before Trump said that was not true and Gingrich backed down from the statement.  Gingrich will come up with a new one in a few days to get his name back out there briefly, again.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »
@mystery-ak

At this point in his life, he is like Ann Coulter - make an outrageous statement to get back in the limelight for a few minutes.  His statement a few days ago before this one, was, Trump was going to stop draining the swamp - which caused him to get attention before Trump said that was not true and Gingrich backed down from the statement.  Gingrich will come up with a new one in a few days to get his name back out there briefly, again.

I think he's just realizing that Trump used the Gingrich name on the campaign trail but is now trying to get out of the way when the tree falls.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47:44 pm »
@mystery-ak

Exactly....Hannity, the only one who listens to Newt, has been on vacation and will be back tomorrow...I may have to tune into his radio show to see what he has to say about Newt and all his recent statements...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 08:54:12 pm »
Gingrich is senile.   Trump is the left pretending to be on the right. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 09:29:32 pm »
Gingrich is senile.   Trump is the left pretending to be on the right.

@Vulcan

Even if we had elected a solid conservative, the left, though small in numbers, have a large megaphone through the press. It would put pressure on anyone especially being trapped in DC.

But I do see were Gingrich is coming from.  Since Trump isn't grounded in conservatism, he'll more easily give in than  a Reagan or Goldwater

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 09:46:40 pm »

This will probably mark the end of Gingrich's access to Trump and his staff. Trump is what I would call semi-forgiving. He may give you a break once, possibly maybe even twice if you are lucky. But no more than that.

He gave Newt a break with the 'drain the swamp' narrative. But, I am fairly sure that this latest display of criticism and doubt, will most likely result in Gingrich getting locked out.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:37:21 am »
I think he's just realizing that Trump used the Gingrich name on the campaign trail but is now trying to get out of the way when the tree falls.

Pretty much.  Trump utilized the information he needed from Gingrich, decided he wouldn't make a good cabinet member and he is now irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 03:54:25 am »
Pretty much.  Trump utilized the information he needed from Gingrich, decided he wouldn't make a good cabinet member and he is now irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I think those who supported Trump who are now going after him are just upset cause they didn't get a job in the Trump administration.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 04:13:54 am »
Newt's often right but not this time.

Trump took on the media, the whole left-wing, the DNC; and yes, everyone else, including some Republicans but he's not going to now, "give in"; but maybe Newt is right to air some caution.

Sure, other candidates would have governed more conservatively per standard conservative values; but could they have gotten elected?

geronl

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 05:06:18 am »
Trump was and is part of the left.