Author Topic: Schumer worried Kerry 'has emboldened extremists'  (Read 741 times)

Online corbe

Schumer worried Kerry 'has emboldened extremists'
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:18:41 am »

Schumer worried Kerry 'has emboldened extremists'

By Daniel Chaitin (@danielchaitin7) • 12/28/16 7:58 PM

The incoming Democratic leader in the Senate offered a history lesson about the Gaza Strip to Secretary of State John Kerry after he delivered a speech Wednesday condemning Israeli settlements while expressing support for a two-state solution.

In particular, Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., took issue with Kerry's remarks about the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip, a small territory on the Mediterranean Coast from which Israel withdrew in 2005 in an attempt to ease tensions between Israelis and Palestinians.

"While Secretary Kerry mentioned Gaza in his speech, he seems to have forgotten the history of the settlements in Gaza, where the Israeli government forced settlers to withdraw from all settlements and the Palestinians responded by sending rockets from Gaza into Israel," Schumer said in a statement. "This is something that people of all political stripes in Israel vividly remember.

"While he may not have intended it," Schumer added, "I fear Secretary Kerry, in his speech and action at the U.N., has emboldened extremists on both sides. "

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/schumer-worried-kerry-has-emboldened-extremists/article/2610507

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Schumer worried Kerry 'has emboldened extremists'
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 04:21:44 am »
   Could this be a further fractioning of the DEM party?  Or, is Schumer playing up to his donors and as soon as the Camera's disappear, so will he?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:27:11 am »
I think neither.

Even liberals have causes they believe in which cross the aisle, as it were. Schumer is pro-Israel, always has been. Not too surprised he spoke out.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:44:04 am »
I think neither.

Even liberals have causes they believe in which cross the aisle, as it were. Schumer is pro-Israel, always has been. Not too surprised he spoke out.

This.

Schumer has a long track record of being pro-Israel.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:45 am »
Never thought I would say this but Schumer is right.  They are going to increase the terrorist attacks against Israel.  They will also try to convict Israel of war crimes as they continue to launch rockets into Israel.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.