Author Topic: Rush: The History of the '80s Repeats Itself: Left Freaks Out Over Nuclear Arms Race  (Read 997 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/12/23/the_history_of_the_80s_repeats_itself_left_freaks_out_over_nuclear_arms_race

The History of the '80s Repeats Itself: Left Freaks Out Over Nuclear Arms Race
December 23, 2016
Listen to it Button

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: You know, folks, I've always said that I wanted to get older.  I have always been of the opinion that no matter how old I was that people older than I was had more freedom, had more success, were thus enjoying life more.  And it's true.  I mean, there are other benefits to it now, though.  One of the real benefits -- and this is something that you think is not gonna matter when you're younger 'cause you think you know everything and whatever you learn from there on out is just gonna buttress what you already know.

However, there is nothing aside from aging, living more, getting older that can substitute for experience.  And so I am able to bring to you a unique perspective not found in most media, certainly not the Drive-By Media, anywhere where the practitioners of the art are under 35, maybe 40.  And what I'm talking about is the new onset panic over what appears to be a desired nuclear arms race by Donald Trump.

I am watching the history of the eighties begin to repeat itself.  For those of you that were not old enough in the eighties when Reagan was president, or for those of you not yet born, do not doubt me.  What is happening here as the result of one Trump comment on the nuclear arms race involving Putin and Sean Spicer, it is identical, the left is, to the way they were panicked and afraid and just basically unhinged back in the 1980s.

In the 1980s, the threat, according to the left, was Reagan.  Reagan was a dunce, an idiot, a cowboy, and he cracked jokes about bombing the Soviet Union, and he hated communism and he thought that it ought to be done away with. And so the learned people in our country and in the U.K. and what then became the European Union, all believed that the savior, the salvation, the lone hope to avoid a nuclear holocaust was whoever was running the Soviet Union.

And of course those guys kept dying.  And that led to the ascension to the Kremlin throne of Mikhail Gorbachev, and he literally became Christ-like to the left in terms of his lone ability to make sure that Reagan didn't blow up the world.  We had Hollywood celebrity children that would go on the then Phil Donahue show and literally break down in hysterical tears telling everybody that they had no idea what it was like to grow up with the threat of nuclear holocaust hanging over them every day.

I remember one such program featuring Laura Dern and Phil Donahue trying to comfort her but the tears required 15 boxes of Kleenex.  And it's all starting to repeat here.  It's amazing.  And this is the benefit of my having worked in that period of time in this business, and have lived through it.  And thus am able to provide for you context and understanding and once again what we do best here, and that is dissect and break down the left, deconstruct liberalism, and explain to you what's going on.

It is the big news of the day.  And we have to lift our ban on whatever happens at PMSNBC because that's really where some of this began.  Sean Spicer is the new White House press secretary.  He was out there today, he was on MSNBC with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, whose father, by the way, was Zbig, Zbigniew Brzezinski.  He was the national security adviser for Jimmy Carter during Carter's presidency.

Mika Brzezinski's dad was the first person Jimmy Carter spoke to every day of his presidency.  Got the daily brief, but Zbig was in there.  Whenever Carter got to the Oval Office, Zbig was in there waiting.  He was this primo adviser on all the international stuff, the foreign policy and itinerant nuclear issues and so forth.  And what happened was that Spicer was talking about what Trump meant with his tweet about an arms race.

They went to a commercial break, and Trump called Spicer and said, "Put Mika the on phone." So Spicer put Mika on the phone during a commercial break at MSNBC, and that's when Trump said, "Let there be an arm's race."  And she about lost it.  She came back from the break panicked, and now the rest of the media today is in meltdown, because presidents are not supposed to call one person in a commercial break and talk to 'em, this isn't how it's done.

And the media all morning since this happened has been having roundtable discussions on how Spicer doesn't know what he's doing and Trump doesn't know what he's doing. I was watching Judith Miller on Fox (paraphrasing), "We have a constitutional role, and I don't care what he thinks, he just can't erase it, he can't wipe us out. So he better know, we're gonna be here, he's gonna be there, but he better know, we're gonna be here.  I just can't wait for this 'cause they can't compete with this.

Folks, they are ticked off that Trump in a 140-character tweet can literally overwhelm and erase whatever they're doing in 750 to a thousand words or however many they vomit on TV.

But we've got news besides that.  We have Joe Biden -- it is amazing now that the Democrats have lost -- oh, by the way, Putin not making any -- he's out there saying the Democrats were gonna lose and he knew the Democrats were gonna lose and that they deserved to lose, and Putin's out there saying that they're sore losers.  That's got 'em even more ticked.  That Putin happens to like Trump.  That's got 'em scared to death.

You ought to see Nate Silver, the FiveThirtyEight, the pollster guru.  He's got a chart of the only people that would survive a nuclear blast.  It was one red state. (laughing)  I mean, this is hysteria.  Oops.  It's impossible have everything within arm's reach here.  Okay.  Headline: "Nate Silver’s Post-'Nuclear Holocaust’ Electoral Map Goes Viral."

This is too much fun!  You know, I've been through it.  That's what I was trying to tell you, I've been through all of this.  Every liberal crackup there has been.  That liberal crackup on JetBlue yesterday with Ivanka Trump, it's a liberal crackup.  Can you imagine if somebody had done that to Chelsea Clinton?  If Chelsea Clinton had deigned to fly coach and been on there with Marc Mezvinsky, can you imagine somebody getting on JetBlue and making a scene out of the fact that Chelsea was there, can you imagine what the media would be doing with that.

Oh, I shudder to.  Or if one of the Obama girls had been on the plane and somebody said, "What are they doing here?  I refuse to get on this airplane. Why don't they get off."  Can you imagine what the media would do with that.

"Nate Silver’s Post-'Nuclear Holocaust’ Electoral Map Goes Viral." (laughing)

So you know the liberals to whom Silver is godlike, they're reading this, they're posting it, they're passing it around/ Drudge even has a story where it's liberals who are stocking up on canned goods and nonperishable items 'cause they think we're gonna die next week. Before climate change gets us, now nuclear warfare is gonna get us.

They are inconsolable.  They thought they had at least 30 years 'til climate change wiped us out.  Now it could be tomorrow because Trump wants a new nuclear arms race. Folks, I'm gonna put all this in perspective and I'm gonna explain to you how Trump has beaten Putin here in this.  Putin's already backing down from this.  I'll get to that in just a minute, but this is just too much fun.  There are actually two states, Mr. Snerdley, two states on the electoral map. "If only people who weren't burnt to a crisp in the nuclear holocaust voted," that is the title of the chart.

I'm so glad I didn't take this week off.  I can't tell you.  "Here's what the electoral map would look like if only people who were not burnt to a crisp in the nuclear holocaust voted," and the two states are red states.  They are Alaska and Wyoming, the only place voters would survive in a Trump nuclear war with Putin.  Phil Donahue may come out of retirement for this!  Vladimir Posner may come back from the Soviet Union and guest host with him.  There were a lot of people that got rich and really famous during the first nuclear arms race.  And they might be tempted to come back and do it all again.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  By the way, folks, let me make an observation to you.  Has the media once, have they once been concerned about a nuclear arms race with Iran?  They've not, have they?  I mean, the president of the United States has actually negotiated a deal that permits the state sponsor of terrorism, largest state sponsor of terrorism acknowledged by everybody in the world, Iran, to ramp up and get nuclear weapons.

Is the media, is the Democrat Party, anybody worried about that nuclear arms?  No way, because Obama's involved and we don't dare criticize Obama because Obama's smarter than all the rest of us.  What Trump is doing is shutting down the expansion of nuclear weapons that Putin is engaging in because of Obama!  Obama has unilaterally chosen to disarm or reduce our nuclear arsenal without getting appropriate concessions from Putin or anybody else while ramping up the Iranian nuclear program.

I'll explain this to you, but the upshot of this is that Putin has blinked in response to what Trump said about, "Let's have an arms race" because Putin knows they lost the last one.  They can't keep up with us.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Rush and the rest of the trump freaks need to stop pretending that all those who oppose Trump are "the left"

Trump is much more left than a lot of his stalwart opposition

This is one of the reasons they aren't taken seriously any more.