Author Topic: We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!  (Read 1803 times)

Offline corbe

I'm not sure this twitter diplomacy is all it cracked up to be. This may not end well.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Trump to China: On second thought, just keep the drone you stole   
25 mins ago by JD Rucker   

President-elect Donald Trump is sharpening his foreign relations skills in the most Trumpian way. He started the day off with a good message that unfortunately contained a spelling mistake. Then, he got it right, calling China out for stealing the naval drone from international waters. So far, so good, other than the spelling gaffe.

Eleven hours later, after China had agreed to give back the drone, Trump decided that we don’t want our drone back after all.

Trump tells China to keep the drone

I wasn’t the only person to had to double check to make sure it wasn’t a parody account.

Let’s put aside, for a moment, the fact that he really shouldn’t be using Twitter for foreign policy random thoughts. Just today I admitted that I liked the idea of a POTUS giving real-time updates through the platform, but once again I have to put my foot back in my mouth.

The real issue here is that one of two things just happened: Either he was being sarcastic or he’s serious. If he’s being sarcastic, one does not have to be a seasoned diplomat or master negotiator to know that sarcasm doesn’t play well in foreign affairs. It’s sort of a given. As much as I’d like to assume Trump knows this, he’s shocked me too many times in the past to take that for granted.

If we’re going with option two that he’s being serious, then I’ll hold myself back from using the appropriate curse-laden exclamations of bewilderment. Is he taking his upcoming role of Commander-in-Chief seriously? Does he realize that we’re not in hypothetical mode anymore because he’s the actual President-elect now?

I won’t say it’s the most irresponsible thing he’s Tweeted since winning the election (there have been so many) but it may be the most troubling. If this would be his actual policy if he were President today, my worst nightmares about his presidency pale in comparison. This was supposed to be one of the areas where he had strength. Does he not realize
that the childish retort akin to “I didn’t want it anyway” is a crystal clear display of military weakness?

<..snip..>

http://thenewamericana.com/2016/12/17/trump-china-second-thought-just-keep-drone-stole/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LadyLiberty

It's like a little kid trying to get a toy back and then when they do, they push away and say that they never wanted it anyway.

Offline corbe

He wouldn't have tweeted that if he knew China could hack his tanning booth.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Maybe Trump has alzheimer's? Tourettes?  :shrug:

HonestJohn

China's response?

"Okay.  Thanks for the drone.  We'll be helping ourselves to more, as you don't want them."

Offline corbe

It's a classic case of SDS (Small Digit Syndrome), in this local it is characterized by the overwhelming desire to have a truck as big and as expensive as your house, with belt buckle to match.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
China's response?

"Okay.  Thanks for the drone.  We'll be helping ourselves to more, as you don't want them."

Bingo, next time it will be something bigger.

We shouldn't forget, our warships visit Chinese ports.

HonestJohn

I wonder how soon Hawaii will be a Chinese protectorate?

Trump would, if this is prelude, give it to them.

(that said, it'd probably be a better deal for Hawaii than to stay in a nation of imbeciles)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Ben Howe ‏@BenHowe 55m55 minutes ago

“I DON”T WANT THE STUPID DRONE BACK! YOU’RE UGLY AND STUPID! AND I WAS ABOUT TO GIVE IT AWAY ANYWAY!!!” #RunsAwayCrying

Offline goodwithagun

You nevertrumpers just don't get it. They're looking right but Trump's working left. It's eighth dimensional chess. Art of the deal. Yuge. Have you seen how hot his daughter is? Exactly. Trust him.  22222frying pan
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fantom

Of course... it could be a Phishing expedition.....

.... Go ahead and download that software China..... I HATE that Brair patch.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Vulcan

Elect an orange buffoon, you get an orange buffoon.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
His tweet doesn’t even make sense.

We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!

“stole back”? That makes it sound as if it was China’s in the first place.

22222frying pan
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause