Author Topic: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol  (Read 3990 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »

Bible belt was his stronghold, he sure didn't win anywhere in the South Proper, not NC, no wins anywhere.

That is an outright lie.  He won the South's largest state, Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2016, 08:24:48 pm »
Yes more and more people are seeing Cruz for what he is; a Christian constitutional conservative with integrity.  I would love to meet him one day, it would be an absolute honor!  I have sent him an e-mail to express my gratitude for his prayers.
I met him over a friend's house when he was in the runoff for Senator with Dewhurst.

Remarkable, clear speaking, friendly and yes, down to earth.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 08:39:04 pm »
This will not go over well on TOS.

I hate it when I get to these threads late!

I thought TOS might have recovered some decency now that the election is over.  The first thing I see is a news item about Cruz with 81 posts, 79 of which expressed vitriolic hatred for Cruz. 

I don't get it.  They like Hitler better than Cruz.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »

Nuff said

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 09:02:11 pm »

I thought TOS might have recovered some decency now that the election is over.  The first thing I see is a news item about Cruz with 81 posts, 79 of which expressed vitriolic hatred for Cruz. 

People tend to not like what they feel threatens them.  So, the question is: what is it about Cruz that they find threatening?

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 09:12:48 pm »

@musiclady
A 70 year-old president who colors his hair and frequents the tanning salon...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »
People tend to not like what they feel threatens them.  So, the question is: what is it about Cruz that they find threatening?

He's an intelligent, honest Constitutionalist??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 09:48:37 pm »
He's an intelligent, honest Constitutionalist??

I was thinking some of those who jump on any thread mentioning Cruz (and a lot of threads which don't) to say ugly things about Cruz would let us know why they feel that way.  Not sure where they went.  :shrug:

Silver Pines

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 09:54:09 pm »
If only those were the worst of his "issues"......     :shrug:

@musiclady

I can't argue with that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 09:56:22 pm »
I met him over a friend's house when he was in the runoff for Senator with Dewhurst.

Remarkable, clear speaking, friendly and yes, down to earth.

@IsailedawayfromFR

That's the impression I've always had.  During the primaries, someone asked the question, "Which candidate would you prefer to have a beer with?"  For me, Cruz won, hands down.

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 09:57:08 pm »

@ConstitutionRose

I notice that Kanye West is moving up in their estimation.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 10:22:21 pm »

@ConstitutionRose

I notice that Kanye West is moving up in their estimation.

Bill Cosby needs to get to NY and kiss some Trump Rump, his reputation could use the help.

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2016, 10:30:42 pm »
Bill Cosby needs to get to NY and kiss some Trump Rump, his reputation could use the help.

Instant rehabilitation. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2016, 11:04:56 pm »
I was thinking some of those who jump on any thread mentioning Cruz (and a lot of threads which don't) to say ugly things about Cruz would let us know why they feel that way.  Not sure where they went.  :shrug:

I don't think they deal well with direct, honest questions very well.

It usually makes them run and hide.

The truth of the matter is, there's nothing to hate about Ted Cruz.

Ergo, hating him is completely irrational.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 11:21:19 pm »

@musiclady

It's not often that the the two in question respond to questions.  "Post and run" is more their style.

According to what I read here yesterday, there are hardcore Trumpists who are more comfortable trying to dig up personal information about those who disagree with them---names, home addresses, etc.  I don't know which ones, specifically, and it might be something in the past that was tried and given up.

I hope so, because if I catch someone trying that with me, they better be prepared to go the whole way with it. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »

I still drop in to lurk from time to time, increasingly less frequently. Its monotonous & dull, same old mutually supporting crap.

The only time they really get their backs up anymore is when someone mentions Cruz, then it becomes a race to see who can express their contempt most creatively.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 11:54:06 pm »

@musiclady

It's not often that the the two in question respond to questions.  "Post and run" is more their style.

According to what I read here yesterday, there are hardcore Trumpists who are more comfortable trying to dig up personal information about those who disagree with them---names, home addresses, etc.  I don't know which ones, specifically, and it might be something in the past that was tried and given up.

I hope so, because if I catch someone trying that with me, they better be prepared to go the whole way with it.

I know that one of the most obnoxious trumper here tried that in the past.  Not surprising, I guess.

I hope it's under control, because if it happened again, then I would think the only rational response would be permanent banishment.  If it's not illegal, it should be.  It goes way beyond vindictive.......... and trump loyalists are nothing, if not vindictive.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2016, 12:15:46 am »

IMHO I believe Cruz was the biggest threat to the DEMS; they created the hatred and misconceptions about Cruz and members of his own party realize that he's the real deal; he didn't become a member of the Washington cartel; they tried to make him a member in the very beginning and he didn't budge a whole lot.  When both sides realized that enormous momentum he had behind him they had to say and do whatever they could to make him unappealing.  Certainly the Constitution is so outdated and doesn't apply to modern and young America and Christianity has become taboo; Cruz represents both.  Trouble is; his followers want to adhere to the Constitution and believe in Christian values...so ...it was either Cruz or Trump and they decided on Trump; certainly he'd never beat Hillary ... and the rest is history!   :patriot:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2016, 01:23:25 am »
I still drop in to lurk from time to time, increasingly less frequently. Its monotonous & dull, same old mutually supporting crap.

The only time they really get their backs up anymore is when someone mentions Cruz, then it becomes a race to see who can express their contempt most creatively.

That's unfortunate, @skeeter.  Your posts are always pithy and well-thought out.  I enjoy reading them.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2016, 01:29:52 am »
That's unfortunate, @skeeter.  Your posts are always pithy and well-thought out.  I enjoy reading them.

Thanks very much, Sanguine. Your saying so is greatly appreciated!

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2016, 01:37:56 am »
IMHO I believe Cruz was the biggest threat to the DEMS; they created the hatred and misconceptions about Cruz and members of his own party realize that he's the real deal; he didn't become a member of the Washington cartel; they tried to make him a member in the very beginning and he didn't budge a whole lot.  When both sides realized that enormous momentum he had behind him they had to say and do whatever they could to make him unappealing.  Certainly the Constitution is so outdated and doesn't apply to modern and young America and Christianity has become taboo; Cruz represents both.  Trouble is; his followers want to adhere to the Constitution and believe in Christian values...so ...it was either Cruz or Trump and they decided on Trump; certainly he'd never beat Hillary ... and the rest is history!   :patriot:

Hence it would be delightful if Trump appointed Cruz for Scotus.

Can you imagine that burr which will last maybe 40-50 years in their saddle?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2016, 01:43:51 am »

I know EXACTLY how you feel and I'm the same!  There seems to be very little if any serious discussion of anything here these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2016, 01:44:32 am »
Hence it would be delightful if Trump appointed Cruz for Scotus.

Can you imagine that burr which will last maybe 40-50 years in their saddle?

Republicans would love a chance to embarrass Ted Cruz by voting against his confirmation.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2016, 01:53:21 am »
Republicans would love a chance to embarrass Ted Cruz by voting against his confirmation.

Nah ... confirming his appointment to the Supreme Court would get him out of their hair in the Senate.  Quite honestly, I think we're better off having him right where he's at.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.