Author Topic: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol  (Read 3988 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Definitely a big Amen on this one!     :0001:     :amen:

'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol

2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz recently held a prayer meeting with conservative pastors and members of Congress on Capitol Hill.

The meeting was held to pray against Satan's power on Capitol Hill and was organized by Wallbuilders and the Jefferson Gathering, reported by Right Wing Watch.

Wallbuilders is a conservative organization run by evangelical author and activist David Barton, and the Jefferson Gathering is a prayer organization developed by Skyline Church, where Jim Garlow is the lead pastor.

"Sen. Ted Cruz was eloquent as usual. He came through a bruising election - and continues to be a profound & significant voice in the Senate. Thank God for him!" Garlow wrote on Facebook.

"There are at least 5 or 6 pastors...in Congress. Congressman Jody Hice - GA - is one of those & was my friend before he went to the US House of Representatives. These are the type of high quality people who are representing you," he said in another post.

"The problem has been in the White House & 5 of the Justices of the SCOTUS. The problem is NOT the Congress," he added. ..

...The group prayed in the Kennedy Caucus Room in the Capitol and in the U.S. Senate chamber, also led by Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas.

"We got on our knees... and it sounded almost like a labor room as people were crying out to God for the revival that Chaplain Black believes is coming and that we believe is coming," Kistler said.

"To do that in the Senate chamber was an absolutely astounding opportunity," he added. "And again it puts an exclamation point on the Senate chaplain's assessment that revival is on the way and may indeed begin in the halls of Congress."

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2016/december/revival-is-on-the-way-ted-cruz-joins-prayer-battle-in-the-capitol
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Re: 'Revival Is on the Way:' Ted Cruz Joins Prayer Battle in the Capitol
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 04:41:47 pm »
This will not go over well on TOS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 04:50:38 pm »
How long before the prayer rugs arrive?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:57:12 pm »
This will not go over well on TOS.

I may not be the world's greatest Christian but I gotta love and respect those who walk the walk loud and proud.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 05:06:18 pm »
I may not be the world's greatest Christian but I gotta love and respect those who walk the walk loud and proud.
Ditto that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 06:24:24 pm »

What does that mean, @Right_in_Virginia?  You are aware that they are Christians and Christians don't need prayer rugs?  Or, was that supposed to be cute somehow?

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:07 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 06:54:09 pm »
May it be so.

Revival is the only thing that can save America right now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 07:33:39 pm »
May it be so.

Revival is the only thing that can save America right now.

:amen:  Yes this was certainly refreshing to read, except for the fact that the MSM isn't bothering to print the story; shame on them!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 07:40:36 pm »
What does that mean, @Right_in_Virginia?  You are aware that they are Christians and Christians don't need prayer rugs?  Or, was that supposed to be cute somehow?

Don't be a smartarse @Sanguine.  It's above your pay grade.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 07:42:00 pm »

Prayer rugs were never even ordered, but an abundance of Bibles, Crucifixes, Rosaries, Crosses and Prayer Shawls have already been delivered.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 07:43:13 pm »
Don't be a smartarse @Sanguine.  It's above your pay grade.

I think you're projecting.  What exactly did you mean?  @Right_in_Virginia

If you don't know, I'm not sure how you expect anyone else to understand your comment.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 07:45:28 pm »

I knew someone would come along to  piss on Ted Cruz for doing this.  Godless people just can't stand it when others practice their faith.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 07:49:44 pm »
revival is not on the way

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 07:54:17 pm »
revival is not on the way

Is there any topic that you have a positive outlook or comment on?  Just wondering.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »

When I tell people I love God, most of them make fun of me.  But, instead of arguing, I make note, and pray for them that night.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »

You are an idiot.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »
:amen:  Yes this was certainly refreshing to read, except for the fact that the MSM isn't bothering to print the story; shame on them!

Unfortunately, they always ignore stories that positively reflect on Christians.

Check out how much attention they pay to the March for Life every January....  zero.

They just want to call Dylan Roof, Timothy McVeigh and Adolf Hitler Christians and leave it at that.....    **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 08:15:32 pm »
When I tell people I love God, most of them make fun of me.  But, instead of arguing, I make note, and pray for them that night.

She won't like that.   :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 01:41:57 am »

Could you be anymore disrespectful and disgusting?

Thisnwas one of those times you shoukd have shown some self restraint and not said anything. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 01:49:14 am »
Could you be anymore disrespectful and disgusting?

Thisnwas one of those times you shoukd have shown some self restraint and not said anything.

No.  Prayer sessions on government property will be open to all faiths, including Islam ... hence the prayer rugs will arrive.

It would not surprise me if Muslims push for a prayer room in the Senate building, if they don't have one already, and pray for the intersession of Allah in the government of the United States.

I'm not going to like that, but there won't be a darn thing I can do about it.   :shrug:

I offer no apology if this offends you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 02:15:42 am »
No.  Prayer sessions on government property will be open to all faiths, including Islam ... hence the prayer rugs will arrive.

It would not surprise me if Muslims push for a prayer room in the Senate building, if they don't have one already, and pray for the intersession of Allah in the government of the United States.

I'm not going to like that, but there won't be a darn thing I can do about it.   :shrug:

I offer no apology if this offends you.

You weren't concerned about Muslims or whether they will bw allowed to pray or not.

You just thought you had an opportunity to take a completely uncalled for and gratuitous shot at Cruz.

You failed miserably and ended up looking like a complete fool.

Again you should have engaged your brain and passed this thread by.

But your blind unwarranted hatred prevents you from thinking clearly.

Sad...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:16:24 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 02:20:03 am »
You weren't concerned about Muslims or whether they will bw allowed to pray or not.

You just thought you had an opportunity to take a completely uncalled for and gratuitous shot at Cruz.

Don't presume to tell me what I think @txradioguy   You lack the intellect and the skill.

Watching paint dry is a better use of my time than using it to think about Cruz, gratuitously or otherwise.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 02:26:04 am »

You failed miserably and ended up looking like a complete fool.

Again you should have engaged your brain and passed this thread by.

But your blind unwarranted hatred prevents you from thinking clearly.

Sad...

Give it up, @txradioguy, you don't have what it takes to be both that trite and shallow and angry and ugly, all at the same time.

You're in the presence of a master.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:29:17 am by Sanguine »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 02:37:29 am »
Don't presume to tell me what I think @txradioguy   You lack the intellect and the skill.

No one has to presume anything...you make it quite obvious to even a blind man.

And no skill is required to deal with a Trumpkin like you.

Watching paint dry is a better use of my time than using it to think about Cruz, gratuitously or otherwise.

And yet here you are...with Cruz living rent free in your head.

If you weren't thinkimg about him like you claim....you wouldn't have felt the need to come in here and make the comment you made.