Author Topic: These 18 Celebrities Who Promised To Move If Trump Was Elected Can Get On That Now  (Read 837 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 These 18 Celebrities Who Promised To Move If Trump Was Elected Can Get On That Now

Like clockwork, every four years we learn that this-or-that comedian or starlet will move elsewhere if the Republican candidate wins. Please. Go.

By Ilya Shapiro
December 12, 2016

Schadenfreude was always the best reason to vote for Donald Trump—even better than the Supreme Court. Even those of us who didn’t vote for him have enjoyed the guilty pleasure of watching social justice warriors’ heads explode, Millennial snowflakes hold collegiate cry-ins, and media personalities go crazy. It’s the gift that keeps on giving into the holiday season!

But the most delicious pleasure-from-others’-pain has come from entertainment celebrities, the most vapid people whose political views and endorsements we nevertheless can’t go a campaign season without hearing. Like clockwork, every four years, in addition to hearing about how it’s “the most important election of our lifetimes,” we learn that this-or-that comedian or starlet will move elsewhere if the Republican candidate wins. This year, of course, that angst reached Trumpian proportions.

more
http://thefederalist.com/2016/12/12/18-celebrities-promised-move-trump-elected-can-get-now/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online goatprairie

Well, we knew from the start that all those liberal crybabies would renege on their promises. The next time they promise to move someone should have them sign a legal document under penalty of loss of millions of dollars if they fail to move. These stooges got many people voting for Trump simply under the hope that his win would force those liberal dopes out of the country.
It didn't work, and I think those people who voted for Trump under that understanding are owed money by these lying celebs.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, we knew from the start that all those liberal crybabies would renege on their promises. The next time they promise to move someone should have them sign a legal document under penalty of loss of millions of dollars if they fail to move. These stooges got many people voting for Trump simply under the hope that his win would force those liberal dopes out of the country.
It didn't work, and I think those people who voted for Trump under that understanding are owed money by these lying celebs.

I don't know what conservatives give them any attention at all.

Its what they want most of all.

Offline Millee

George Lopez claims he's still leaving.  We'll see.  :seeya:

Offline kidd

•Bryan Cranston
•Raven-Symoné (Cosby kid)
•Neve Campbell, (already Canadian)
•Chloë Sevigny
•Lena Dunham
•Barbra Streisand
•Chelsea Handler (has a house in Spain already)
•Amy Schumer
•George Lopez
•Samuel L. Jackson
•Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
•Billy Crystal
•Miley Cyrus
•Al Sharpton
•Whoopi Goldberg
•Spike Lee
•Cher
•Jon Stewart

Except for Billy Crystal, who I thought was apolitical, none of these will be missed

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

I've been pushing that idea too.  I call the doc they should sign a "conditional renunciation of citizenship."
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
No one every accused them of being the smartest bunch, they probably just need a helping hand.

Toward that end a Moving Guide should be prepared - using private funds of course, though I cannot think of a better use of taxpayer dollars.

Offline uglybiker

It's for the most part the same bunch that threatened to leave in 2000 and 2004.
And out of all those who said they were leaving, I can only remember one who actually did. And that was Robert Altman.

And for that he has my respect.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Applewood

I suppose most of these celebs are unaware of the downsides to living in most foreign countries.  One big negative is usually taxation.  A number of these countries heavily penalize the wealthy through high taxes.  I believe at one point, France was imposing a 90% tax rate on the rich.  Seems to me that when most of these crybabies realize they will be hit hard in the wallet, suddenly decide they are better off staying here. 

Offline JustPassinThru

The Left has no regard for either honesty or integrity.  We should be surprised that they don't make-good on their threats?