Author Topic: Town Forced To Remove Cross From Christmas Tree After Being Sued By ACLU For Causing "Irreparable Harm"  (Read 809 times)

rangerrebew

Town Forced To Remove Cross From Christmas Tree After Being Sued By ACLU For Causing "Irreparable Harm"
By Bradley Cortright
16 hours ago

Christmas trees are a common sight in public spaces during the holiday season. Knightstown, Indiana, is no exception.

The small town, population 2,000, has hosted a Christmas tree in the town square for as long as anyone can remember. Atop that Christmas tree sits a lighted cross, symbolizing the life of Jesus Christ, whose birth is traditionally celebrated on Christmas.
Sponsored Video: Get to Know Rex Tillerson
Image Credit: Screenshot/Fox 59

That cross stood until this year. Now, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed a lawsuit against the town demanding that the cross be removed from the Christmas tree.

Fox 59 reports that, in the complaint filed in the U.S. District Court, resident Joseph Tompkins alleged the cross is causing him “irreparable harm.”

http://ijr.com/2016/12/753883-town-forced-to-remove-cross-from-christmas-tree-after-being-sued-by-aclu-for-causing-irreparable-harm/
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:42:17 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Yeeeeeeoooooow, I think I'm going blind from the mere picture of it. *bouche*

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I hope the fine citizens of Kingston are inundating the tree with crosses now. 

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I'm traumatized by the mention of ACLU, where do I go for my free counseling for this trigger word?

Offline skeeter

This is what is classically known as 'overplaying one's hand'.

The pendulum will swing back, that much is absolutely certain.

Offline rodamala

In the town of Nazareth, PA there is a small town green in front of the Moravian church.  That little town square has been there since the Moravians founded the town.  They have no problems with the ACLU in Nazareth regarding the manger scene on that grassy square... ya see, that "public" space is owned by the Moravian church.

'Mericuh!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:41:24 am by rodamala »

geronl

I think front yard Christmas trees with crosses could become a thing.

Offline PoloSec

The other 1999 residents of the town should petition the court to have Joseph removed from the town as the sight of him is causing irreparable harm to the entire community.
Facts, Reason, Logic and Common Sense when consistently applied ultimately leads to the proper conclusion!  It worked for our Founding Fathers.