Author Topic: President-Elect Trump picks Gary Cohn, President of Goldman Sachs, as head of National Economic Council  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Suppressed

Hey, with all these Goldman Sachs connections, maybe Heidi Cruz is next!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

I love the comments on the announcement...

Liberty Lover ‏@LibertyLover12  39 minutes ago
@jamiedupree @Amarillotxsguy When Heidi worked there, "globalist". When Trump does it, "smart business".
0 replies 1 retweet 5 likes

hunkerdad ‏@hunkerdad  54 minutes ago
@jamiedupree Trump is populating the SWAMP with denizens of the briar patch
0 replies 1 retweet 3 likes

Jish Fish ‏@jish_fish  50m50 minutes ago
@jamiedupree More going out of his way to help the Forgotten Man struggling to get by on Main Street.
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

A Skeptical Human ‏@aSkepticalHuman  1 hour ago
@jamiedupree - Please excuse me while I go chug a bottle of rat poison.

Vitalsguy ‏@vitalsguy  1 hour ago
@jamiedupree remember that heckler to Ted Cruz in the sunglasses? Lyin' Ted! Asked Ted where's his Goldman Sachs jacket
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Night Hides Not

You obviously don't get it. Bannon, Cohn, and Mnuchin are good, Heidi Cruz is b-a-d.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

I love the comments on the announcement...

Liberty Lover ‏@LibertyLover12  39 minutes ago
@jamiedupree @Amarillotxsguy When Heidi worked there, "globalist". When Trump does it, "smart business".
0 replies 1 retweet 5 likes

hunkerdad ‏@hunkerdad  54 minutes ago
@jamiedupree Trump is populating the SWAMP with denizens of the briar patch
0 replies 1 retweet 3 likes

Jish Fish ‏@jish_fish  50m50 minutes ago
@jamiedupree More going out of his way to help the Forgotten Man struggling to get by on Main Street.

A Skeptical Human ‏@aSkepticalHuman  1 hour ago
@jamiedupree - Please excuse me while I go chug a bottle of rat poison.

Vitalsguy ‏@vitalsguy  1 hour ago
@jamiedupree remember that heckler to Ted Cruz in the sunglasses? Lyin' Ted! Asked Ted where's his Goldman Sachs jacket

I found some really first class one liners on the "Husky Blog" when they were getting thrashed in Spokane last Wednesday night. Zags were leading 27-6 at the second TV time out.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Not going over well at all on TOS.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Not going over well at all on TOS.

Have no fear, the idiots will find a way to justify it for themselves.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

But of course!

Offline Night Hides Not

Very simple: all of those guys are going to work for HIM, that makes it all ok. I thought they'd have to take the same oath of office that I have...you know, support, protect and defend the Constitution? I haven't found any words about the Orange Don in that oath.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I wandered over to TOS to see how they are taking all the Goldman Sachs appointments.  Most of them are defending them.  Apparently GS has become one of America's greatest companies.

One person dared to say that he was glad he didn't join on the Heidi Cruz critics bandwagon and he was immediately accused of:  Guess What?

Cruz butt hurt.

Butt hurt is one of their favorite and most elegant terms.

Fortunately someone posted that Joy Behar thing about Trump should resign and they gleefully ran over there to attack Joy.

Poor things.  Good for them, though, they're too dumb to realize what fools they are.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wish everyone would stop with the Trump hate. Our DonaldTM could nominate Barack Obama himself and you people would find some reason to trash him over it.  He obviously knows better than everyone how to Drain the Swamp(c)Trump Enterprises and the only way to do that is to fill the swamp with rabid alligators. You just need to put your faith in Our Donald, he knows best. He is from the government and he is here to help.

Offline Night Hides Not

I wish everyone would stop with the Trump hate. Our DonaldTM could nominate Barack Obama himself and you people would find some reason to trash him over it.  He obviously knows better than everyone how to Drain the Swamp(c)Trump Enterprises and the only way to do that is to fill the swamp with rabid alligators. You just need to put your faith in Our Donald, he knows best. He is from the government and he is here to help.

I had a great aunt who was the undisputed world's expert on everything, and we gave that gene her name.

It's been hell to inform my family members that the Trump gene is far stronger than hers...  8888crybaby
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:12:27 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I wandered over to TOS to see how they are taking all the Goldman Sachs appointments.  Most of them are defending them.  Apparently GS has become one of America's greatest companies.

One person dared to say that he was glad he didn't join on the Heidi Cruz critics bandwagon and he was immediately accused of:  Guess What?

Cruz butt hurt.

Fortunately someone posted that Joy Behar thing about Trump should resign and they gleefully ran over there to attack Joy.

Poor things.  Good for them, though, they're too dumb to realize what fools they are.

Idiots are easy to troll because they're morons.

In 2012 there was a troll getting them to chase a conspiracy theory that Rick Santorum was ineligible to be president because his grandfather didn't get full citizenship here or some crap.

Offline Night Hides Not

Cruz butt hurt.

I've lost the enjoyment of trolling people who post stupid stuff. For example, the stupidity of people who think that the Electoral College can be repealed in a simple referendum. Ok, they aren't stupid...they just don't know jack about the Constitution.

Or when someone wants to rant over the term "militia" regarding the 2nd Amendment.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/quotes/arms.html

•"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
— George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

Makes perfect sense to me.

Actually, the whole damn link is awesome. The intent of the Founding Fathers regarding the Second Amendment is unanimous and thunderous.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:22:19 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline Suppressed

Or when someone wants to rant over the term "militia" regarding the 2nd Amendment.

http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/wew/quotes/arms.html

Makes perfect sense to me.

Actually, the whole damn link is awesome. The intent of the Founding Fathers regarding the Second Amendment is unanimous and thunderous.

Quotes are wonderful, but what's actually in the U.S. Code is another:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/subtitle-A/part-I/chapter-13#
+++++++++