Author Topic: FBI, CIA Can't Get Their Stories Straight About Russian Hacking  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

FBI, CIA Can't Get Their Stories Straight About Russian Hacking
By Rick Moran December 11, 2016
chat 91 comments
FBI Director James Comey (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

It appears that the intelligence community and counter-intelligence community are at odds over discerning motives for the Russians hacking of DNC emails and other efforts at hacking the election.

The CIA offered an assessment that Russia “quite” clearly intended to help Republican Donald Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton and clinch the White House. But the FBI was far more circumspect in its analysis, giving rise to confusion on Capitol Hill.

Washington Post:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: FBI, CIA Can't Get Their Stories Straight About Russian Hacking
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:34:59 am »
I don't much trust spooks anyway.

When everything is kept secret for security reasons they can pretty much say anything they please.  From the public perspective, we require no hard evidence to back it up since we know they cannot reveal their "sources".

As a side note, I heard some commentator mention that, "12 different security agencies have evidence . . ."

We have 12 different security agencies?  Sounds like 11 too many to me.

Offline BLC

• True Blue Liberty
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:03 am »
As far as I am concerned, does it really matter if they got hacked?  They didn't vote and all they did was expose what the parties were trying to hide.  Its is a wake up call to have better security.  Clinton kept saying that her private server wasn't hacked.  We do know that she was using it for personal stuff as well and that she was telling Chelsea stuff.  How do we know that Chelsea wasn't hacked?

But, again, whoever allegedly hacked didn't vote.  I'd like someone to go through California's votes with a fine tooth comb.  California gives illegals drivers licenses and registers people to vote when they get a drivers license.  They also allow illegals to vote at the local level, yet they use the same ballot that the presidential election was on, so what makes them think illegals didn't vote for president?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:04:54 pm »
I've heard some estimates state 3 million illegals voted.  My guess is not many voted for Trump.

Now wouldn't it be interesting if someone petitioned a federal judge to get those illegal votes thrown out?

-----

As far as hacking goes, even the far left networks such as CNN are trotting out security experts listing they types of sites that have been hacked this past year.  The White House was hacked and shut down for 2 weeks.  The State Dept. and several other agencies were hacked as well.  Many large corporations get hacked all the time.

All these entities spend ungodly sums on security, but we're to believe Hillary's home server was just fine.