Author Topic: Trump on Fox News Sunday says he doesn't need daily intelligence briefings as POTUS because he's "smart"  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
A week before Benghazi, a report came out that Obama only attended a third of his security briefings.
I think Benghazi was a result of that, being unprepared.
The reason given for him missing those meetings was.............

Obama was so smart that he didn't need the briefings.

And now? Trump is coming out and saying the same thing.

The democrats did it first seems to be the standard of approval for Trump behavior.

And now I see Trumpers all over twitter proclaiming that Teddy Kennedy got help from the Russians so I guess they're signalling their approval for Trump.

Its like William Ayers disciples have taken over the GOP.

Offline GrouchoTex

The democrats did it first seems to be the standard of approval for Trump behavior.

And now I see Trumpers all over twitter proclaiming that Teddy Kennedy got help from the Russians so I guess they're signalling their approval for Trump.

Its like William Ayers disciples have taken over the GOP.

Yeah, I'ts just outright crazy.
That's what you get when you elect a populist who has no real political affiliation.
Anything can happen.
Half the people will be mad at him all the time, but unlike previous elections, it will be a different half on any given position he takes.
It won't always be the democrats who don't like what he's doing.

Offline Night Hides Not

You missed content, grammar, cohesion, and interest.

...but there are large dollops of cognitive dissonance.   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline NavyCanDo

Donald Trump ladies and gentlemen.

Last republican president ever.

No Bush was, and some would argue it was Reagan. Trump is not a Republican.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

This is our new President elect Trump

Offline Cripplecreek

This is our new President elect Trump

LOL You are the only other person aside from myself who compares Trumpers to Pakleds and gets it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7FNCdQ_ar0

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The democrats did it first seems to be the standard of approval for Trump behavior.  And now I see Trumpers all over twitter proclaiming that Teddy Kennedy got help from the Russians so I guess they're signalling their approval for Trump.  Its like William Ayers disciples have taken over the GOP.

I personally don't see that as much as a defense of Trump, as simply anger at the double-standard applied by the mainstream media.  Considering how pervasive their influence is in terms of shaping public political opinion, that pisses me off.

Wingnut

LOL You are the only other person aside from myself who compares Trumpers to Pakleds and gets it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7FNCdQ_ar0

It's a blessing...and a Curse Brother!

As you know Pakled's put the "P"  in GO

Offline Cripplecreek

It's a blessing...and a Curse Brother!

As you know Pakled's put the "P"  in GO

Teeth are for chewing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No Bush was, and some would argue it was Reagan. Trump is not a Republican.

Ahem… actually to be accurate we can say that Reagan was the LAST CONSERVATIVE PRESIDENT, and the final one this country will ever see in the mold of the Founders.

The Republican Party is not Republican as formerly defined by it's membership.

The GOP was NEVER a Conservative party to begin with.  It's simply where the majority that identified as Conservatives went, assuming that party upheld their principles.

Those principles are toast in that party and their leadership has vociferously told principled Constitutionalists and Christians to GET OUT or sit down and shut up and just vote.

Today it is self-evident to anyone honest with facts, that the Republican Party is simply the less radical arm of the Democrat party.  Two sides of the same big government coin - with the GOP thinking they can manage big Statism better than the Left.

There is no Party that has become a home for Conservatives yet.  But now is the time to coalesce around one and begin the work of establishing out principles within it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

A week before Benghazi, a report came out that Obama only attended a third of his security briefings.
I think Benghazi was a result of that, being unprepared.
The reason given for him missing those meetings was.............

Obama was so smart that he didn't need the briefings.

And now? Trump is coming out and saying the same thing.

You were arguing that Obama was so smart that he didn't need to attend his briefings?

And if you weren't, why would you suddenly now change your standards?

Offline GrouchoTex

You were arguing that Obama was so smart that he didn't need to attend his briefings?

And if you weren't, why would you suddenly now change your standards?

@HonestJohn

Oh no, trust me, I am not arguing in favor of either taking this stance.
I am merely pointing out the similarities.

Offline Night Hides Not

@HonestJohn

Oh no, trust me, I am not arguing in favor of either taking this stance.
I am merely pointing out the similarities.

A quality that we haven't seen in our POTUSes for far too long is common sense. I'll take that over "book smarts" every day of the week.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline goatprairie

Imagine a brain surgeon who said I don't need to read medical journals and study new techniques because I'm smart.
I thought Obama was the most egotistical prez ever but Trump might beat him. I bet Trump believes he would be the world's top brain surgeon with just a few weeks of study at Trump U.

Offline goatprairie

Considering the complexity of the world and the importance of the job, I would probably ask for a cot at the CIA just so I can get more than one daily briefing.
:amen:

Offline goatprairie

How do you post pictures? I tried to learn from the coding instructions on the site, but I can't make it work.

Wingnut

How do you post pictures? I tried to learn from the coding instructions on the site, but I can't make it work.

[ img]http://link here[ /img]  No spaces remove the "S" if you see HTTPS...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:16:03 pm by Wingnut »

Offline goatprairie

[ img]http://link here[ /img]  No spaces remove the "S" if you see HTTPS...
Thanks mucho.... :beer: