Author Topic: ESPN Public Editor Admits Network Has Gone Far Left  (Read 784 times)

rangerrebew

ESPN Public Editor Admits Network Has Gone Far Left
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:42:58 pm »
ESPN Public Editor Admits Network Has Gone Far Left

Stephen Kruiser
    Print Friendly and PDF

November 18, 2016, 3:50 am

Last month, we looked at whether ESPN’s decidedly leftward bent and declining ratings were more than coincidence. Conservative sports fans have been complaining that the network was driving them away by too often trying to shoe-horn politics into places that politics just didn’t need to be.

Some election-season musings by ESPN’s Public Editor Jim Brady confirmed that we aren’t just grumpy and definitely haven’t been imagining all of this.

The 2016 presidential election season has been one most of us will never forget. The tone has been ugly, the controversies endless, the coverage unrelenting. Our social media feeds are full of politically charged statements, and what dialogue does exist between differing sides more often resembles a WWE match than nuanced debate.

https://spectator.org/espn-public-editor-admits-network-has-gone-far-left/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:43:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: ESPN Public Editor Admits Network Has Gone Far Left
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 07:59:39 pm »
ESPN = SJW's and leftards...I quit watching them years ago because they were no longer an escape from the day to day idiocy running rampant in this country.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:08:55 pm »

The weirdest part of ESPN going hard-left is that most sports fans are hard-right. I have never seen a football game playing at a Starbucks. But I have seen a football/baseball game playing in every honky-tonk that I have ever been in.

There is no way possible that this is good for business. People want to hear John Madden calling a game. They do not want Global Warming/anti-Trump lectures from Pajama Boy.

That quarterback in those tight pants is just soooooo dreamy...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 08:29:50 pm »
ESPN is owned by Disney (80%) and Hearst (20%), which does tend to explain the slant.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn