Author Topic: Rush: Will You Be Upset If Trump Doesn't Want to Prosecute Hillary?  (Read 6134 times)

Oceander

Re: Rush: Will You Be Upset If Trump Doesn't Want to Prosecute Hillary?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2016, 10:15:09 pm »

The Clintons have gotten away scot free with crimes that would have put any of us in jail for 50 years. But in this case the issue is only indirectly about them. The issue is whether or not Trump is a liar and a fraud.

I don't like to be lied to. I don't imagine that anyone enjoys being played for a fool.

If you voted for Trump, you were lied to. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2016, 10:18:07 pm »

The Clintons have gotten away scot free with crimes that would have put any of us in jail for 50 years. But in this case the issue is only indirectly about them. The issue is whether or not Trump is a liar and a fraud.

I don't like to be lied to. I don't imagine that anyone enjoys being played for a fool.

How would you feel if Trump didn't take us out of the Paris climate accord and the Iran deal? How about if instead of going after illegal immigration he limits his efforts to policing Visas? I'm expecting him to begin qualifying his promise to re-do the ACA next.

Gotta keep reminding myself - I voted for him simply because I hoped he'd nominate reasonable jurists for SCOTUS. Its my fault if I recently started falling for his hype.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:19:17 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2016, 10:19:54 pm »

Nevermind, apparently we need to heal.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 11:03:15 pm »

And believed the lies.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »
And believed the lies.
Let's not forget, there were those who voted for him, and those who would have cast a ballot for a rotten potato to defeat Hillary. That's what got him into office, anger at the Dems and GOPe, and FEAR of Hillary.

Neither one was enough to get me to vote for him, because I didn't believe.
I voted for Castle.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:20:41 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2016, 11:25:38 pm »
Let's not forget, there were those who voted for him, and those who would have cast a ballot for a rotten potato to defeat Hillary. That's what got him into office, anger at the Dems and GOPe, and FEAR of Hillary.

I voted for Castle.

True.

I guess a lot of people just hoped the lies were true.  Good people.

I voted for Castle as well, and will never regret it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2016, 11:26:42 pm »

I voted for Castle.

I voted for Castle as well.

Trump was the political suicide bomber inside the wire.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 11:28:21 pm »
I'll be mad..I believed him when he said he would go after her..Clinton skates as always

You and me both!  But I won't be surprised because I never believed a word he said.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:29:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 12:02:46 am »
I reluctantly voted for him...my main issue was abortion...that is my line!

Trump loves abortion, he flip-flopped 5 times in a day in April before coming down on the side of leaving the laws alone.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 12:20:37 am »
True.

Considering that anger he harnessed to get into office was directed toward people who either betrayed those they had made promises to, or a criminal cartel busy ignoring our laws and sticking us with the tab, this could get ugly. Yes people Hoped, now, they're getting Change (in stated positions and goals).that sounds vaguely familiar...

As for Trump's position on Global Warming (Climate Change), why push ethanol (a darling of the CC set) otherwise (except for pandering to the farmers/Big Ethanol in Iowa)?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 12:23:15 am »
True.

I voted Gary Johnson (the only available third party candidate on my ballot) and I will never regret it either.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2016, 12:33:21 am »
I voted against Hillary Clinton.  I have/had no illusions about Trump.  As I've stated many times, he's a NEstern leftist with New York values.  While I'm surprised that he is turning so soon, I'm not really surprised that he is turning. 

I, too, am at peace with my decision.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:33:54 am by Sanguine »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2016, 12:36:50 am »
I voted against Hillary Clinton.  I have/had no illusions about Trump.  As I've stated many times, he's a NEstern leftist with New York values.  While I'm surprised that he is turning so soon, I'm not really surprised that he is turning. 

Good post...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2016, 12:42:36 am »

My vote for Castle was a vote against Hillary as well.

That's something that gets forgotten in the rhetoric, and needs to be made clear.

We ALL voted against Hillary.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2016, 03:39:42 am »
My vote for Castle was a vote against Hillary as well.

That's something that gets forgotten in the rhetoric, and needs to be made clear.

We ALL voted against Hillary.
So true. Tough concept to get across during the runup to Election Day.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 04:22:06 am »

I voted for Donny and knew I was being lied to. Don't really care. I got the only thing I really wanted out of the deal....

....and this is really all I wanted from the transaction. It was going to be a shitshow regardless of who won.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2016, 04:13:44 pm »
I voted for Donny and knew I was being lied to. Don't really care. I got the only thing I really wanted out of the deal....

....and this is really all I wanted from the transaction. It was going to be a shitshow regardless of who won.

I'll be Frank with you Frank. I underestimated just how much satisfaction the downfall of the Clintons would be.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2016, 05:40:00 pm »
I didn't vote for Trump, and was honestly indifferent which of the two miscreants occupied the White House.  What I was rooting for was a GOP House and Senate.   

Now,  my view of Trump mainly concerns whether he helps or hinders the Congress' agenda.   To that end, I'm pleased that Trump is not going to conduct a political vendetta that will distract from the Congress's work.   More generally,  I've been pleased with Trump's apparent seriousness with recruiting a sound, conservative team for his Administration, and willingness to backpeddle on the stupid, divisive stuff that galvanized the worst elements of his supporters. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:40:57 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2016, 05:43:22 pm »
Yes, if our laws mean anything, Hillary must be prosecuted.  I don't know that I will be disappointed because my expectations were low to begin with.  I will be angry though.

I haven't forgotten and don't intend to let anyone else forget.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »
I would LOVE to see Hillary prosecuted, but I don't think that is where the most mileage is to be had.  Go after all those AROUND Hillary.  Any one who paid into or received fund from the Clinton Foundation.  Put them under the financial / RICO microscope.  Freeze their funds if any wrong doing is found.  The Clinton's are toast.  Both are too old to hold office again.  But if you go after their cronies, you can severely damage the liberal "bench".

Then, once you have any Clinton Dem who dares to raise their head afraid of the smack down, finish off Clinton with at least an impeachment with a denying of any further office and any pension.   Jail time would be nice if possible.

I still think that Congress should use it's authority to create tribunals and courts lesser than SCOTUS to create a means where Congress can refer senior officers of the government for prosecution - even if the DOJ does not.

geronl

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2016, 06:59:37 pm »
   To that end, I'm pleased that Trump is not going to conduct a political vendetta that will distract from the Congress's work.   

Oh he will, against conservatives

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:44 pm »

I would LOVE to see Hillary prosecuted, but I don't think that is where the most mileage is to be had.  Go after all those AROUND Hillary.  Any one who paid into or received fund from the Clinton Foundation.  Put them under the financial / RICO microscope.  Freeze their funds if any wrong doing is found.  The Clinton's are toast.  Both are too old to hold office again.  But if you go after their cronies, you can severely damage the liberal "bench".

Then, once you have any Clinton Dem who dares to raise their head afraid of the smack down, finish off Clinton with at least an impeachment with a denying of any further office and any pension.   Jail time would be nice if possible.

I still think that Congress should use it's authority to create tribunals and courts lesser than SCOTUS to create a means where Congress can refer senior officers of the government for prosecution - even if the DOJ does not.

I think you will see changes similar to the ones you describe under Trump. The Founding Fathers and most ordinary Americans always simply expected that government officials especially at the highest levels of office would behave with honor. The only best things about the Obama term in office is that it has taught America how to deal with an anti-American, contemptuous, President.

No one ever expected the DoJ to be completely incorporated into the Presidential staff, the way Obama did it. And no one ever expected the IRS to be weaponized and turned into a personal Gestapo unit of the President, the way Obama did it. It would be normal for Congress to learn from these examples and to set up safe-guards to keep it from happening again, under any President.

If the DoJ becomes as thoroughly corrupted as it is today in the future, it seems normal that Congress would pass some legislation to be able to get around it. Otherwise, as we see today, the legal checks and balances on members of government disappears.

There has already been talk of making the Attorney General an appointment of Congress instead of being a direct appointment of the President. I don't know why the system was setup this way. Because having the Attorney General appointed directly by the President, as we have clearly seen for eight years, can lead to serious conflicts of interests and an utter corruption of the rule of law.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2016, 07:05:02 pm »

I think you will see changes similar to the ones you describe under Trump. The Founding Fathers and most ordinary Americans always simply expected that government officials especially at the highest levels of office would behave with honor. The only best things about the Obama term in office is that it has taught America how to deal with an anti-American, contemptuous, President.

No one ever expected the DoJ to be completely incorporated into the Presidential staff, the way Obama did it. And no one ever expected the IRS to be weaponized and turned into a personal Gestapo unit of the President, the way Obama did it. It would be normal for Congress to learn from these examples and to set up safe-guards to keep it from happening again, under any President.

If the DoJ becomes as thoroughly corrupted as it is today in the future, it seems normal that Congress would pass some legislation to be able to get around it. Otherwise, as we see today, the legal checks and balances on members of government disappears.

There has already been talk of making the Attorney General an appointment of Congress instead of being a direct appointment of the President. I don't know why the system was setup this way. Because having the Attorney General appointed directly by the President, as we have clearly seen for eight years, can lead to serious conflicts of interests and an utter corruption of the rule of law.

For one because the AG is part of the executive, and the president runs the executive.  In fact, I do believe the Supreme Court just ruled that it is unconstitutional to have an executive officer who is not subject to some level of control. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2016, 07:17:20 pm »

Same. I voted to save the USSC. I want one conservative, constitution-abiding justice.

I knew Trump was a snake and have low expectations of him.

As the liberal tears are drying, the reality is dawning on what kind of person Trump is.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2016, 07:45:39 pm »

I would love to believe the Clintons are toast. Unfortunately, I do not. They will not operate out front, which may be the desired effect of all this, but will remain in posession of an incredible amount of 'goods' on people all over, in positions of power, likely to advance to positions of power, and who have resources at their disposal.

It is better to be kingmaker than king, and I have little doubt that the Clintons will be pulling plenty of strings behind the scenes. If they aren't, they have lost their usefulness, and I would imagine won't be allowed to continue with the sort of dossiers they doubtless have.

C S Lewis