Author Topic: Retired Marine General Kelly Interviewed, in Consideration for Secretary of State  (Read 399 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/articles/retired-marine-gen-john-kelly-eyed-for-potential-trump-administration-role

Reince Priebus, Trump's pick for White House chief of staff, mentioned Kelly as one of the candidates being considered as the next secretary of state, along with retired Army Gen. Jack Keane, former Army vice chief of staff, who reportedly turned down Trump’s offer to serve as secretary of defense.

“I'm not sure who he's going to select, but I do know that he's talking to the right people: [Rudy] Giuliani, Gen. Keane, Gen. Kelly; he's talked to Mitt Romney, obviously,” Priebus told “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd on Sunday. “We'll see, Chuck, where it goes, but it's a good sign for all Americans.”

I've been pretty effusive in my praise of General Kelly before, so I'm pretty happy about that he's even being considered.  Important to note that neither he nor Mattis are stereotypical "dumb Jarheads".  Both are very thoughtful, extremely well-read guys.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:41:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »