Author Topic: The Nuclear Option — Anatomy of a Smear: Before There Was Bork, There Was Sessions  (Read 402 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Charles Hurt21 Nov 20161,507

It all began with Jeff Sessions from Alabama. Even before they coined a term for it — Borking — they did it to Jeff Sessions, a decent man with a stellar legal reputation as a fearless and tough but fair federal prosecutor down South.

In 1986, President Reagan nominated Jefferson Beauregard Sessions to the federal bench. The son of a general store keeper, Mr. Sessions was highly regarded for his intellect and devotion to the Constitution. The American Bar Association deemed him “qualified” for the post.

But then he came to Washington and met the United States Senate for confirmation hearings.

God help any good citizen whoever meets such a terrifying fate.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/21/nuclear-options-anatomy-smear-bork-sessions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wonder when the last time, the Deep South had someone nominated who could have as much judiciary power as Sessions would have.  These nominations have been great and I'm sure behind closed doors, most of these nominees are well-vetted. Sessions has supported Trump from the beginning. I don't know if Bill Clinton had such.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:08:02 pm by TomSea »