Author Topic: Army secretary: Obama's social changes are here to stay  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Army secretary: Obama's social changes are here to stay
« on: November 17, 2016, 06:44:07 pm »
It'll be "very hard" for President-elect Trump to undo many of the social changes President Obama implemented in the military should he decide to do so, the Army secretary said on Thursday.

Eric Fanning acknowledged that the path to social change over the course of history "has never been purely linear."

"But I do think it's very hard to roll things back completely," Fanning said at the Defense One Summit in Washington. "Society is changing very quickly."

He also said the decisions the military has already made will make it more difficult to kick people out of the service who have already been accepted...

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/army-secretary-obamas-social-changes-are-here-to-stay/article/2607678
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Army secretary: Obama's social changes are here to stay
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:45:32 pm »
It'll be "very hard" for President-elect Trump to undo many of the social changes President Obama implemented in the military should he decide to do so, the Army secretary said on Thursday.

Eric Fanning acknowledged that the path to social change over the course of history "has never been purely linear."

"But I do think it's very hard to roll things back completely," Fanning said at the Defense One Summit in Washington. "Society is changing very quickly."

He also said the decisions the military has already made will make it more difficult to kick people out of the service who have already been accepted...

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/army-secretary-obamas-social-changes-are-here-to-stay/article/2607678

Trump should have all these little fruitcakes hung upside and whipped, frankly. Get rid of all this PC garbage in the military.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 07:09:02 pm »
Of course, the Army secretary will be gone on Jan. 21...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 07:19:20 pm »
Of course, the Army secretary will be gone on Jan. 21...

Yep....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »

From Wikipedia:

Fanning was appointed Acting Under Secretary of the Army and Chief Management Officer by President Obama on June 30, 2015. On September 18, 2015, the White House announced that President Barack Obama would nominate Fanning as United States Secretary of the Army,

...snip...

Fanning became the 22nd Secretary of the Army, the largest service branch of the U.S. military, and the first openly gay head of any service in the U.S. military.[20] Following Senate approval, Fanning thanked his boyfriend Ben Masri-Cohen for his "patience at home" during the confirmation process
------------------------------------------------

That's all you need to know about this guy. He's just another cog in Obama's ongoing obsession with a gay/transgender military.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:30:17 pm »
Truth is he is probably right.  It would be difficult to reverse the gay thing completely.  But most of the other changes could be undone pretty easily.  I look forward towards reversing the order on women in combat units or, at least, giving service heads discretion to proceed as they see fit.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:35:54 pm »
Truth is he is probably right.  It would be difficult to reverse the gay thing completely.  But most of the other changes could be undone pretty easily.  I look forward towards reversing the order on women in combat units or, at least, giving service heads discretion to proceed as they see fit.

He could just grandfather the existing gays/trannies in and apply his new policy going forward.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 07:40:21 pm »
Following Senate approval, Fanning thanked his boyfriend Ben Masri-Cohen for his "patience at home" during the confirmation process

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 07:43:43 pm »

He could just grandfather the existing gays/trannies in and apply his new policy going forward.

Yeah, but then you'd have the issue of gays lying to get in, and then two different sets of rules for personnel depending on when they joined.  It's not really feasible.  Although you msy be right.  It would take time to undo it, but I suppose it would be possible.  You'd probably get some pretty wicked public backlash over it, though.  Maybe the best way is just to let commands address it informally.  Transfer them out of more desireable positions, relegate them to the rear area, etc...

But the trannies are pretty easy.  As soon as you stop paying for hormones, allowing cross-dressing, etc., and treat them as their genetic gender, it basically disappears.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:45:59 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 03:54:00 am »
i beg to differ