Author Topic: 'Avengers' Director Joss Whedon: ‘Trump Cannot Be Allowed’ to Take Office  (Read 2827 times)

rangerrebew

'Avengers' Director Joss Whedon: ‘Trump Cannot Be Allowed’ to Take Office
By Scott Whitlock | November 15, 2016 | 12:01 PM EST

Liberal director Joss Whedon on Monday warned that Donald Trump “cannot be allowed” to take office. Without explaining exactly what he meant, the Avengers filmmaker tweeted, “This is simple: Trump cannot CANNOT be allowed a term in office. It's not about 2018. It's about RIGHT NOW.”

In a follow-up tweet, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator lectured, “Letting Trump take office means burying democracy. Letting him take it without the popular vote means burying it alive.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2016/11/15/avengers-director-joss-whedon-trump-cannot-be-allowed-take-office
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:41:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

What a jacka$$

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So this inauguration should be interesting...

Offline DB

Liberal director Joss Whedon on Monday warned that Donald Trump “cannot be allowed” to take office. Without explaining exactly what he meant, the Avengers filmmaker tweeted, “This is simple: Trump cannot CANNOT be allowed a term in office. It's not about 2018. It's about RIGHT NOW.”

In a follow-up tweet, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator lectured, “Letting Trump take office means burying democracy. Letting him take it without the popular vote means burying it alive.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2016/11/15/avengers-director-joss-whedon-trump-cannot-be-allowed-take-office

The moron thinks his term is up in 2018???

Offline chae

I like Joss Whedon's work.  Buffy is my favorite show of all time, Angel was terrific, Firefly was great, and I think Dollhouse was criminally under-rated. 
That said, I don't have a problem with Joss having a political opinion, mainly because he doesn't espouse it in his work.  I can definitely appreciate the work without liking the person, same way I can still enjoy listening to Micheal Jackson.

Oceander

I like Joss Whedon's work.  Buffy is my favorite show of all time, Angel was terrific, Firefly was great, and I think Dollhouse was criminally under-rated. 
That said, I don't have a problem with Joss having a political opinion, mainly because he doesn't espouse it in his work.  I can definitely appreciate the work without liking the person, same way I can still enjoy listening to Micheal Jackson.

And his implied threats?

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
“Letting Trump take office means burying democracy. Letting him take it without the popular vote means burying it alive.”

You don't know how right you are Mr. Whedon...democracy has no place in a REPUBLIC.

I'm not real big on mob rule, thank you very much.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

debrawiest

Shut up and direct!

Offline bolobaby

Or, what, Josh? What happens if Trump becomes president?

If Trump becomes president, will people be dragged in the street and beaten for their vote?
If Trump becomes president, will mobs rampage, burning cars and smashing windows, terrorizing the general public?
If Trump becomes president, will CEOs tell employees that if they voted for the other side, they should look for employment elsewhere?
If Trump becomes president, will angry people take to twitter and youtube, threatening to beat political opponents with baseball bats?
If Trump becomes president, will speakers at universities who uphold opposition ideals be threatened, protested, and made to cancel their events so that no dissent can ever be heard?
If Trump becomes president, will religious folks be forced to live in a way that is directly contradictory to their beliefs?

The liberal projection is STRONG in this one. Very strong indeed.

I'm sick of liberals projecting their jack-booted thug fantasies on conservatives when, in fact, they are they only ones who engage in jack-booted tactics as a daily routine. The whine and complain about how horrible it will be under fascist conservatives when THEY are the source of all fascist activity in this country.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:13:08 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline rodamala

STFU and start filming more seasons of Firefly.

I'll be in my bunk.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You don't know how right you are Mr. Whedon...democracy has no place in a REPUBLIC.

I'm not real big on mob rule, thank you very much.

:thumbsup:

Offline Frank Cannon

Here's a loser who gets his shows cancelled halfway through their season. Go away dope. No one cares what you think.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Joss Whedon simply "cannot be allowed" to direct!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Joss Whedon simply "cannot be allowed" to direct!

Heathen. He puts out good stuff. And, as has been noted, he doesn't tend to push his agenda (other than a VERY strong respect for women) in any of them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Here's a loser who gets his shows cancelled halfway through their season. Go away dope. No one cares what you think.

I've never been impressed with this guy and don't understand why people love him.

I think it just shows how hip your are or something.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd never heard of Joss Whedon until I read this thread...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Joss Whedon...great movie and TV director/producer.

Suck @ss political wonk.

Stick to what you know Joss.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline doghouse

Someone needs to explain to this stupid idiot that there was an election per our constitution and that Trump won that election with a good margin.  He, the stupid idiot or any other liberal liar, have no standing under our constitution demanding anything.  Liberals do not get to rewrite the constitution or change the rules.  If they chose to insist they can step up to the plate and take their spin on the wheel of life. 
Lock and load.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Someone needs to explain to this stupid idiot that there was an election per our constitution and that Trump won that election with a good margin.  He, the stupid idiot or any other liberal liar, have no standing under our constitution demanding anything.  Liberals do not get to rewrite the constitution or change the rules.  If they chose to insist they can step up to the plate and take their spin on the wheel of life. 
Lock and load.

He's a Hollyweird Lib.  They live their entire life in a fantasy world.

There is no explaining reality to them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline rodamala

Joss Whedon...great movie and TV director/producer.

Suck @ss political wonk.

Stick to what you know Joss.

Exactly... and while we are at it... George Will should stick to baseball commentary.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Exactly... and while we are at it... George Will should stick to baseball commentary.

:amen:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
:amen:

As with every H-Wood phony, Wheadon puts his own needs for career advancement ahead of the best interests of the nation. See, people who do not toe the leftist line in H-Wood soon discover that they are out of work. That intolerance for opposing or diverse viewpoints is known as "fascism", a long-time basic element of leftist politics going back to when Lenin and Trotsky ordered the faction of revolutionaries who favored emulating a U.S. style free representative constitutional republican form of government for the new nation, to be murdered en masse. 

Acceptance of diversity to leftists means that others who disagree with them must accept their point of view, but not the other way around. To these vermin, it is just a given that there is a moral double-standard because "the Revolution" is too important to give consideration for minor things like "morality". 

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:56:23 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

In a follow-up tweet, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator lectured, “Letting Trump take office means burying democracy.
[/quote

@rangerrebew   

Somebody needs to explain to that dummy that America is NOT and never has been a democracy,and that the push by the Dims to register everything with a pulse and some rocks to vote is Un-Constitutional.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Charlespg

These people are dying for a showdown.
They will not  like  the result either

People who have seen this coming have been stock piling guns and ammo  for months ,even years  And you have leftist idiots threating members of the electoral collage

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3494969/posts?q=1&;page=51

how  do people like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJXE8R1gByM&t=11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmm9ox86zSM

Think they could win anything against a enraged populace not mention military and police   ?  22222frying pan
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:46:21 pm by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online LMAO

From the article....
“Letting Trump take office means burying democracy. Letting him take it without the popular vote means burying it alive.”

It's stunning the lack of basic civics in this country. I run into people who, even though they may not care for Clinton, can't understand how the EC works in an election and how is it the person with fewer votes wins the election. When explained, they seem to then understand. But then again, there is a difference between speaking out of ignorance and speaking out of rage.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy