Author Topic: GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law  (Read 26557 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: GOP President-Elect Donald Trump Says Same-Sex Marriage Is 'Settled' Law
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2016, 09:38:19 pm »
Right back at ya, TRG.

No...not so much. 

By the way, the SCOTUS agrees with me, not you.  I understand the origins of the equal protection clause, but it's scope isn't limited to slavery.    That's been settled for a century.

The equal protection clause was written specifically for slavery and about slavery.  The only thing that has been "settled" is the courts continued and willful misinterpretation of that particular Constitutional Amendment in order to enact Liberal social engineering.

I know that's probably a painful and harsh reality for you to have to come to grips with...but it's the truth.

Since you purposely ignored this before...let me post it for you again.

The 14th Amendment was intended to prevent states from discriminating against newly freed slaves. At that time blacks and women didn't even have the right to vote, yet no court ever thought it could use the "equal protection" clause to change state voting laws. So why do some district courts think they can use it now to change state marriage laws? Are we to believe that "equal protection" does not guarantee a woman's right to vote but does guarantee a woman's right to marry another woman?

Since the people "evolved" on voting rights, they convinced supermajorities in Congress and of the state legislatures voted to add the 15th and 19th Amendments in 1870 and 1920 respectively. The courts knew they shouldn't act as legislatures to grant rights not addressed by the Constitution. Neither should this Supreme Court.

<snip>

Every person has the same equal right to marry someone of the opposite sex. That law treats all people equally, but not every behavior they may desire equally. If people with homosexual desires do not have equal rights, then people with desires to marry their relatives or more than one person don't have equal rights. The "born that way" justification doesn't work either because that same justification could make any desired arrangement "marriage," which means the logic behind it is absurd. The Court needs to acknowledge the fact that natural marriage, same sex-marriage, incestuous marriage, and polygamous marriage are all different behaviors with different outcomes, so the law rightfully treats those behaviors differently while giving every citizen the equal right to participate in marriage whatever its legal definition is.

The U.S. Constitution says nothing about marriage. While the Supreme Court did overturn Virginia's ban on inter-racial marriage, it did so because Virginia discriminated on the basis of race, which is precisely what the 14th Amendment was intended to prevent. There is no rational reason to discriminate on the basis of race because race is irrelevant to marriage. However, gender is essential to it. Even the 2013 Windsor decision, which partially struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, recognized that marriage is a state, not a federal issue. Since there is no 14th Amendment issue here, the Court must leave marriage to the states.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/Miscellaneous/2015/03/19/why-the-14th-amendment-cant-possibly-require-same-sex-marriage

If you don't like homosexuality, don't practice it.  If you want to call two folks in a loving, monogamous relationship perverts, then that's your right under the First Amendment.  But you don't have the right to impose your morality on others, and neither does the state by declining to extend to my gay friends, relatives and neighbors the equal protection of the law.

I didn't call them perverts.  Stop putting words in my mouth.  Your problem with this issue is you're too close to the subject.

And once again I will ask you...since you've ignored the question a couple times...please cite to me what Constitutional right gays are being denied?

Marriage is not a right.  You are wanting to bastardize something that has nothing to do with gay "rights" and give them a protection that I'm not afforded.

I want MY constitutional "right" to marry.

Where do I go to get redress? 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2016, 09:40:33 pm »
Same-sex marriage is not a hill to die on in the bigger picture. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

The 'way it is' is that for you and yours, there is no hill worth dying on. Every time a wedge issue arises, you side with the liberal position. You wrap it up in names like compromise but at the end of the day abortion is still legal, marriage is now open to homosexual and you have done nothing but aid the left with capitulation.

The problem is not leftists pushing all manner of idiocy. It's people claiming to be on the right undermining opposition to the left with 'compromise', whether it's gay marriage or compromise on abortion from within. I would put forward there is no socially conservative issue that you and yours would not sell out to advance the liberal position. And we have all read your postings as proof.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:41:59 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2016, 09:43:29 pm »
The 'way it is' is that for you and yours, there is no hill worth dying on. Every time a wedge issue arises, you side with the liberal position. You wrap it up in names like compromise but at the end of the day abortion is still legal, marriage is now open to homosexual and you have done nothing but aid the left with capitulation.

The problem is not leftists pushing all manner of idiocy. It's people claiming to be o the right undermining opposition to the left with 'compromise', whether it's gay marriage or compromise on abortion from within. I would put forward there is no socially conservative issue that you and yours would not sell out to advance the liberal position. And we have all read your postings as proof.

You are wrong.

Trump is supporting the right to life fully, the problem with you and yours is you never get anything done and criticize about everything and things go down hill more and more and more and more.

Your position then, if you are criticizing others and calling names, is you and the worshippers of Ted Cruz get nothing done.

Better to get something than nothing.

In fact, one might as well be fully for Obama and Clinton, the way you think. That's what you give us.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 09:45:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2016, 09:44:14 pm »

The problem is not leftists pushing all manner of idiocy. It's people claiming to be on the right undermining opposition to the left with 'compromise', whether it's gay marriage or compromise on abortion from within. I would put forward there is no socially conservative issue that you and yours would not sell out to advance the liberal position. And we have all read your postings as proof.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »
Go with the Constitution Party, less than one percent and growing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:48 pm »
Go with the Constitution Party, less than one percent and growing.

Not long ago, and entire society that once boasted making the scriptures available to the world and having the most cathedrals - marched in lockstep to a new morality that they accepted as better than what they had before.

Nothing new under the sun.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2016, 09:59:06 pm »
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:02:38 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2016, 10:00:45 pm »
Ted Cruz sponsored, co-sponsored the fetal pain bill, no abortions after 20 weeks.

Wouldn't you know, there were purists that said "Ted, you are allowing abortions in the first 20 weeks".

If that is what your purist political philosophy brings one, so be it. Lesser abortions is better than more.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2016, 10:02:05 pm »

If one personalizes it, this kind of thinking is what gives us Obama, if one is so pure.

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

How sanctimonious, so race card players are conservatives now to boot? Eh?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:03:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2016, 10:09:14 pm »
Trump got the endorsements of 220 ex-Reagan staff members led by Ed Meese,

Good luck name calling others as not conservative.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2016, 10:13:12 pm »

Stay on topic. You're just posting random crap now that has nothing to do with the topic.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2016, 10:17:14 pm »
Ted Cruz sponsored, co-sponsored the fetal pain bill, no abortions after 20 weeks.

Wouldn't you know, there were purists that said "Ted, you are allowing abortions in the first 20 weeks".

If that is what your purist political philosophy brings one, so be it. Lesser abortions is better than more.

TomSea makes posts about extra special reasons he would rather compromise on marriage and abortion than stand up for the right to life and traditional marriage.

Every baby that dies because you and yours 'compromise their lives is one more death on your conscience. I am not willing to trade one life for another based on arbitrary time figures. Life is life. There will be no compromise. Ever. If you choose to compromise, your situational ethics will never end with one life over another. Eventually you will trade adult lives for one issue or another as well.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2016, 10:19:18 pm »

If one personalizes it, this kind of thinking is what gives us Obama, if one is so pure.

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

How sanctimonious, so race card players are conservatives now to boot? Eh?

When you personally advocate trading life for political expedience, then yes, it gets made personally. You personally chose to make your beliefs known. People choose to place blame for the outcome of your belief where it belongs. On the person voicing that belief. Actions/Consequence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2016, 10:22:10 pm »
Applaud libel if that rings one bell.

Like libeling the entire forum as Hillary supporters?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2016, 10:55:36 pm »
TomSea makes posts about extra special reasons he would rather compromise on marriage and abortion than stand up for the right to life and traditional marriage.

Every baby that dies because you and yours 'compromise their lives is one more death on your conscience. I am not willing to trade one life for another based on arbitrary time figures. Life is life. There will be no compromise. Ever. If you choose to compromise, your situational ethics will never end with one life over another. Eventually you will trade adult lives for one issue or another as well.

That's one area you and I disagree on.  If I could save 50 lives out of a 100, I would do so and not reject the whole deal because I couldn't save all 100.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2016, 11:01:56 pm »
That's one area you and I disagree on.  If I could save 50 lives out of a 100, I would do so and not reject the whole deal because I couldn't save all 100.

I used to look at it that way. But the problem is that we never advance our position, only get more of our position chipped away. the left uses it as a hammer and increases their slaughter one court ruling at a time. Since we are losing and abortion goes on, I can see no point in taking the compromise route even if I were to accept the argument that in matters of life, compromise is acceptable. All we are doing is giving the left a reason to keep killing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2016, 12:05:04 am »
I used to look at it that way. But the problem is that we never advance our position, only get more of our position chipped away. the left uses it as a hammer and increases their slaughter one court ruling at a time. Since we are losing and abortion goes on, I can see no point in taking the compromise route even if I were to accept the argument that in matters of life, compromise is acceptable. All we are doing is giving the left a reason to keep killing.

OK, Norm, but I'm willing to watch my 50 get a chance to grow up.  Not sure what you'll be watching. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2016, 12:12:39 am »
OK, Norm, but I'm willing to watch my 50 get a chance to grow up.  Not sure what you'll be watching.

Watching/helping people fighting for the other 50 so they can live too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2016, 12:15:03 am »
Watching/helping people fighting for the other 50 so they can live too.

Ah, but you can only do that if I've gotten the first 50 off.  Otherwise, you're watching zilch.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2016, 12:18:29 am »
Ah, but you can only do that if I've gotten the first 50 off.  Otherwise, you're watching zilch.

No, I don't need you to do anything in order to work toward trying to keep them all alive. Those with  the position I share will continue to fight for all life regardless of what you choose to do.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2016, 12:24:13 am »
No, I don't need you to do anything in order to work toward trying to keep them all alive. Those with  the position I share will continue to fight for all life regardless of what you choose to do.

And, with that you just complete that circle of logic. 

Not trying to pick on you - I think you're wearing blinders.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2016, 12:33:35 am »

There is no circular logic nor blinders. In order to say 'this group lives and this one dies', which is what your position ultimately results in, is exactly what the left is doing. they are just saying it openly.

Think about what you are advocating. After the arguments about pragmatism etc, you are still left with the above choice. You are ultimately trading one group of lives for another. Now I am not saying that you personally intend that. But regardless of what your intent is, thats the outcome.

We have played it that way since RvW. Abortion is increasing. We are at 50,000,000 dead and counting. Isn't it time to accept what the numbers show us and say 'no more'? Maybe of people stopped giving themselves an easy out/making excuses, we would get serious about the issue instead of telling ourselves plesant lies to avoid the reality of what the collective 'we' are doing.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2016, 12:43:34 am »
Right back at ya, TRG.   

By the way, the SCOTUS agrees with me, not you.  I understand the origins of the equal protection clause, but it's scope isn't limited to slavery.    That's been settled for a century.

For the umpteenth time, we already had equal protection before the court decided to legislate from the bench.

If you don't like homosexuality, don't practice it. 

Hold it right there, son.  This has nothing to do with sexual preference.  I may desire to have sex with goats, but the government sees fit to make that illegal.  So let's get back on topic here.  It's 'same sex marriage' - marriage that is still arbitrarily limited to just two people - equal protection be damned for polygamists, eh?  And that is regardless of sexual preference.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2016, 12:44:59 am »

By constantly giving in you aren't saving any. IF you could you would.

Same-sex marriage is wrong. I haven't read the whole thread. Passing a law doesn't make it right. Merely legal in the current state. Some things transcend, and have, ANY current legal state. This is one of them.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2016, 12:47:55 am »

That's beautiful and all, but still takes away nothing from the fact that Donald Trump is a New York liberal.  His policies prove it - policies that you continue to ignore no matter how many times they are brought up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-