Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16784 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2016, 11:28:10 pm »
No, in the Age of Trump you pretend those are eggs - you paint them gold and you sell them to suckers.

Trump Eggstm

Offline musiclady

« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2016, 11:41:33 pm »

https://youtu.be/rinz9Avvq6A

How do you post Youtube vids?

Take away the "s" at the end of "https"
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

Offline musiclady

« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48:58 pm »
He needs the source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinz9Avvq6A&feature=youtu.be

Then remove the "s"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinz9Avvq6A&feature=youtu.be

Oooo............. I didn't notice he didn't have the source!

Thanks!   888blushing8888

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Wingnut

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2016, 11:55:57 pm »
Oooo............. I didn't notice he didn't have the source!

Thanks!   888blushing8888

:doglick:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2016, 12:08:45 am »
When you get lemons, you make a pillow???    :tongue2:
You mix metaphors!  :tongue2:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2016, 12:27:44 am »
@musiclady

I love  Lemon Chiffon petit fours..
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2016, 12:28:25 am »
Yeah.......... that was a thrilling announcement, wasn't it??   **nononono*

@musiclady

Elsewhere I've seen it posted that Priebus is a good choice because he showed "loyalty" to Trump.

That's where we are now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2016, 12:32:18 am »
@musiclady

Elsewhere I've seen it posted that Priebus is a good choice because he showed "loyalty" to Trump.

That's where we are now.

Catholics no longer kiss the ring of the Pope.

But ring-kissing is back in style in Trumpland.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2016, 12:34:47 am »
NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
David Krayden
11/11/2016

“I’ll call Donald Trump to offer my support,” enthused former NeverTrumper Glenn Beck after readjusting his universe to the presence of the new president-elect.  Was this reassuring to the Trump team?  Had an entire constituency come home?

Perhaps not.  Beck may have squandered his political capital long before he joined the NeverTrumpers and established a micro-niche in cyberspace.  First there was the late afternoon talk show on Fox News where Beck routinely dabbled in political history and had an hour of major network time to chew on his assorted obsessions while challenging his audience to make some sense of it.  He carried his sophomoric approach to radio where he and a pack of wisecracking pals would do their best interpretation of frat house conversation.  So I’m sure Trump is saying, “Thank you.  We’ll be in touch.”

But others are coming home – with a varying degree of enthusiasm.

The folks at the ever-petulant National Review, which sometimes seems like the Shadow Review because it’s not as conservative as it purports to be, had some humble pie to eat as well.  While giving qualified acceptance of the election results, the editorial staff studiously avoided any mention of the magazine’s pre-election issue with a cover depicting an embattled Republican elephant being submerged by a Democratic blue wave.

more at:       http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/nevertrumpers-eat-humble-pie/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@DCPatriot

My home is in Virginia, not in Trump's lap or in the Republican party.  If I had to go back, I wouldn't change my vote for McMullin.  It was the right thing to do.

I said I was wrong about Trump's chances of getting elected, and if that's being humble, fine, but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving Donald a chance...the people have spoken, and I'll wait to see if he gives me a reason to criticize him. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2016, 12:37:56 am »

And get eider down in your Lemon Meringue pie.  ^-^

Offline musiclady

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2016, 12:40:43 am »
@musiclady

That's where we are now.

I'm trying to figure out how, in any rational world, Priebus IS a "good choice."

Where we are now is loyalists who will say anything that Trump does is good.  We'll see how long it lasts.

I'm still waiting for "good"........

@CatherineofAragon

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2016, 12:44:40 am »
I'm trying to figure out how, in any rational world, Priebus IS a "good choice."

Where we are now is loyalists who will say anything that Trump does is good.  We'll see how long it lasts.

@CatherineofAragon
Loyalist to a person is the basis for a kingdom. Where we should be is loyalists to the constitution!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2016, 12:45:48 am »

@DCPatriot

My home is in Virginia, not in Trump's lap or in the Republican party.  If I had to go back, I wouldn't change my vote for McMullin.  It was the right thing to do.

I said I was wrong about Trump's chances of getting elected, and if that's being humble, fine, but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving Donald a chance...the people have spoken, and I'll wait to see if he gives me a reason to criticize him.

I so totally misread this: "but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving Donald a chance..." I read it as "but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving McDonald's a chance"... and I'm thinking Trump leaves a bad taste...but McDonald's is an act of pure desperation...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2016, 12:48:40 am »
Loyalist to a person is the basis for a kingdom. Where we should be is loyalists to the constitution!

I voted for Castle. I thought it over and went ahead and voted. I was going to abstain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2016, 12:56:12 am »

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

I don't think Reince would be a good choice for much of anything.  Kellyanne Conway would have been excellent, IMO.

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:25 am »
I so totally misread this: "but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving Donald a chance..." I read it as "but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.   I'm giving McDonald's a chance"... and I'm thinking Trump leaves a bad taste...but McDonald's is an act of pure desperation...

@bigheadfred

Lmao

I don't know if anything could make me resort to McDonald's.  I keep hearing people say they have wonderful coffee, but call me skeptical.  It's probably about as strong as PeeWee Herman.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2016, 01:08:56 am »

@DCPatriot

I said I was wrong about Trump's chances of getting elected, and if that's being humble, fine, but the only thing I'm going to eat is dinner.  I'm giving Donald a chance...the people have spoken, and I'll wait to see if he gives me a reason to criticize him.

Thank you, @CatherineofAragon    That's all we're looking for.     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:20 am »
Thank you, @CatherineofAragon    That's all we're looking for.     :patriot:

I can wait until he is sworn in before I criticize him AS POTUS. Until then everything else he does and says (incessantly) is fair game.

But IMO we have had bad presidents for 28 years. And I've been criticizing them for those same 28 years.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2016, 01:35:44 am »
I don't know if anything could make me resort to McDonald's.  I keep hearing people say they have wonderful coffee,

Bleah. They forgot to stir up my caramel mocha one time. all the instant coffee and powdered milk/mocha was a big clump in the bottom of a hot cup of water.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2016, 06:11:01 am »
OK, I was #NeverTrumpNeverHillary (#NeverHillarump? #NeverTrumpary? I voted "none of these candidates"), but let's eat some humble pie . . .

Humble Pie, "Four Day Creep"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:37:37 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2016, 06:46:31 am »
@bigheadfred

Lmao

I don't know if anything could make me resort to McDonald's.  I keep hearing people say they have wonderful coffee, but call me skeptical.  It's probably about as strong as PeeWee Herman.
@CatherineofAragon
You can still bank on McD's coffee, it's been provided by Gavina in SoCal for decades, other suppliers are S&D Coffee in Concord,NC ,Distant Lands Coffee in Texas and Vermont’s Green Mountain Coffee Roaster, it is the only thing the morons at the top haven't screwed up! None of the food tastes like it did when I ran Franchises, once they went to cooking up and holding individual ingredients in warming cabinets for later assembly, what they called the "Just In Time" program, the only thing they ended up with for the most part was just crap. The coffee is really good, but the only way I ever eat at McD's now is if I order everything cooked fresh, and that's from someone that ate McD's five to six days a week of ten to eleven hour days, albeit by necessity.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2016, 07:51:29 am »

Oh, but they do have wonderful coffee. So wonderful that until now their secret supplier hasn't been revealed:

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2016, 08:26:07 am »
Humble Pie ...Hmmmmmm

The capacity of Trump supporters for self delusion is amazing...for those who have a financial interest, to now be supporting Trump is a truly shocking move :silly:

For regular voters viscerally opposed to Trump..not so much. :shrug:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2016, 01:16:56 pm »
Oh, but they do have wonderful coffee. So wonderful that until now their secret supplier hasn't been revealed:

Wacky packs! I haven't seen them since I was a kid!  :silly:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️