Author Topic: Single [Gurkha] Commando Kills 30 Taliban Fighters  (Read 406 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Single [Gurkha] Commando Kills 30 Taliban Fighters
« on: November 11, 2016, 07:11:37 pm »
To say that Gurkhas are simply soldiers from Nepal would be a massive, massive understatement. If there’s a single reason no one goes to war with Nepal, it is because of the Gurkhas’ reputation. They are elite, fearless warriors who serve in not only the Nepalese Army but also in the British and Indian armies as well, a tradition since the end of the Anglo-Nepalese War in 1816. They are known for their exceptional bravery, ability, and heroism in the face of insurmountable odds. Faithful to their traditions, one Gurkha in Afghanistan, Dipprasad Pun, singlehandedly held his post against more than 30 Taliban fighters.

It was a September evening in Afghanistan’s Helmand Province. It was 2010, and Sergeant Dipprasad Pun of the Royal Gurkha Rifles was on duty at a two-story outpost. He heard some noises and found two insurgents attempting to lay an IED in a nearby road. He realized he was surrounded. The night sky filled up with bullets and RPG fire.Taliban fighters sprang into a well-planned assault on Pun’s outpost.

Pun responded by pulling his machine gun off its tripod and handholding it as he returned fire toward the oncoming fighters. He went through every round he had available before tossing 17 grenades at the attackers. When he was out of grenades, he picked up his SA80 service rifle and started using that. He even threw a land mine at the enemy.

[excerpted]

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1671438-single-commando-kills-30-taliban-fighters?s=196

He was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Single [Gurkha] Commando Kills 30 Taliban Fighters
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »
Those guys a bad asses! Every single one of them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien