Author Topic: Let her go? Giuliani, Christie throw cold water on Hillary prosecution (Watch Video)  (Read 6665 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.

@Sanguine

In this case the right thing to do is name a Special Prosecutor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
WTF?  You really think she shouldn't be prosecuted for committing crimes that you and I would and others have gone to jail for?  Really?

Let it go. The country turns into a civil war if you don't. It pisses off 50% of the country if you don't.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Let it go. The country turns into a civil war if you don't. It pisses off 50% of the country if you don't.

Letting it go is EXACTLY what has brought us to this point in our history!  Sooner or latter the rule of law is going to have to be reestablished in this country and I vote for sooner!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:52:39 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Say what?

Sorry you lost me, Trump needs to act as conservative and back it up with action, from the time he was elected is what I'm saying...

He is a Conservative, he got the endorsement of 220 ex-Reagan staffers; that's good enough for me. Do you somehow know better?

Offline TomSea

Christie and Giuliani are both prosecutors or former.

They are politicians as well; Giuliani got New York City's crime down; Christie is still an open book but was a former successful prosecutor under Bush and prosecuted and convicted terrorists.

I'm sure they know something about this.

Giuliani could only be an effective Republican Mayor in New York by teamwork.

As usual, the Cruz-bots and Levin-bots spout; yet, their idols have not performed in leadership roles and per political accomplishment, they are very limited as well.

But you all tell us what it is all about!  **nononono*

Online DB

@Sanguine

In this case the right thing to do is name a Special Prosecutor.

There's no need for a special prosecutor if the FBI and DOJ are not corrupt. Special prosecutors are to investigate the executive branch. Hillary isn't a member of it.

I bet there's a lot "cleaning house" (shredding of evidence) in the FBI and DOJ right now...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There's no need for a special prosecutor if the FBI and DOJ are not corrupt. Special prosecutors are to investigate the executive branch. Hillary isn't a member of it.

I bet there's a lot "cleaning house" (shredding of evidence) in the FBI and DOJ right now...

40 horsepower industrial strength shredders running 24/7!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

She's a 70 year old woman as well; that speaks for itself no matter what anyone wants to say.

Online DB

That really depends on what the hard evidence is.

Online DB

She's a 70 year old woman as well; that speaks for itself no matter what anyone wants to say.

What's that mean? Trump is even older...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
40 horsepower industrial strength shredders running 24/7!

:silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

Strange..I heard Giuliani say last night on BOR that they would most definitely recommend a special prosecutor...

That doesn't make sense. A special prosecutor is to investigate the executive branch because there's a conflict of interest when it investigates itself. Hillary is not a member of the executive branch. The FBI and DOJ can investigate this just fine if Trump cleans it up first. And if it does it should do so quietly and make its case when complete if there's case left to be made.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
:silly:

And they aren't just in at the FBI and DOJ!  The Department of State and the IRS have leased a few as well!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

Assassination threats have been made to Trump, protests, even if organized; are happening in the streets.

Sometimes it's best not to inflame tensions in a nation, haters be damned, they aren't a part of the Trump revolution.

Offline montanajoe

What seems to be missing in this conversation is the fact that in America you don't go to jail UNTIL you are convicted of a crime. I certainly understand the sentiment of those who would like to see Clinton in jail but its never going to happen. Even with a special prosecutor chances are he, like Comey, will not find enough evidence, but even if she somehow was indicted there still has to be a trial. She will get the very best defense team money can buy and the trial will probably end up in Washington DC or another favorable venue where the chances of finding her guilty of even jaywalking, beyond a reasonable doubt, are infinitesimal.

Additionally, Trump would be hammered day in and day out for using the power of the Federal government to go after his political enemy and because the Congress will already be looking at the 2018 elections anything that he is trying to get through will stall. Guiliani, Christie and Gingrich simply will not pay the political price of going after her...

Personally, I'd just as soon see him go for it and destroy his Presidency right out of the gate but those who hope to have a political future in the GOP will stop him..

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Truth is that tRump never meant a word he said during the entire campaign.
No wall, no deportations. no ending NAFTA, no tariffs on imports...........oh, the list goes on. 
Wondering just what it was that snared so many voters into believing him.   Celebrity?
Fools gold?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233460.msg1113434
The first post and post #27 have a fairly extensive list of promises. I am sure there are others. It will be interesting to see which of those he can keep and does in the future.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

What seems to be missing in this conversation is the fact that in America you don't go to jail UNTIL you are convicted of a crime. I certainly understand the sentiment of those who would like to see Clinton in jail but its never going to happen. Even with a special prosecutor chances are he, like Comey, will not find enough evidence, but even if she somehow was indicted there still has to be a trial. She will get the very best defense team money can buy and the trial will probably end up in Washington DC or another favorable venue where the chances of finding her guilty of even jaywalking, beyond a reasonable doubt, are infinitesimal.

Additionally, Trump would be hammered day in and day out for using the power of the Federal government to go after his political enemy and because the Congress will already be looking at the 2018 elections anything that he is trying to get through will stall. Guiliani, Christie and Gingrich simply will not pay the political price of going after her...

Personally, I'd just as soon see him go for it and destroy his Presidency right out of the gate but those who hope to have a political future in the GOP will stop him..
Not exactly. You are arrested. You get a preliminary hearing, where bail is set (if it is--some people are considered too great a 'flight risk'). Either you make bail or you sit in the cell until your trial.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I fully understand your line of reasoning but simply do not agree with it.  As I said above, at some point the rule of law is going to have to be reestablished in this country and there is no better time to do that than right now!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

Online Smokin Joe

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vTUpo1owAU
Didn't they burn up a couple of those at the Rose Law Firm years ago? Overheated...

C S Lewis

Offline Lando Lincoln

Trump is 70...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

Trump is 70...
A year from now, Hillary will be 70, does one think this prosecution the Never Trumpers want Trump to do would be over by then if one is getting real technical?

Sure, it was bluster when Trump said this but at the time, it looked very much like Clinton was on her way to the White House, there was a high confidence level she would win; and Trump said what he did in a mood that might have had a bit of desperation to it and to point out to people, "hey, this woman is corrupt".

Online Smokin Joe

How old was Leona Helmsley? 69 when convicted.

Throw the book at her.

"Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it Treason."

Prosecute. Restore the Rule of Law.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 04:26:33 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Didn't they burn up a couple of those at the Rose Law Firm years ago? Overheated...

Have you looked and the price of shares in the company that makes Bleach bit software lately?

- J. R. R. Tolkien