Author Topic: Anyone Else Notice Local Network TV News Suddenly Airing "Special Reports" on "Gun Violence" & Similar Leftist Issue?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seems like all of the local tv networks I receive are suddenly airing and promoting "Special Reports on Gun Violence" and other Dim "get out the vote" subjects the last week before the election?

IMHO,this is nothing more than them using the public airwaves to provide free advertising for Bubbette! Clinton in an effort to get out the vote for her. Face it,there is nobody else they could or would be playing to. You damn sure aren't going to pull in reluctant pro-gun Republican voters.

I would like to see any station that does this taken to court for making  illegal campaign donations and see a suit filed to pull their "public interest license" for playing partisan politics with the public air waves,but I doubt it will happen.

I strongly suspect this is happening pretty much all over the country,but most people won't make the connection or even wonder if it is happening anywhere else.

Speak out if it is happening in your area,and maybe some politician needing a crusade to pull in votes for him or her will make it a national public issue if it becomes plain it is happening all over.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think I vaguely saw something like this the other day.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think I vaguely saw something like this the other day.

@TomSea

I didn't pay much attention to it at first because local channels everywhere always promote this stuff during the day,but then I started seeing them push it during prime time,which they normally reserve for paying customers,so I started paying attention to how often it was being ran,which was often.

I also checked the other stations I don't normally keep on "background noise" while reading or on the computer,and damned if the other two aren't also running "specials" about how "immigrants",NOT "illegal aliens",are being unfairly treated and abused,Whymen's Rights,or some other Dim-aligned trigger point.

IMNSHO,this is nothing more than unpaid political advertising for Clinton using the public airwaves.

BTW,I don't remember ever seeing this happen before.

Offline andy58-in-nh

It's exactly what you would suspect: the Clinton Campaign blast-emails news story "ideas" to media producers along with preselected quotes and cherry-picked "statistics", and the largely liberal producers dutifully respond. Democrats are far better at this game than Republicans, and in truth, they have a far more receptive clientele. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's exactly what you would suspect: the Clinton Campaign blast-emails news story "ideas" to media producers along with preselected quotes and cherry-picked "statistics", and the largely liberal producers dutifully respond. Democrats are far better at this game than Republicans, and in truth, they have a far more receptive clientele.

@andy58-in-nh

There is no secret why their "customers" would be very receptive to those "suggestions". Whoever sits in the WH controls the FCC,and by virtue of that controls who gets to own broadcast licenses,and even who gets to KEEP broadcast licenses. A FCC tv broadcast license is the equivalent of a permit to print money. It is literally worth millions in profit EVERY year.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how effective even a hint of retaliation might be to someone who has such a license.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@andy58-in-nh

There is no secret why their "customers" would be very receptive to those "suggestions". Whoever sits in the WH controls the FCC,and by virtue of that controls who gets to own broadcast licenses,and even who gets to KEEP broadcast licenses. A FCC tv broadcast license is the equivalent of a permit to print money. It is literally worth millions in profit EVERY year.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how effective even a hint of retaliation might be to someone who has such a license.
@sneakypete

Roughly 95% of news producers are Democrats. The news outlets they serve are run by Democrats. They don't fear the FCC, but they ought to fear their customers, who are increasingly tuning them out.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seems like all of the local tv networks I receive are suddenly airing and promoting "Special Reports on Gun Violence" and other Dim "get out the vote" subjects the last week before the election?

IMHO,this is nothing more than them using the public airwaves to provide free advertising for Bubbette! Clinton in an effort to get out the vote for her. Face it,there is nobody else they could or would be playing to. You damn sure aren't going to pull in reluctant pro-gun Republican voters.

I would like to see any station that does this taken to court for making  illegal campaign donations and see a suit filed to pull their "public interest license" for playing partisan politics with the public air waves,but I doubt it will happen.

I strongly suspect this is happening pretty much all over the country,but most people won't make the connection or even wonder if it is happening anywhere else.

Speak out if it is happening in your area,and maybe some politician needing a crusade to pull in votes for him or her will make it a national public issue if it becomes plain it is happening all over.
Have seen reports on Militias, Waco, Ruby Ridge on Cable recently. It has me wondering why theis stuff is being dragged up again, especially since the reports I saw were just wrong, sanitized to protect the government, and to justify actions like the deployment of military hardware in police operations in the early '90s. Posse Comitatus was never mentioned. The attempt was made to tie McVeigh in with the MI Militia, even though he was kicked out of the one meeting he showed up at, with plenty of implying that somehow there was a MI militia connection to OK City. The SPLC dweeb was given a lot of microphone time, and it behooves everyone to remember that the SPLC has been known to brief Federal Agencies on who is a domestic terrorist.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

@sneakypete

Roughly 95% of news producers are Democrats. The news outlets they serve are run by Democrats. They don't fear the FCC, but they ought to fear their customers, who are increasingly tuning them out.

It's like watching "Vremya" in the Soviet Union.

geronl

I did not know that conservatives were supposed to be in favor of gun violence

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I did not know that conservatives were supposed to be in favor of gun violence

@geronl

I have owned a number of guns in my life time,and not a single damn one of them was violent. In FACT,every single one of them was about as passive as passive gets.

Guess I just got lucky,huh?

Offline Smokin Joe

@geronl

I have owned a number of guns in my life time,and not a single damn one of them was violent. In FACT,every single one of them was about as passive as passive gets.

Guess I just got lucky,huh?
Many of mine are surplus arms. I can safely state they haven't killed anyone since they came into my possession. Prior to that, I cannot attest how effectively they were used.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Many of mine are surplus arms. I can safely state they haven't killed anyone since they came into my possession. Prior to that, I cannot attest how effectively they were used.

@Smokin Joe

Well,I can sort of identify with them because I'm pretty much surplus myself.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm just surprised some cop hasn't killed a black kid somewhere yet. That's been the usual distraction whenever Hillary's in trouble.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

I'm just surprised some cop hasn't killed a black kid somewhere yet. That's been the usual distraction whenever Hillary's in trouble.
Actually, I'm glad there are only a couple more school days before the election. Maybe there isn't enough time to trot out the whole evil gun canard, but considering that both candidates from the Big parties have embraced an "assault weapon" ban at some time, maybe that doesn't make any difference now.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jmyrlefuller

I'm betting she and her staff are watching the fax machines and listening for the phone to ring so they can jump right on it the instant it happens.

I am also beginning to wonder if anyone punched Al Sharpton's ticket. I have a hard time visualizing him staying out of the mess unless the bag of cash never showed up.